Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread

+10
I.B. Fine
gomersbro
The_Dude
The Pantry
SeeRockCity
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread Empty tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 7:56

Just as with the growth of the network, things escalated quickly. Today from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Breslin Center, "BTN Live" will air live, leading into the network's broadcast of Minnesota-MSU men's basketball game. Guests in those two hours will include Tom Izzo, Mark Dantonio, Kirk Cousins, Connor Cook, Shilique Calhoun and Matt Steigenga.

Hollis has designated today "BTN Appreciation Day," and it will have a decidedly MSU feel.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/25/michigan-state-spartans-btn-live-breslin-center/24034257/

Michigan State escaped that day in spite of itself. But the next time it walks onto the court, it could be facing pressure right from the start and through most of the night.

The Spartans will face a Minnesota team on Thursday (7 p.m., Big Ten Network) that plays extensive pressure and has at times this season led the country in steals. That Michigan State press break could get as much use as it has all year.

"When they play a different style a little bit, something your guys don't see all the time, how they handle it will be important," Izzo said. "And you never know until you see a steady dose of that."

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/02/michigan_state_prepares_to_fac.html

Last edited by LooseGoose on Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 11:23; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread Empty Re: tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 8:41

god, I love the Big Ten Network..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread Empty Re: tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 8:43

"he loved the Golden Gophers but he hated all the drawn-out winters"...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 11:19

So we are going to start slow with the press?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 18:08

So far this has been an hour of MSU love and to a lesser extent B1GTen love.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 18:11

LooseGoose wrote:So far this has been an hour of MSU love and to a lesser extent B1GTen love.

I'm surprised Delany has allowed this to go on.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 18:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm surprised Delany has allowed this to go on.

If I were a recruit sitting at home I'd be impressed at #1 the former players coming back, #2 the announcers heaping love on MSU, #3 the exposure for the current players, etc, etc.

And you're right about Delaney, though I imagine this is causing some heartburn in other B1GTen cities about now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 18:39

Question to CoachD: "How can other schools emulate the Michigan State model for success?"

Referring to both Football & Basketball doing well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:16

14:38 to go timeout 11-11 tie, Valentine down.....seems like it might be a cramp....let's hope.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:21

13:03 to go 1st - 18-11 MSU - 5 of those points by Alvin Ellis....Gophers TO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:22

Ellis III providing a good spark off the bench.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:24

11:59 Tv timeout 18-14 MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:25

So are the Gophers any better after firing Tubby? Seems like a dumb ass move.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:35

Steve Cherry just posterized Minnesota's center. Took from the foul line.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:36

7:55 to go 1st TV timeout - 27-21 MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:36

steveschneider wrote:So are the Gophers any better after firing Tubby? Seems like a dumb ass move.

Well, it's Minnesota so...
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:36

steveschneider wrote:So are the Gophers any better after firing Tubby? Seems like a dumb ass move.

In about the same place so far, I think young Pitino might move them up though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:38

LooseGoose wrote:

Does his son like to eat at Burger King, too?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:49

12 seconds to go 41-36 MSU. Timeout
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:51

41-36 it is at the half. Pretty entertaining half, the refs were good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:54

LooseGoose wrote:

Are they going to make the tournament this year? Tubby had them at least making the tournament annually. I think they trended down with this move.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:59

tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread B-z-elaW0AEzUtB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:59

steveschneider wrote:

Are they going to make the tournament this year? Tubby had them at least making the tournament annually. I think they trended down with this move.
Not likely unless they win the B1GTenTourney.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:05

LooseGoose wrote:tOfficial We Show BTN the Love then give Minny the Boot Game Thread B-z-elaW0AEzUtB
You print those out? Why not just use the Snipping Tool?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:07

The Pantry wrote:
You print those out?  Why not just use the Snipping Tool?

That is not how he roles. He is old school. You should see his combine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:14

The Pantry wrote:You print those out? Why not just use the Snipping Tool?

Nooo....I steal the jpg from someone's tweet. I think Rexrode.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:14

52-46 MSU with 15:34 to go. TV timeout.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:22

Turnovers a problem tonight
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:24

Nice play there by Dawson.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:25

58-53 MSU with 11:24 to play. TV timeout.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:32

Looked like the MN player bumped Schilling into the lane.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:38

We've gone cold from 3, killing us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:38

This post is a tribute to LWS and it's a 100% true story...

The other day I woke up with sinus issues, throat was dry/sore and joints were achy. All the symptoms of a classic common cold. About mid afternoon with my symptoms getting worse and I was thinking about heading home my stomach cramped up and my bowels got watery. I went to the mens room for an explosive shit and I swear to god, when I was done my cold was gone.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:38

Is Dawson sick? It seems like he has had limited minutes.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:38

LooseGoose wrote:We've gone cold from 3, killing us.

Pathetic we aren't attacking rim
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:39

Free throws and turnivers dooming msu tonight. Some things never change. We get fouled shooting three and make one FT. Minny gets fouled and makes all 3
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:41

gomersbro wrote:Is Dawson sick? It seems like he has had limited minutes.

If he is I hope he has the same good fortune I did the other day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:42

62-61 MN at the under 8 TV timeout.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:45

Another turnover holy fuck
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:46

The_Dude wrote:Another turnover holy fuck

Bump
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next