Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Harbaugh

+10
Larry Kazamias
CORNER BLITZ
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
Jethro Bodeen
Ass Dan
NigelUno
steveschneider
14 posters

Go down

Jim Harbaugh Empty Jim Harbaugh

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 15:09

I can't read the Detroit papers anymore until they quit the slurping. The sports section has become a Harbaugh shrine for fucks sake.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Jim Harbaugh Empty Re: Jim Harbaugh

Post by Guest 2014-12-19, 15:27

I'm torn.

I want him to go elsewhere just to watch the epic meltdown.

I want them to hire him to watch the inevitable tire fire. Might take 2-4 years but it'll happen.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-19, 15:30

LooseGoose wrote:I'm torn.

I want him to go elsewhere just to watch the epic meltdown.

I want them to hire him to watch the inevitable tire fire. Might take 2-4 years but it'll happen.

He is a different dude. It would make it a hell of a lot more interesting, that's for sure.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 15:42

NigelUno wrote:

He is a different dude. It would make it a hell of a lot more interesting, that's for sure.

You'd think he's the second coming of Vince Lombardi.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-19, 15:57

I think um fans will get tired of him not winning pretty quickly. That program is in serious disrepair right now
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 16:15

Ass Dan wrote:I think um fans will get tired of him not winning pretty quickly. That program is in serious disrepair right now

I actually think he'd get them back to 10 wins. No way he would fail to develop a qb like Hoke and Rich Rod did.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-12-19, 16:20

He's a jackass. He doesn't give a crap about anything but himself. He knows the risks are too high to take UM job. He'd do ok, but ANY decent coach could do that at Michigan.

Who would want the hassle of dealing with the bitching and moaning of the crybaby SCum fans? Who would want to deal with an unknown AD? Who would want to take a chance on the new SCum president who appears to be a clueless Ivy Leaguer who has no interest in athletics?

I say Harbaugh looks at the sewer that is UM football and the hassle of recruiting and damaging his reputation if things that don't work-out and say's to hell with SCum and stays in the NFL.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-19, 16:22

steveschneider wrote:

I actually think he'd get them back to 10 wins. No way he would fail to develop a qb like Hoke and Rich Rod did.

Like the way he developed kaepernick?

I know luck is your counterpoint but is he really known as a qb developer? I think it's gonna take a long time to get a power run game established with that flimsy OL and in the mean time I don't think they have the talent to sustain winning seasons on the roster. It would be interesting to say the least if he gets $6 million a year and didn't hit 10 wins until year 4
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 16:28

Ass Dan wrote:

I know luck is your counterpoint but is he really known as a qb developer? I think it's gonna take a long time to get a power run game established with that flimsy OL and in the mean time I don't think they have the talent to sustain winning seasons on the roster. It would be interesting to say the least if he gets $6 million a year and didn't hit 10 wins until year 4

UofM QBs have stunk, and I don't think it can get much worse. All he'd need at that school is a mediocre qb that can be a pocket passer.

Shane MOrrison is too much of a pussy to be a big time qb, but I bet he could bring in a decent QB to get the job done.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-12-19, 16:32

Ass Dan wrote:

I would respond to you that Luck was a unique case. With a very intelligent (though maybe not physically gifted) NFL QB for a father, Luck did not need a whole lot of added coaching to achieve in college.

I also have to think Oakland looks like the French Riviera compared to the cesspool in AA, and the pay should be comparable.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-19, 16:42

steveschneider wrote:

At minimum, a halfway decent coaching staff would have meant 8 wins last year. If they can find a QB, it won't be that difficult to win games.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-19, 16:52

A guy that volatile... It would take 2, maybe even just 1 year of ugly losses to MSU, OSU, and any other decent B1G team before the questions started coming and he went Pompeii. I say bring him on.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-19, 17:00

Rocinante wrote:A guy that volatile... It would take 2, maybe even just 1 year of ugly losses to MSU, OSU, and any other decent B1G team before the questions started coming and he went Pompeii. I say bring him on.

I don't think he's a people person, and there are a lot more people in college to deal with.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-19, 17:03

Irrelevant. He's going to be the Raiders coach come the first or second week in January and the fan/blue wall meltdown will be epic.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 17:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Irrelevant. He's going to be the Raiders coach come the first or second week in January and the fan/blue wall meltdown will be epic.

I have learned not to doubt you when it comes to calls like this. LOL

I agree...lets face it A2 has nothing on the Bay Area but the big question is would the niners release Harbaugh to a rival? They may be happy to see him go back to college, and the way the owners hate him they may be see happy to see him take a crappy job in A2.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-19, 17:29

steveschneider wrote:

I have learned not to doubt you when it comes to calls like this. LOL

I agree...lets face it A2 has nothing on the Bay Area but the big question is would the niners release Harbaugh to a rival? They may be happy to see him go back to college, and the way the owners hate him they may be see happy to see him take a crappy job in A2.

I don't really think they think of Oakland as a rival. They share the same geographical space, but that also may be temporary. Opposite conferences, don't have to play each other but once every 7 years, not successful, the list goes on.

They also want to get compensation for him, if possible.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-19, 17:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't really think they think of Oakland as a rival. They share the same geographical space, but that also may be temporary. Opposite conferences, don't have to play each other but once every 7 years, not successful, the list goes on.

They also want to get compensation for him, if possible.

The last estimate I saw for this was a 3rd or 4th rounder, so some value at least for a coach you're going lose/fire anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 19:14

My stance still stands that if the Oakland deal doesn't work out I think he goes to Michigan.

I do have a question though, what if SF decides to say you are under contract and we are keeping him. Does he have an option out?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 19:15

Also, I'm holding firm I will not click on a Detroit paper until this deal is done. I can't handle anymore Harbaugh slurping on the sports pages. Mark Snyder is a joke.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-19, 19:49

I think the possibility is real - maybe 50% I say. It all comes down to what is in his mind - which no one seems to really know.
Pellini was happy to go to Youngstown and the UW coach went to Oregon State.
I have a feeling since Harbough tends to piss everyone off his act might go over better in AA. UM fans are not going to care in year one because it is not his fault. His toxic reputation might allow him to attract better assistants than NFL caliber guys that don't want to put up with his crap
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-19, 20:47

Plus all uofm fans are assholes, so he'd fit right in
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-12-19, 20:56

steveschneider wrote:Also, I'm holding firm I will not click on a Detroit paper until this deal is done. I can't handle anymore Harbaugh slurping on the sports pages. Mark Snyder is a joke.
They had 3-4 times a week happy horseshit articles on a kid who hadn't played a college down for 6 months leading up to the season.  I can't even guess how insufferable it would be if Harbaugh actually comes.

I'm not worried that he'll have success outside of the "quick" turnaround before he Doug Collins' his way out of town, but damn the press coverage would be brutal.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 00:30

I agree that shit is going to be insufferable if he goes there. I may just have to move until Big Ten season starts every year and everyone starts to realize that they still suck shit through a straw.

But again, irrelevant. I don't think it's a real possibility at this point. I do believe "family" (i.e Jack) and friends (i.e. famous ex football player alums) are "encouraging" him to take the job. I do believe he's "considering" it, in that he knows it's not what he wants at this time but it has a certain "crazy ex" nostalgic charm to it.

The reality of it, imo, is he and his agents are playing the game. Messiah Jimmy ain't going to commit to anything before he has all of his options on the table, and when he does, he's going to pick the NFL situation that suits his needs the best (i.e. Oakland) and use his "interest" in pursuing "other opportunities" (i.e. Michigan) as a vehicle to get him exactly what he wants in terms of job, control, and fundage.

In the past weeks, NFL types like Clayton, Schefter, etc have been poo-poohing the UM interest and now suddenly Schefter and others are reporting he's "considering" it. Where do you think that comes from? It doesn't benefit Michigan for the Jesus camp to indicate they are "considering" it. It benefits Harabaugh.

I can't think of a single reason why it would make sense for Harbs to flat out turn them down right now. Does he know for sure that he doesn't want anything to do with the job? No, of course not. He wants to keep it on the table as his 4th or 5th option because it does hold a special place in his heart.

I mean jesus it's basic business sense. Lame irrelevant personal anecdote.

14 months ago or so I was informed by my super weird company at the time that had shut my division down but kept me on to do all kinds of weird shit that - hey, we can no longer justify keeping you on payroll after December. Ok. So I hit the pavement hard. Within a couple of weeks I had serious interest from a job I could have easily done, would have paid me well, and I liked the people. But it wasn't exactly what I wanted at that time. In fact, I got a nice fat offer on the day my daughter was born (2 years ago yesterday) while in the recovery room via email.

I didn't tell those folks that I was working other channels and they were my backup plan. I faked the fuck out of them that they were my top choice until the offer I really wanted came through about 10 days later. It felt a little dirty but all is fair in love and war and job hunting.

I'm drunk because I haven't eaten since 1 PM and then I went out with my wife and then she gave me pity sex and now I'm drinking but what I just posted is so fucking true.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-20, 00:37

Yeah but what is he 45? Bouncing around the NFL will still be available for 20 more years. I could see him giving it the old college try.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-20, 00:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I agree that shit is going to be insufferable if he goes there. I may just have to move until Big Ten season starts every year and everyone starts to realize that they still suck shit through a straw.

But again, irrelevant. I don't think it's a real possibility at this point. I do believe "family" (i.e Jack) and friends (i.e. famous ex football player alums) are "encouraging" him to take the job. I do believe he's "considering" it, in that he knows it's not what he wants at this time but it has a certain "crazy ex" nostalgic charm to it.

The reality of it, imo, is he and his agents are playing the game. Messiah Jimmy ain't going to commit to anything before he has all of his options on the table, and when he does, he's going to pick the NFL situation that suits his needs the best (i.e. Oakland) and use his "interest" in pursuing "other opportunities" (i.e. Michigan) as a vehicle to get him exactly what he wants in terms of job, control, and fundage.

In the past weeks, NFL types like Clayton, Schefter, etc have been poo-poohing the UM interest and now suddenly Schefter and others are reporting he's "considering" it. Where do you think that comes from? It doesn't benefit Michigan for the Jesus camp to indicate they are "considering" it. It benefits Harabaugh.

I can't think of a single reason why it would make sense for Harbs to flat out turn them down right now. Does he know for sure that he doesn't want anything to do with the job? No, of course not. He wants to keep it on the table as his 4th or 5th option because it does hold a special place in his heart.

I mean jesus it's basic business sense. Lame irrelevant personal anecdote.

14 months ago or so I was informed by my super weird company at the time that had shut my division down but kept me on to do all kinds of weird shit that - hey, we can no longer justify keeping you on payroll after December. Ok. So I hit the pavement hard. Within a couple of weeks I had serious interest from a job I could have easily done, would have paid me well, and I liked the people. But it wasn't exactly what I wanted at that time. In fact, I got a nice fat offer on the day my daughter was born (2 years ago yesterday) while in the recovery room via email.

I didn't tell those folks that I was working other channels and they were my backup plan. I faked the fuck out of them that they were my top choice until the offer I really wanted came through about 10 days later. It felt a little dirty but all is fair in love and war and job hunting.

I'm drunk because I haven't eaten since 1 PM and then I went out with my wife and then she gave me pity sex and now I'm drinking but what I just posted is so fucking true.

I love you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 00:43

He wants a Super Bowl. That's what drives him. He won't give up on that to go back and give it the ol' college try unless those options to achieve that goal are terrible. And even then....he built the 49ers from a 5 win team into the perennial contender that they have been. His ego is going to tell him he can do it from the bottom up again.

This is a driving force for him. OCD guys like Harbs don't just give up on their singular focus because Bo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-20, 01:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Irrelevant. He's going to be the Raiders coach come the first or second week in January and the fan/blue wall meltdown will be epic.
Exactly.  He and his wife want to stay in the bay area.  Oakland is needy and will be perfect. The players might hate him but the fans will love him for it

Last edited by The Pantry on 2014-12-20, 02:16; edited 1 time in total
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-20, 01:35

scummers are pre'ing their pants over this
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-20, 02:08

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

scummers are pre'ing their pants over this
Holy shit that's pathetic. I have some siblings that are um alums. They are obviously rooting for Jimmy to come home, but at the same time they make the distinction between themselves and what they refer to as "the cult of Bo." They hate this return to glory shit as realistic alumni. Which makes it that much more hilarious in a way... That they can't stop the freak walmarters from being freak walmarters.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-12-20, 11:40

I really don't see Harbaugh taking the job. Sure I'd be a little "worried", because I do think he would make a difference eventually at UM. But come on, he doesn't want to deal with the bull shit that is going on there. And now the whole world gets to see how much he is "worth" and will make it rain in the NFL.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-20, 12:01

I don't know. Harbaugh seems unlikely to land in AA. Even if he does, I don't think it really changes that much for MSU. It will take Harbaugh a couple more years of recruiting to turn that mess around. In the meantime, MSU's stock is rising on a national level and the high profile bowl appearances are giving us more exposure which can only help us. Kids who were 8-10 years old when we started stomping on SCum won't have all the warm and fuzzies that give SCum the instant recruiting advantage they used to have. I think a couple more years of competitive football with OSU, stomping on SCum, winning BIG championships, and winning high profile bowl games combined with kids that never saw SCum as a winning program in their lifetime will help MSU maintain it's position. That is, as long as Dantonio's replacement continues the trend and the administration remains friendly to the athletic program.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-20, 12:23

Code_Warrior wrote:I don't know. Harbaugh seems unlikely to land in AA. Even if he does, I don't think it really changes that much for MSU. It will take Harbaugh a couple more years of recruiting to turn that mess around. In the meantime, MSU's stock is rising on a national level and the high profile bowl appearances are giving us more exposure which can only help us. Kids who were 8-10 years old when we started stomping on SCum won't have all the warm and fuzzies that give SCum the instant recruiting advantage they used to have. I think a couple more years of competitive football with OSU, stomping on SCum, winning BIG championships, and winning high profile bowl games combined with kids that never saw SCum as a winning program in their lifetime will help MSU maintain it's position. That is, as long as Dantonio's replacement continues the trend and the administration remains friendly to the athletic program.

The media is going to deepthroat the fuck out of scum if this happens though. Nothing will be positive MSU, it will all talk about how our time is over and recruits would be stupid not to go to scum. Same with coaches that grew up scum fans
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-20, 12:26

Hell, just saw some article that he's accepting on the 30th barring any last second changes with quotes from jh of

Can't wait to get back and "beat some buckeye ass"
and "we're getting the gang back together on a mission from bo"

Gtfo
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-20, 12:37

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

The media is going to deepthroat the fuck out of scum if this happens though. Nothing will be positive MSU, it will all talk about how our time is over and recruits would be stupid not to go to scum.  Same with coaches that grew up scum fans
I think that'll be true in the Metro Detroit area for sure, but I'm not sure it will be outside of that bubble - especially in Ohio or down South.  On the other hand, ESPN would probably push that narrative.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down