Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread

+9
The_Dude
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
Heat Miser
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Chitown_Badger
I.B. Fine
13 posters

Go down

tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread Empty tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread

Post by Guest 2015-01-12, 16:47

tOSU wins by 10.

Some reading for you prior to the game:

Forty football seasons ago, Daugherty proposed a four-team playoff selected by a “blue-ribbon panel” of 10 football coaches and athletic directors. He suggested utilizing the four major bowl stadiums of the 1970s -- the Rose, Orange, Sugar and Cotton – as semifinals and championship sites on a rotating basis.

In other words, just about exactly the plan that is in place.

http://shanahan.report/a/duffy-spelled-out-national-playoff-in-his-1974-book
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread Empty Re: tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-01-12, 16:52

SEC delusion  tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread 502811600
"The SEC may not win the national championship Monday night for a second straight year, at least not technically, but there is a way for the league to claim a mythical share of another big ring.

Cheer for Ohio State."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/still_one_way_for_the_sec_to_c.html
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread Empty Re: tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread

Post by Chitown_Badger 2015-01-12, 17:20

I cannot root for OSU in this one. I'm ok with them taking out Bama because fuck the SEC, but they'll be even more repulsive if they win tonight.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-01-12, 17:26

41 - 38 Oregon.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-01-12, 18:09

Chitown_Badger wrote:I cannot root for OSU in this one. I'm ok with them taking out Bama because fuck the SEC, but they'll be even more repulsive if they win tonight.

This

Go ducks

Plus they have one of our former spartans
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-01-12, 18:18

I.B. Fine wrote:SEC delusion  tOSU vs Oregon - National Championship game thread 502811600
"The SEC may not win the national championship Monday night for a second straight year, at least not technically, but there is a way for the league to claim a mythical share of another big ring.

Cheer for Ohio State."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/still_one_way_for_the_sec_to_c.html

Well that's fucking stupid & I'll never get that 3 minutes of my life back.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-01-12, 18:47

Heat Miser wrote:

Well that's fucking stupid & I'll never get that 3 minutes of my life back.

Funny how he neglects to mention that Saban learned to coach in the B1G Ten so his NC's belong to us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-12, 18:59

I think the Ducks are going to roll big. Can see 60+. The Bucks think they are all that but they aint never seen anything like this.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-12, 20:06

OSU wins outright. Oregon has no answer against physical defenses. At least ones that know their pass coverage assignments.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-12, 20:17

They have all kinds of answers. They have a great Oline and best qb in the nation. They will torch OSU with their 3rd option even if OSU can stop the first two. This is the culmination of all of Oregon football over the last 10+ years to expose all these fallacies
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-01-12, 20:29

The chick from Lady Antebellum has chunked out a bit
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-12, 20:39

I'm rooting for Oregon too. B1G already got the respect it needs.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-12, 20:48

Game Chat! Nerds!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-01-12, 20:57

The_Dude wrote:I'm rooting for Oregon too. B1G already got the respect it needs.
Let your OSU hate go, AA grasshopper.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-01-12, 21:01

Check out ESPN2. Duzzi dropping knowledge.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-01-12, 21:02

I'm going to chat, fuck you guys. Gonna talk to myself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-12, 21:11

I hate all things Ohio. Oregon has hot cheerleaders.
Seems simple: root for asteroid followed by Ducks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-12, 21:19

The Pantry wrote:Let your OSU hate go, AA grasshopper.

Why would you root for OSU?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-01-12, 21:25

The_Dude wrote:

Why would you root for OSU?
Why do you root for UM?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-01-12, 21:29

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 2m2 minutes ago

Well that's insane. RT @CFBHeather: First time since 2009 that Oregon will punt 3 times in the 1Q, per @ESPNStatsInfo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-12, 21:45

Crazy game
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-12, 22:00

Herbie Green wrote:Crazy game

Not really.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-13, 00:01

Ballgame bitches. Oregon no answers for OSU on either side of the ball. Not a one.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-01-13, 01:01

I can't say that I'm happy that OSU won, but really I guess it didn't matter at all. We play both teams next year and will have our chance against the defending champs and the runner up.

Really, the only kick to the nuts part is that the way this playoff played out really makes me wish there was a playoff last year. We have bad timing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-01-13, 01:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I can't say that I'm happy that OSU won, but really I guess it didn't matter at all. We play both teams next year and will have our chance against the defending champs and the runner up.

Really, the only kick to the nuts part is that the way this playoff played out really makes me wish there was a playoff last year. We have bad timing.

Only thing i can think is that it moves up the players O$U will get nationally, making room for us to get more from Ohio
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-01-13, 02:42

The ESPN post game is still cracking me up. All of them saying 'Marioto' instead of Mariota. You'd think the guy would get more respect after winning the Heisman.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-01-13, 03:20

Man I was way off.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down