Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night?

2 posters

Go down

Monday or Saturday

CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night? Vote_lcap0%CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night? Vote_lcap100%CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]
CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night? Vote_lcap0%CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Poll CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night?

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:39 am

With the amount of commercials, replay reviews and other stoppages the game is probably going to run to 12:30AM EST.  

Should ESPN move the game to Saturday night and the tell the NFL to work around it? Laugh if you want, but having put up $7 billion for the CFP, I'm guessing that ESPN has the power to move it to whatever night they want.

ESPN would probably get a lot more mileage out of their pre-game coverage by having it Saturday instead of Sunday.  I know they're probably worried about fewer people staying home and watching on Saturday night, but I think it's just as likely that people aren't going to watch it on Monday because of how long the game is going to run.

Let me hear your arguments.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: CFP: Should it be Saturday night or Monday night?

Post by NigelUno Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 am

ESPN isn't going to tell the NFL to work around the game, and they don't need to.

I wish it was on Saturday though. Maybe if they delayed it another week, it could work.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/07/bcs-national-championship-cables-third-largest-audience-ever/227444/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down