Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck Kilbridge and the horse he rode out on~!

+17
SeeRockCity
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
AMwood
Heat Miser
steveschneider
HT
The_Dude
Triple Sparty
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
xsanguine
Motown Spartan
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fuck Kilbridge and the horse he rode out on~! Empty Fuck Kilbridge and the horse he rode out on~!

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 06:17

Seems he's quit tRCMB for the LSJ. Ok, fair enough.

But then he feels it necessary to call us losers on his way out? Fuck him and his overlord tBarnes.

Well I’m not going to do any of that. Too sappy. You all are a of a different breed and wouldn’t go for your standard farewell column. Instead, I’ll post a few of the most important things I’ve learned during my 4 1/2 years with Spartan Tailgate. Hopefully my successor can soak up some wisdom.

**tSwill swung and missed. Nice try, losers!

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Time-for-me-to-hit-the-ol-dusty-trail-35894204
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fuck Kilbridge and the horse he rode out on~! Empty Re: Fuck Kilbridge and the horse he rode out on~!

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 06:22

TBarnes nightmare scenario, the lemmings awaken.

Double_Spartan said...
So not to be a dick, but what exactly am I paying subscription fees for? There was a time when this place had Jack Ebbling, Dan Kilbridge, Sean Scherer and Chris Vannini all doing articles, pieces and whatnot on all the things going on with Spartan athletics. Plus all of them were engaged in discussions on tRCMB to some extent. Jack, Dan and Chris have all left, and none of them were replaced.

So again I say... what exactly am I getting out of this subscription???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fuck Kilbridge and the horse he rode out on~! Empty Re: Fuck Kilbridge and the horse he rode out on~!

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-27, 06:23

I think he was only quoting Trevor's faithful stooges on that board.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 06:28

My subscription ended a week or so ago, and this is exactly why I have yet to renew. 90% of the information we get comes in the form of two sentence "bolts" or rumblings that consist of "so and so visited, he had fun and is high on MSU". Not to mention there is zero communication from the staff. Just a poor product at this point in time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 06:37

The Pantry wrote:I think he was only quoting Trevor's faithful stooges on that board.

Perhaps. But he quoted those as things he'd learned.

I want to learn how many bjs he gave Couch to get the LSJ job.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-27, 06:48

Fuck this guy amirite?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-27, 07:03

Posted in the thread. Let's see if I get banned...
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-02-27, 07:09

Guys who burn any bridges when leaving are assholes. Just say you enjoyed yourself, learned a lot and thanks. Shit like that tends to come back to haunt you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-27, 07:15

DWags wrote:Guys who burn any bridges when leaving are assholes. Just say you enjoyed yourself, learned a lot and thanks. Shit like that tends to come back to haunt you.
??? I didn't interpret anything he said as 'bridge burning'
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-02-27, 07:23

The Pantry wrote:??? I didn't interpret anything he said as 'bridge burning'

I thought he called this place losers???? If he didn't, my bad. Calling a place populated by guys who read a ton of sports "losers" isn't that smart imo. If he didn't mea culpa.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-27, 07:24

It was clearly a tongue in cheek comment.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-27, 07:24

Motown Spartan wrote:It was clearly a tongue in cheek comment.

With that said, we should fuck him up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-27, 07:31

Anyone got his address or preferable route between work and home or vice versa?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-27, 07:38

Exactly, along with JLW doing Playboy and the giant Sparty statue
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-27, 07:43

The Pantry wrote:Exactly, along with JLW doing Playboy and the giant Sparty statue

Even if he did spell Plaboy incorrectly.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-27, 07:44

I really don't know that much about the industry, but isn't leaving tRCMB for the Lansing State Journal kind of like divorcing Rosanne Barr so you can spend more time with Rosie O'Donnell?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-02-27, 07:45

Motown Spartan wrote:

Even if he did spell Plaboy incorrectly.

Well done. It amazes me how many people get it wrong when referring to that thread.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 08:11

Some of it was tongue in cheek, some wasn't. I didn't take this as tongue in cheek:

**The truth with Izzo probably lies somewhere in the middle

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-02-27, 08:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I really don't know that much about the industry, but isn't leaving tRCMB for the Lansing State Journal kind of like divorcing Rosanne Barr so you can spend more time with Rosie O'Donnell?

Wait, so tRCMB is the one we'd all like a go with, and the LSJ is the one we'd need a couple beers to read?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-27, 08:42

Time to activate BobSak for a special mission at the LSJ
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-27, 08:55

Triple Sparty wrote:
Wait, so tRCMB is the one we'd all like a go with, and the LSJ is the one we'd need a couple beers to read?
it's more like be elected the tallest person at your local midget convention..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-27, 09:01

LooseGoose wrote:Seems he's quit tRCMB for the LSJ.  Ok, fair enough.

But then he feels it necessary to call us losers on his way out?  Fuck him and his overlord tBarnes.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Time-for-me-to-hit-the-ol-dusty-trail-35894204

But isn't RCMB a lot slower in traffic than it used to be? I wouldn't say tSwill missed, but it's probably more of a single or ground-rule double that needs to be driven in to home.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-27, 09:10

it's 2015 and someone is leaving one place to go work for a newspaper.. that should tell you all you need to know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-27, 09:16

LooseGoose wrote:

Some of it was tongue in cheek, some wasn't. I didn't take this as tongue in cheek:

Well, isn't that one of the three-prongs of the Izzo argument? The program has fallen...Izzo is a genius...the truth is somewhere in the middle...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-27, 09:19

Motown Spartan wrote:

Well, isn't that one of the three-prongs of the Izzo argument? The program has fallen...Izzo is a genius...the truth is somewhere in the middle...
And again, it wasn't something Dan said. He just listed-off a bunch of shit that was commonly said by posters on the board.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-02-27, 09:24

He must have felt threatened by the swill to mention us.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-27, 09:27

steveschneider wrote:He must have felt threatened by the swill to mention us.

Any pub is good pub?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-02-27, 09:28

what does a job like that pay? $25K?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-27, 09:28

steveschneider wrote:He must have felt threatened by the swill to mention us.

If I had to guess. Revenue isn't what was projected. They are probably playing with the numbers to look ok, but getting low on cash. Wasn't it about a year ago that Lucky said recruiting sites aren't hte same? It wouldn't surprise me if one day people went there to find out it no longer exists.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-27, 09:31

I suppose the conversation in his house went something like this:

Dan: "sweetie, I've decided that I'm leaving my position herding dinosaurs to take an exciting job doing horse and buggy maintenance. It's the up and coming thing"..

Wife/GF/BF: "uhh.. ok"?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-27, 09:32

The Pantry wrote:And again, it wasn't something Dan said.  He just listed-off a bunch of shit that was commonly said by posters on the board.

And back to Dan's whole approach to the original post, written as a parody of a farewell or retirement speech which are typically either sappy or humorous or both.

Last edited by Motown Spartan on 2015-02-27, 09:39; edited 1 time in total
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-02-27, 09:38

Motown Spartan wrote:

And back to Dan's whole approach to the article, it was written as a parody of a farewell or retirement speech which are typically either sappy or humorous or both.

if you love him so much why don't you marry him?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-27, 09:39

AMwood wrote:

if you love him so much why don't you marry him?

I asked him but he said "no homo".
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-27, 09:40

Sheep/herd mentality. lol @ the thought that the RCMB is some great message board panacea of creativity.

'We'll treat you like children, our layout and functionality is awful, but you'll stay because the word 'anal' is so GD funny!'
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 09:41

InTenSity wrote:
If I had to guess. Revenue isn't what was projected. They are probably playing with the numbers to look ok, but getting low on cash. Wasn't it about a year ago that Lucky said recruiting sites aren't hte same? It wouldn't surprise me if one day people went there to find out it no longer exists.

The whole recruiting model has played out as a big revenue producer. You can get 90% of the analysis and rankings from ESPN Insider for less than $10 a year in addition to all the other Insider content. You can get 90% or more of the more time sensitive information free on twitter literally within 30 seconds of it being known and often before there's an actual post on 24/7, Scout or Rivals.

Almost anyone that is still paying the monthly fees on Scout or 24/7 is being played for a fool. Rivals at least still offers some in depth analysis and a private board for your $$, there's some value there.

The most amusing part of it all for me is the people that are "giving away the store" information wise are the paid employees on twitter. They're in such a rush to be first out there publicly with the information the non subscribers often have it before their own paying customers. That's a shitty way to do business.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 09:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Sheep/herd mentality. lol @ the thought that the RCMB is some great message board panacea of creativity.

'We'll treat you like children, our layout and functionality is awful, but you'll stay because the word 'anal' is so GD funny!'

One thing that's still out there on the internet are lots of free message boards centered on virtually any topic you want to discuss. tRCMB had it days but I find myself checking the thread titles now once a day or less. It's soooooooooo painfully hard to use because of the software/ads that it's just not worth it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-27, 09:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Sheep/herd mentality. lol @ the thought that the RCMB is some great message board panacea of creativity.

and if you don't conform to our rigid template of what you should think/say/believe, you'll be banned.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-27, 10:07

Only 1 Harbaugh thread allowed or you'll feel the wrath of Spartan rocky!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-27, 10:10

And let me tell you something.... If most of you jackasses would stop posting over there so much and bring that content here, he wouldn't have a point. We're still in infancy because y'all can't commit to making this a better place.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-27, 10:15

Rocinante wrote:And let me tell you something.... If most of you jackasses would stop posting over there so much and bring that content here, he wouldn't have a point. We're still in infancy because y'all can't commit to making this a better place.
I've been there exactly once since the birth of tSwill and that was to go back make sure I was accurate when posting my PM warnings here for a chuckle..

but I do agree with you 100%. This place is light years ahead of that joint.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next