Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Smith, Dirt nap

5 posters

Go down

Dean Smith, Dirt nap Empty Dean Smith, Dirt nap

Post by kingstonlake Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:36 am

Per UNC
http://myfox8.com/2015/02/08/retired-unc-head-coach-dean-smith-dies-at-83/
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Dean Smith, Dirt nap Empty Re: Dean Smith, Dirt nap

Post by Frank Ricard Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:19 am

Don't like speaking ill of the dead, but I wasn't exactly a fan of his style. Thank god he started the 4 corner bullshit or we might not have a shot clock now. And that needs to be lowered to 28 seconds, btw.

Also, despite having M Jordan for 3 years, he only won the damn thing once. Always wondered if he was hyped beyond what he actually accomplished. During his tenure there were very few teams that had more talent than his. I think he overcoached them.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Frank Ricard wrote:Don't like speaking ill of the dead, but I wasn't exactly a fan of his style. Thank god he started the 4 corner bullshit or we might not have a shot clock now. And that needs to be lowered to 28 seconds, btw.

Also, despite having M Jordan for 3 years, he only won the damn thing once. Always wondered if he was hyped beyond what he actually accomplished. During his tenure there were very few teams that had more talent than his. I think he overcoached them.

I knew right after your first sentence the rest of your post was going to do exactly what you said you didn't like to do.

Dean Smith 2x champion and #4 in all time wins and coached the greatest player of all time IMO. RIP to a legend.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Frank Ricard wrote:Don't like speaking ill of the dead, but I wasn't exactly a fan of his style. Thank god he started the 4 corner bullshit or we might not have a shot clock now. And that needs to be lowered to 28 seconds, btw.

Eh. He wasn't the first to come up witb the pass around outside and limit possessions.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:25 am

He thought Bo was an ass. What else do you want?

When Bo fired Bill in 1989 when he had been hired for the next year at Arizona State because "A Michigan Man will Coach a Michigan Team", Dean Smith pondered on national TV, "If Bo was the President of the University of Michigan, and the head of the Law School took a job for the next year at another university, would he have allowed him to give that semester's final exam?"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down