Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament?

+29
beal99
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
LoneWolfSparty
HT
duffy munn
The Pantry
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Bizarro Fletch
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
The_Dude
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
steveschneider
Rodeo Burger
Ass Dan
Snake Plissken
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament?

Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? Vote_lcap63%Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 20 ]
Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? Vote_lcap25%Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 8 ]
Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? Vote_lcap12%Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 32

Poll closed

Poll Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament?

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-25, 13:16

I'm not worried.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2015-03-01, 18:48; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-25, 13:19

D-wags option Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? 1966794946

I am worried. I really really hope we do. I just can't see it. We look horrendous at times.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-25, 13:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D-wags option Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? 1966794946

I am worried. I really really hope we do. I just can't see it. We look horrendous at times.

I think we are going to go on a little run. Starting...now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-25, 13:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D-wags option Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? 1966794946

Wait. You voted No? Now, you're screwed. I didn't enable the vote cancel thing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-25, 13:24

NigelUno wrote:

Wait. You voted No? Now, you're screwed. I didn't enable the vote cancel thing.

My e-cred is going to go to SHIT if we make the tourney. Now what do I root for?! Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? 1550444538
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-25, 13:24

They are not playing good. I will get back to you after Tuesday's game. They can still make it, but it starts with winning the next four. If they lose on Tuesday, I will start to shift towards this team playing in the NIT.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-25, 13:27

Turtleneck wrote:They are not playing good. I will get back to you after Tuesday's game. They can still make it, but it starts with winning the next four. If they lose on Tuesday, I will start to shift towards this team playing in the NIT.

Just wait and vote after the season is completely over.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-25, 13:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

My e-cred is going to go to SHIT if we make the tourney. Now what do I root for?! Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? 1550444538

Your e-cred is taking a hit anyway. You need to reflect on who you're hanging out with.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-25, 13:44

It doesn't look good right now
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-01-25, 20:12

You nancies should take this shit back to tRCMB. Pussies.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-01-25, 20:19

What, exactly, made you a pussy? From what I understand, you're a 20 something still taking classes. Why does Izzo owe you anything? Going to MSU doesn't guarantee a national title in anything, why are you so critical? I don't care, just curious is all.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-01-25, 21:29

Yes we were in before the season started
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-01-25, 21:31

We'll be just fine
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-01-25, 21:49

It's a weak bubble again this year, which should help.

But when you keep losing very winnable games simply because you can't hit a free throw, it does allow some doubt to creep in.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-01-25, 21:51

I'm on the believe train
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-01-25, 22:25

I'm not worried. I think we'll get in. If we don't, well, the streak had to end sometime. I just can't get all that excited about a year where MSU was expected to be down. Making the tournament really is all there is to look forward to right now. If we don't, then fine, I can cut Izzo a break. If Izzo starts stringing NCAA tournament no-shows together then I'll get worried about the basketball program.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-25, 22:31

I watch some of these other games. Unfortunately we are no better than Northwestern, Penn State, Illinois, Purdue, Michigan etc.
And I am not sure we want it as much.

This team blew it at Nebraska
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-01-25, 22:44

Herbie Green wrote:

This team blew it at _______

I FIFY
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-01-25, 22:49

You guys can call me a sunshine blower, I don't give a fuck. Frankly I have much more important things in my life on a day to day basis to get worked up about than Izzo's recruiting or Dawson's inability to hit a free throw. I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.

At any rate...I'm not sure if people really understand. I said it then, and I'll say it now. Last year's team was probably the most talented we'll ever see in the Izzo era in terms of combo of talent, depth and experience. I still feel that they probably were the best team in the country and would have proven that out if they had stayed together and healthy. But whatever, didn't happen.

This year's team was by nature going to be a significant SIGNIFICANT drop off in terms of talent and performance simply due to attrition. Of course you have to factor into that Izzo going big on Parker, Alexander, Okafor and Jones. Of course you do. Any 1 of those 3 (Parker doesn't count) would have made a big difference this year, especially one of the bigs. But it didn't happen and I for one am not going to blame Izzo for that failure because he's not playing on a level field, and frankly I don't want him to play on that field. So if playing on that field is what it takes to get those dudes, I'm just fine with the team we have.

Am I disappointed in Valentine, and Dawson? Sure. They're not what I hoped they would be this year. Sucks but this team's ceiling was not going to be NC level worthy anyway. They will still make the tourney and make a run imo. I have enough faith in Izzo to get them humming come late Feb/March.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-25, 22:55

Herbie Green wrote:I watch some of these other games. Unfortunately we are no better than Northwestern, Penn State, Illinois, Purdue, Michigan etc.

We are better than all of those teams.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-25, 22:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You guys can call me a sunshine blower, I don't give a fuck. Frankly I have much more important things in my life on a day to day basis to get worked up about than Izzo's recruiting or Dawson's inability to hit a free throw. I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.

At any rate...I'm not sure if people really understand. I said it then, and I'll say it now. Last year's team was probably the most talented we'll ever see in the Izzo era in terms of combo of talent, depth and experience. I still feel that they probably were the best team in the country and would have proven that out if they had stayed together and healthy. But whatever, didn't happen.

This year's team was by nature going to be a significant SIGNIFICANT drop off in terms of talent and performance simply due to attrition. Of course you have to factor into that Izzo going big on Parker, Alexander, Okafor and Jones. Of course you do. Any 1 of those 3 (Parker doesn't count) would have made a big difference this year, especially one of the bigs. But it didn't happen and I for one am not going to blame Izzo for that failure because he's not playing on a level field, and frankly I don't want him to play on that field. So if playing on that field is what it takes to get those dudes, I'm just fine with the team we have.

Am I disappointed in Valentine, and Dawson? Sure. They're not what I hoped they would be this year. Sucks but this team's ceiling was not going to be NC level worthy anyway. They will still make the tourney and make a run imo. I have enough faith in Izzo to get them humming come late Feb/March.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-01-25, 23:05

Herbie Green wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

MSU ain't no joke.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-01-25, 23:11

Herbie Green wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not even sure what this reply means.

Where exactly does your frustration lie? Can you enunciate it in more clear terms than we are not as good as your spoiled candy ass wants us to be?

( Wink )
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-25, 23:22

In. Definitely.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-25, 23:24

I don't even know where to begin without going all BGS on your ass.
I have said if only in my own mind Izzo has earned lifetime or at least 3 NITs.
The people that don't recognize his unbelievable track record piss me off but not as much as the "I don't care just wait until March" crowd
Well what if March never happens? Well I guess your pansy ass was better off not getting involved. I am laying my ass on the line every game for these guys.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-25, 23:39

After that speech I vote yes. This team has put my patience to the max. But every season has its turning point and ours might be yet to come.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-01-25, 23:47

I'm not saying I don't care until March.

Sorry but life has a way of getting in between putting your ass on the line for every game and....not putting your ass on the line for every game.

I watch every game, and I get into every game, but somehow it stings a little less if we lose these days. And maybe that's because I've convinced myself to really only truly invest my emotions when we actually have a chance at something meaningful, or maybe it's because I'm a shitty alum/fan. Not sure.

At any rate, it's quite comfortable, and I don't really care what anyone else thinks. And it also allows me to see things quite clearly. So.....yeah.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-26, 00:26

March Madness without MSU would suck.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-26, 01:50

InTenSity wrote:

What, exactly, made you a pussy? From what I understand, you're a 20 something still taking classes. Why does Izzo owe you anything? Going to MSU doesn't guarantee a national title in anything, why are you so critical? I don't care, just curious is all.

I don't think I'm a pussy. I just think this team doesn't have the offensive fire power or guts to close games. I am 21 and still have some semesters left, you're right. Who said izzo owes me a natty? Who says I expect a natty? Shit you're putting a lot of words into my mouth. We're talking about making the effing tourney at MSU, not winning a natty.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-01-26, 08:15

Turtleneck wrote:They are not playing good. I will get back to you after Tuesday's game. They can still make it, but it starts with winning the next four. If they lose on Tuesday, I will start to shift towards this team playing in the NIT.

Winning games needs to be followed with a change in strategy. Team only showed life after we deployed a full court press and we need to use it more. I know this goes against izzo ball but this team sucks in a half court game on both ends. Plus our personnel is better suited for uptempo.

Serious doubt izzo will listen to me tho. Too Bob knight stubborn any more
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-26, 09:27

NigelUno wrote:

We are better than all of those teams.

No
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-26, 09:30

Blanch32 wrote:

Winning games needs to be followed with a change in strategy.  Team only showed life after we deployed a full court press and we need to use it more.  I know this goes against izzo ball but this team sucks in a half court game on both ends.  Plus our personnel is better suited for uptempo.  

Serious doubt izzo will listen to me tho.  Too Bob knight stubborn any more

Izzo can coach all he wants, bottom line is he simply doesn't have the players.  He's admitted he's done a bad job this year which he has, but the talent is not there.  Denzel and Dawson simply have not developed into big time players.  No point guard hurts too.  

MSU needs to win its next 3 vs a terrible Rutgers team then beat a limping Illinois/UM teams at home.  If that happens, MSU will be in terrific shape to dance.  Lose one of those, and MSU will be in serious trouble considering how back loaded our schedule is.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-01-26, 10:48

I don't think I'm a pussy. I just think this team doesn't have the offensive fire power or guts to close games. I am 21 and still have some semesters left, you're right. Who said izzo owes me a natty? Who says I expect a natty? Shit you're putting a lot of words into my mouth. We're talking about making the effing tourney at MSU, not winning a natty.
That was me trying to troll, just to get some discussion going. I don't even really think any of what I wrote, well maybe a little. Your perspective is also going to be a lot different than mine. I grew up with Jud BBall, and not every game on TV. Making the tournament wasn't a given. You grew up with Izzo Bball, you probably can't even remember the last time MSU wasn't in the tournament. 

I also apologize for calling you a pussy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-01-26, 11:05

Just for the record I hate that fucking hipster word "natty" 3 fucking times in one post is nearly enough for me to puke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-01-26, 11:16

The_Dude wrote:

Izzo can coach all he wants, bottom line is he simply doesn't have the players.  He's admitted he's done a bad job this year which he has, but the talent is not there.  Denzel and Dawson simply have not developed into big time players.  No point guard hurts too.  

MSU needs to win its next 3 vs a terrible Rutgers team then beat a limping Illinois/UM teams at home.  If that happens, MSU will be in terrific shape to dance.  Lose one of those, and MSU will be in serious trouble considering how back loaded our schedule is.

Rutgers knocked off Wisconsin st home. I would not write them off any anyone really with this team.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-26, 11:33

LooseGoose wrote:

Just for the record I hate that fucking hipster word "natty" 3 fucking times in one post is nearly enough for me to puke.

Natty.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-01-26, 11:36

LooseGoose wrote:

Just for the record I hate that fucking hipster word "natty"  3 fucking times in one post is nearly enough for me to puke.
Natty is bad, narrative is worse and is even more overused, and everytime I see someone refer to something as a life hack instead of a tip I want to stab their face
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-26, 11:41

LooseGoose wrote:

I am with you on this. I would not mind if use of that term was criminalized and mandatory sentences were established.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-01-26, 11:41

Natty.

Will MSU make the NCAA Tournament? 1401550746 right in your biscuits and gravy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-26, 11:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Natty is bad, narrative is worse and is even more overused, and everytime I see someone refer to something as a life hack instead of a tip I want to stab their face

Don't mind narrative.

I also hate "toppings" for what people want on their pizza. It sounds like an elementary school teacher talking to her 2nd graders. Oh, and while we are here, no adult under any circumstances should say sammich. People that say sammich also refer to dinner as supper, which are the same people that ask, "what toppings do you want on your pizza?"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next