Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements....

+23
Rocinante
Snake Plissken
Throwback702
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Ned Stark
Youngblood 96
TravelinMan
tig ol bitties
Phil McCrackin
SeeRockCity
MiamiSpartan
tanfan!
Wally Fairway
JEK
Cosmo_Kramer
MSUgöat
Heat Miser
LoneWolfSparty
Danny Tanner
Robert J Sakimano
Bizarro Fletch
ancientspartan
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... Empty Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements....

Post by ancientspartan 4/29/2014, 6:35 am

One of the features I truly miss from the "old" board is seeing a preview of the first few lines of the post before having to open it.  Would love to see that here since clearly, most of the "prime time" posters have moved to this board.
ancientspartan
ancientspartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... Empty Re: Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements....

Post by Bizarro Fletch 4/29/2014, 9:19 am

Agree.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... Empty Re: Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements....

Post by Robert J Sakimano 4/29/2014, 9:25 am

that was the most technologically-advanced feature of the old board.. you could tell they really spent a lot of time perfecting it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner 4/29/2014, 9:29 am

And because I usually know the premise of ghost's topics within the first few words of the post so then I don't have read the rest.
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 4/29/2014, 9:36 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:that was the most technologically-advanced feature of the old board.. you could tell they really spent a lot of time perfecting it.

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 502811600

Bob I missed you!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 4/29/2014, 9:41 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 502811600

Bob I missed you!
 Wink 

if you miss 1997, I suggest you spend some time at tRCMB..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 4/29/2014, 9:46 am

There is an icon to the right of each thread title. Click it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 4/29/2014, 9:49 am

Heat Miser wrote:There is an icon to the right of each thread title. Click it.
oohh.. the "preview topic" icon.. nice work, dude.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat 4/29/2014, 10:27 am

So, that's what that thing does.
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 4/29/2014, 10:43 am

That extra click is a little too much work for me.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 4/29/2014, 10:44 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

shit, I agree with Fletch...
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 4/29/2014, 11:26 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:
Bizarro Fletch wrote:

shit, I agree with Fletch...

Advantages of the click:

1. You get to see the entire OP, including images.
2. Works on tablets when viewing the desktop version.
3. There's an "Easter egg" in there.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 4/29/2014, 11:30 am

Brilliant.

Now, can we work on a Blanch-to-English translator?
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 4/29/2014, 11:32 am

or how about a scrolling forum post tracker, so I don't even have to open 99% of the threads?
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 4/29/2014, 11:39 am

Danny Tanner wrote:And because I usually know the premise of ghost's topics within the first few words of the post so then I don't have read the rest.

Shots fired was one of the funniest ghost threads evah. He's standing in front of a wondow and one of his cats is sitting on the sill looking out. Ghost walks up and you here a loud CRACK! It sounds just like a gun went off in the alley. That cat jumps from the sound.

So many people fell for it. It was a fart that ghost blasted in perfect timing. I laughed my ass off.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 4/29/2014, 11:39 am

Wally Fairway wrote:or how about a scrolling forum post tracker, so I don't even have to open 99% of the threads?

You mean "View posts since last visit • View your posts • View unanswered posts"? That's on the forum index page.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 4/29/2014, 11:40 am

Danny Tanner wrote:And because I usually know the premise of ghost's topics within the first few words of the post so then I don't have read the rest.

Shots fired was one of the funniest ghost threads evah. He's standing in front of a wondow and one of his cats is sitting on the sill looking out. Ghost walks up and you here a loud CRACK! It sounds just like a gun went off in the alley. That cat jumps from the sound.

So many people fell for it. It was a fart that ghost blasted in perfect timing. I laughed my ass off.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 4/29/2014, 11:40 am

Heat Miser wrote:
3. There's an "Easter egg" in there.
Is it the ability to vote on the thread? That's the only place I see the +/- any more, I think. Not that I ever use it, but the preview is where I notice it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... Empty This preview feature is nice, but

Post by ancientspartan 4/29/2014, 4:58 pm

I still think the cursor over the op which gives a preview without having to actually open the whole post in a preview window is good but I still like the "pop up" of a preview on the mouse/cursor over.  Maybe like another poster, I am just too lazy or old. Wink

...and how does one close the preview window?  I must be missing something since I can't figure out how to close the preview window that pops up and return to the forum.
ancientspartan
ancientspartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 4/29/2014, 5:18 pm

ancientspartan wrote:
I still think the cursor over the op which gives a preview without having to actually open the whole post in a preview window is good but I still like the "pop up" of a preview on the mouse/cursor over.  Maybe like another poster, I am just too lazy or old. Wink

...and how does one close the preview window?  I must be missing something since I can't figure out how to close the preview window that pops up and return to the forum.

Just click anywhere outside of the preview window.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 4/29/2014, 6:07 pm

Please, turn it off. It's terrible.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 4/29/2014, 6:24 pm

The new implementation is 10000x worse than it was before.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 4/29/2014, 6:25 pm

Ow! My eyes. Seizures....
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 4/29/2014, 6:25 pm

Please undo what ever you did.  Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 1550444538 
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 4/29/2014, 6:26 pm

Teach you people a lesson!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 4/29/2014, 6:27 pm

OK, that was terrible. However....  Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 969504605 for the attempt. Less than 12 hours after initial request and new features are being implemented? My 247 brain can't even comprehend!  Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 1550444538 Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 3493939353 
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark 4/29/2014, 7:36 pm

Well, I almost just threw up from my screen flashing like crazy. But I appreciate the effort!  Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 55953254 
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 4/30/2014, 12:09 am

Happy now ya twats!?!?!?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 4/30/2014, 12:11 am

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 502811600 Miser is a god damn magician out here!  Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 1486952199 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 4/30/2014, 12:18 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 502811600 Miser is a god damn magician out here!  Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 1486952199 

Yep.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 4/30/2014, 12:43 am

It's great in theory, and Miser is a magician....but it's kinda obnoxious the way it's implemented now. I don't really know how it should be implemented, but if you hover over for a second (chrome) and then try to click on the thread title, you're blocked by the hover window.

Sincerely,

-Ungrateful bastard
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 4/30/2014, 12:51 am

It's acting nuts on mobile now, at least for me.  Very very touchy to the point where it's unusable.  I'm running kitkat.  The only other site  that does this for me is buzzfeed if that helps.  Great job getting this thing up and running tho.  Not bashing it by any means just making observations (this last sentence underscores how gun shy we've all become since the 24/7 overlords turned us all into sheep)
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark 4/30/2014, 12:52 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's great in theory, and Miser is a magician....but it's kinda obnoxious the way it's implemented now. I don't really know how it should be implemented, but if you hover over for a second (chrome) and then try to click on the thread title, you're blocked by the hover window.

Sincerely,

-Ungrateful bastard

Yeah....I have to agree with this. I feel bad because I'm sure it took some hard work to get it working...
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 4/30/2014, 1:32 am

anyone else having crazy shit happening tonight on tSwill?

you guys hire the 24/7 programmers tonight?
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 4/30/2014, 7:20 am

tig ol bitties wrote:anyone else having crazy shit happening tonight on tSwill?

you guys hire the 24/7 programmers tonight?
 Suspect 
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 4/30/2014, 8:39 am

Heat Miser wrote:Happy now ya twats!?!?!?
I like it (firefox browser) - but you really are asking for trouble with your query.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 4/30/2014, 8:55 am

Heat Miser wrote:Happy now ya twats!?!?!?

meh.

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 2599972566 

Cursor-over topic preview & other enhancements.... 1567726941
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 4/30/2014, 8:56 am

Hover over working now! Great work Heat.

However, can you work on hiding threads started by foes? I have no interest in anything Blanch has to type.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2014, 8:57 am

Phil McCrackin wrote:Please, turn it off. It's terrible.

Second.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 4/30/2014, 9:00 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Second.

I think he needs to tweak the delay. You should have to hover for more than say 2 or 3 seconds before it pops up.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next