Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football season ticket discussion thread

+24
Robert J Sakimano
PinkyTuscadero
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
Tankster
Dendrobates
Molon Labe
Giant Moose
MSU Mathguy
MJ
Spartan G. Thug
EdMartinsLoan
CrazySparty
DWags
SeeRockCity
SpartanGuard
WBill
Snake Plissken
MSULordyoda
Other Teams Pursuing That
tritongreen
Spartan Punk
Bizarro Fletch
Wally Fairway
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Football season ticket discussion thread Empty Football season ticket discussion thread

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-04-28, 14:48

So this is the week that prior year season ticket holders have to renew, or lose the seats.

I will be renewing, for the 18th consecutive years, and looking forward to a much better schedule of home games that the past 2 seasons.

Discuss your ticket positions & here is my personal worry about tickets.

I am getting concerned about the potential that in some near future year the Athletic Department will reseat Spartan Stadium, the same as they have done with the Breslin Center. IMO - the optional seat adjustment process that has been in place for a couple of years is a test run for how they would allow the reseating of the stadium. And while the optional adjustment is a very flawed method, I think it has given the ticket office and the Hollis' staff the information they need. Methinks one more year like last year and we will see it.

My concern is that I don't have very many points, for having 18 years of season tickets. Until 2 years ago, there was no requirement to pay a seat license, we don't have basketball season tickets and until recently we couldn't really tailgate very often (due to conflicts with kids schedules) so we didn't buy parking passes .... so we donated to the University and not to the Ralph Young (now Spartan Fund). So going into this year I have under 80 points and rank about 50% in the Spartan Fund.

Like many I don't really want to change seats - I like "my" seats, but I think that I'd lose them in a points driven adjustment. They used to be called family plan, and were actually about 20-25% less than full ticket renewal prices for probably 15 years and now the $25/seat charge is maybe the best deal around. The seats are fairly low in the north endzone - so looking right at the Ginormitron, and we like that the band & Sparty come our of "our" endzone, although we do get stuck listening to the visiting band and we rarely see the cheerleaders up north.

So would you swap seats, given the opportunity - and remember if you want those 50 yard line seats you also have to pay the 50 yard line seat fee?

Note: has Triton been invited to the board? I know some dislike him, but he is a good dude, with great information.
This is my attempt at a Spartan sports thread, in the middle of the OT.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Football season ticket discussion thread Empty Re: Football season ticket discussion thread

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-04-28, 15:05

Shit - thanks for the reminder!
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Football season ticket discussion thread Empty Re: Football season ticket discussion thread

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-04-28, 15:06

I still have a chuckle about all of those "DE's" that didn't renew their tickets after 2012 in protest. Whoops!  lol! 
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Punk 2014-04-28, 15:14

Wally Fairway wrote:So this is the week that prior year season ticket holders have to renew, or lose the seats.

I will be renewing, for the 18th consecutive years, and looking forward to a much better schedule of home games that the past 2 seasons.

I am getting concerned about the potential that in some near future year the Athletic Department will reseat Spartan Stadium, the same as they have done with the Breslin Center. IMO - the optional seat adjustment process that has been in place for a couple of years is a test run for how they would allow the reseating of the stadium. And while the optional adjustment is a very flawed method, I think it has given the ticket office and the Hollis' staff the information they need. Methinks one more year like last year and we will see it.

My concern is that I don't have very many points, for having 18 years of season tickets. Until 2 years ago, there was no requirement to pay a seat license, we don't have basketball season tickets and until recently we couldn't really tailgate very often (due to conflicts with kids schedules) so we didn't buy parking passes .... so we donated to the University and not to the Ralph Young (now Spartan Fund). So going into this year I have under 80 points and rank about 50% in the Spartan Fund.

Like many I don't really want to change seats - I like "my" seats, but I think that I'd lose them in a points driven adjustment. They used to be called family plan, and were actually about 20-25% less than full ticket renewal prices for probably 15 years and now the $25/seat charge is maybe the best deal around. The seats are fairly low in the north endzone - so looking right at the Ginormitron, and we like that the band & Sparty come our of "our" endzone, although we do get stuck listening to the visiting band and we rarely see the cheerleaders up north.

So would you swap seats, given the opportunity - and remember if you want those 50 yard line seats you also have to pay the 50 yard line seat fee?

Note: has Triton been invited to the board? I know some dislike him, but he is a good dude, with great information.
My friends and I have our tickets in the south end zone, right next to the student section and the band, section 15, row 30ish. Would not swap seats to the 50 yard line. Love having the band and students right next to us.
Spartan Punk
Spartan Punk
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tritongreen 2014-04-28, 15:24

Thanks for the invite Wally...just joined. Regarding this topic, it could certainly happen. We have done it with a few teams. TCU, Cal and Miss St have reseated in the past couple of years. MSU would be a lot bigger deal and piss off a lot of people as our tradition and people who have had the same seats is a lot more extensive than those schools.

Also dont forget to pay your donations if you have the extra money right now. They are not due until June 30 but it helps your points for both football and basketball.
tritongreen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-28, 15:58

Just purchased my student tickets recently, $175 out the door.  Football season ticket discussion thread 3493939353 

Hopefully going to make my way to Oregon for a nice, long road trip.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSULordyoda 2014-04-28, 16:02

Spartan Punk wrote:
My friends and I have our tickets in the south end zone, right next to the student section and the band, section 15, row 30ish. Would not swap seats to the 50 yard line. Love having the band and students right next to us.

Damn, you're not too far from me then. I'm in Section 16 at about the same level. I too don't plan on swapping seats anytime soon. The day I do will be when I can't find enough friends to come to all the games.
MSULordyoda
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-28, 16:28

Renewed last week and added a seat
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-04-28, 16:41

Had seats under the east overhang for years. Two years ago when the seat swap became available moved down 30 rows. Great seats for nice weather but after repeated pelting with rain in half the home games last year, thinking about moving back up if the seat swap allows.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-04-28, 17:00

This will be my 2nd year with tickets. We sat in Sec. 18 last year, which was nice but a little hard to see the action farther down the field (and, being band alums, it's a little hard to hear at halftime--but great during Pregame!). We're going to see if we can get seats in the front upper deck this year, but if not, we'll keep ours. The only real downside is this annoying lady two rows back who spent half the season shouting "COOKIEEEEE!!! THROW THE BALL, COOKIE!"
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-04-29, 16:22

bumped - cuz I pulled the trigger & paids my moneys (but will pay my donate next month)

looking forward to another undefeated season @ Spartan Stadium; a B1G championship; playing in the first BCS (yeah I know that isn't the name) playoffs & getting tickets to playoff games from the "other" school.

Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-29, 16:24

Bizarro Fletch wrote:I still have a chuckle about all of those "DE's" that didn't renew their tickets after 2012 in protest.  Whoops!  lol! 

Good Lord,

We need to get that "For the first time in 40 years I'm done" thread over here somehow.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-05-21, 11:52

So I can participate in the OSAP (optional seat adjustment process) this Sunday afternoon; not that I want to change seats.

But if I did, really?
Sunday afternoon on a holiday weekend and I can sit a my computer/tablet/phone and see if there are better seats that I want. And what if someone adjusts their seats before me and then they decide that they want MY awesome seats, or if someone else opens up even more awesome seats but after I adjust - the timing and process for OSAP seems pretty out of kilter.

Also - footnote to self: you need to payup the mandatory donation (seat license) before June 30!
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-21, 11:59

Bizarro Fletch wrote:I still have a chuckle about all of those "DE's" that didn't renew their tickets after 2012 in protest.  Whoops!  lol! 

Oh, they'll say; "I was just joking, I still have my seats". Whatever. It's very easy being a DE. Bitch when we lose, enjoy the victory when we win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 12:53

Wally Fairway wrote:

CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 12:53

The 2012 home schedule had Boise State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Nebraska, and Northwestern. What in God's name about that slate is weak?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-05-21, 13:08

Wally Fairway wrote:So I can participate in the OSAP (optional seat adjustment process) this Sunday afternoon; not that I want to change seats.

The slot I was given is "Friday May 30 5:24pm until May 30."  Football season ticket discussion thread 502811600 Not sure how to interpret that, but I'm guessing it means I have less than 7 hours to decide. Ok.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-06-19, 16:12

Made my annual "donation" to the Spartan Fund today - reminder to all, the due date is June 30....if it is related to your season tickets for football.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMartinsLoan 2014-06-19, 17:07

Remember, points matter.  Football season ticket discussion thread 3836498553 
EdMartinsLoan
EdMartinsLoan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan G. Thug 2014-06-19, 17:49

Wally Fairway wrote:Made my annual "donation" to the Spartan Fund today - reminder to all, the due date is June 30....if it is related to your season tickets for football.

Do you recall how it worked for Rose Bowl tix? I don't need season tix to spartan home games, but would be interested in giving to spartan fund if that gave me access to bowl game tickets.
Spartan G. Thug
Spartan G. Thug
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-06-19, 18:17

MSULordyoda wrote:

Damn, you're not too far from me then.  I'm in Section 16 at about the same level.  I too don't plan on swapping seats anytime soon.  The day I do will be when I can't find enough friends to come to all the games.

Section 16 Row 32 Football season ticket discussion thread 969504605 
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU Mathguy 2014-06-19, 19:21

Sec 8 row 60. I've had these seats 10 years, season tickets for over 30. Went to the Rose Bowl 88 and 2014. Go Green!  Football season ticket discussion thread 3493939353 
MSU Mathguy
MSU Mathguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-07-31, 13:30

Bump - reminder that you have until August 1 to renew your volleyball season tickets

(for the points - like everyone else who gets these season tickets & never goes to a game, or match)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-31, 13:34

Have they been mailed out yet? Anyone have a scan? Hoping they have a good design this year.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Molon Labe 2014-07-31, 14:36

Giant Moose wrote:Have they been mailed out yet? Anyone have a scan? Hoping they have a good design this year.

I got the email last night that they have been shipped.
Molon Labe
Molon Labe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-08-01, 14:20

Since I recently bought season tickets, and haven't done it since 1 year post graduation, I'm not sure of what else I need to do. Mainly when I said I was a donor, but haven't donated yet. I know my seats were based on what I selected for donors. Do I just randomly donate to anything? Call a specific number? When do tickets get mailed? Anyone help a newbie out? TIA
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-08-01, 14:28

Dendrobates wrote:Since I recently bought season tickets, and haven't done it since 1 year post graduation, I'm not sure of what else I need to do. Mainly when I said I was a donor, but haven't donated yet. I know my seats were based on what I selected for donors. Do I just randomly donate to anything? Call a specific number? When do tickets get mailed? Anyone help a newbie out? TIA

I received a letter about a week ago thanking me for my donation to the Spartan Fund, and then an e-mail a few days ago saying my tickets were in the mail, and I know other season-ticket holders received that e-mail as well. If you haven't received such an e-mail, you might want to call the Spartan Ticket Office just to make sure.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tankster 2014-08-01, 14:35

Dendrobates wrote:Since I recently bought season tickets, and haven't done it since 1 year post graduation, I'm not sure of what else I need to do. Mainly when I said I was a donor, but haven't donated yet. I know my seats were based on what I selected for donors. Do I just randomly donate to anything? Call a specific number? When do tickets get mailed? Anyone help a newbie out? TIA

Tickets are being mailed now.  

Scholarship seating is based on which zone your seats are in.
Seating chart
Tankster
Tankster
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-08-01, 14:59

CrazySparty wrote:

I received a letter about a week ago thanking me for my donation to the Spartan Fund, and then an e-mail a few days ago saying my tickets were in the mail, and I know other season-ticket holders received that e-mail as well. If you haven't received such an e-mail, you might want to call the Spartan Ticket Office just to make sure.

Ok I have not received that email, so I need to call the ticket office then.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-08-02, 20:58

Tix look pretty cool this year.

Football season ticket discussion thread 2995785
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-08-03, 16:46

Dendrobates wrote:

Ok I have not received that email, so I need to call the ticket office then.
We never get the email yet the tickets always arrive  Football season ticket discussion thread 2599972566 
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-08-04, 14:30

Wooo...tickets arrived today!!!
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-04, 14:46

If anyone has unused tickets to dump, I am available to take them off your hands.

(Me thinks this way of getting to a couple games will be more difficult this season.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-08-04, 16:00

Got ours today too. The excitement train is rolling!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkyTuscadero 2014-08-04, 18:05

Snake Plissken wrote:Wooo...tickets arrived today!!!
 Football season ticket discussion thread 137731615 
PinkyTuscadero
PinkyTuscadero
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-08-05, 15:00

I called the Ticket Office, turns out my donation was included in the total ticket price, and I did not know that. I was told they were on their way in the mail. I want them now!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-08-05, 15:11

Snake Plissken wrote:Wooo...tickets arrived today!!!

Football season ticket discussion thread 969504605 
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-05, 15:12

I still haven't gotten mine in the mail yet..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-08-05, 16:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I still haven't gotten mine in the mail yet..

Football season ticket discussion thread 4113017228 Bob, I hate to be the one to have to tell you this - but you have to actually order tickets & then pay for them BEFORE you can get them in the mail.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-05, 16:50

Wally Fairway wrote:

Football season ticket discussion thread 4113017228 Bob, I hate to be the one to have to tell you this - but you have to actually order tickets & then pay for them BEFORE you can get them in the mail.
What if he checks someone else's mailbox? Sure, its a felony, but that would follow the description of finding tickets in the mail.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next