Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asking for a favor from all of you. Please Read

+19
NigelUno
tTito
InTenSity
LoneWolfSparty
Giant Moose
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
SawGreen
WhiteBoyHatcher
Murphy Green
Heat Miser
SpartanInNH
dubie7006
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
tig ol bitties
SeeRockCity
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Asking for a favor from all of you.  Please Read Empty Asking for a favor from all of you. Please Read

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:32

All,

Thanks to everyone who continues to post and visit this board.  I really never thought it would become what it has, as quickly as it has.  Clearly many of us were looking for an alternative and this board just happened to be the right idea at the right time.

That said, I think it would be best if we didn't keep talking about the Swill over on the old board.  There have been some incidents where content has started to leak across in the form of quoting posters from this board over there and getting sucked into us vs. them conversations.

I really don't think this will be productive in the long run.  When the dust has settled, and if this board survives, I think we'll find that there are two valid alternatives to hanging out with fellow Spartans.  Some of us may chose to stay involved in both and some may chose to stay with one of the other, but they'll pretty much be distinct and unique environments that really have nothing to do with one another.

So, please do me a favor and try to avoid getting sucked into discussions about the Swill at 247.  And please don't post things over there that are said here.  Remember that some people on that site are still original members of the RCMB community and may want to come here and be able to speak freely and openly with friends, without the fear of everything they say being on the record.

And just to be clear, no one has asked me to post this.  No one has expressed any concern or contacted me about this at any time.  These are just my personal feelings on the matter and are really based on the fact that I want EVERYONE to feel that they can come here and just be themselves.

Thanks

-SRC

Last edited by SeeRockCity on Thu 1 May 2014 - 18:30; edited 2 times in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Asking for a favor from all of you.  Please Read Empty Re: Asking for a favor from all of you. Please Read

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:34

I agree. In addition it's disrespectful to Trevor who did much work to provide a meeting place for over a decade. We may not be happy with 247 but that's not a reason to be rude to him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Asking for a favor from all of you.  Please Read Empty Re: Asking for a favor from all of you. Please Read

Post by tig ol bitties Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:38

And the censorship begins.....

Asking for a favor from all of you.  Please Read 1550444538 
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:39

I'm not posting over there (like 3 times since this site started) so it ain't me. With that said, if y'all don't want your bullshit spread around, make a different username. Cuz it's going to happen if you're a poster of any consequence. On that note. The fact that almost everybody does use the same username is a built-in advantage for Swill, as it brings ready made associations and back story here. This board never started from zero, and it will always be part of rcmb. Two cents spent.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:13

But we are still allowed to talk about tRCMB here right?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:29

I just need to get my jones satisfied for arguing with a couple idiot walmarters on the BB. My donate runs out 8-14-14. I don't think I can post there after that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:41

LoneWolfSparty wrote:But we are still allowed to talk about tRCMB here right?

Sure, and it's just a favor. Nobody is going to be banned or anything (the charter won't allow it anyway). Just asking is all.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:51

I'll do my best, and I'm done drunk posting (we'll see how long that resolution lasts...), so hopefully I'll be able to avoid it.

One thing I won't be avoiding is dropping f-bombs all over the place over there. A banning there wouldn't bother me at this point, tSwill has become the go-to for me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 19:10

I know I got sucked in by tTrollDouche a couple nights ago. My bad. I didn't say anything bad about either site, but it was a discussion nonetheless. I haz shames.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 19:28

Dubie no worries, most of what I read over there was innocuous, but today there were some quotes by Trevor from here posted there. SRC is probably just trying to get out in front of that.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 19:30

Gotcha. I've not been over there yet today so I did not see.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:43

+1. No reason to incite.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:48

No offense, but I'll do what I want.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:58

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Dubie no worries, most of what I read over there was innocuous, but today there were some quotes by Trevor from here posted there. SRC is probably just trying to get out in front of that.

Since when can't you post public comments made on the Internet?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 21:05

Giant Moose wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:Dubie no worries, most of what I read over there was innocuous, but today there were some quotes by Trevor from here posted there. SRC is probably just trying to get out in front of that.

Since when can't you post public comments made on the Internet?

He asked a favor. Favors do not equal censorship.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 21:05

Heat Miser wrote:

What is he so worried about? If Trevor had a problem with what I posted, he would have deleted it.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 21:08

Giant Moose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

What is he so worried about? If Trevor had a problem with what I posted, he would have deleted it.

Who cares what he's worried about. It's a favor. You'll either do it or you won't.

BTW...looks like he did delete my post pointing out 247 is slower than 90% of the internet.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 21:09

Heat Miser wrote:

Who cares what he's worried about. It's a favor. You'll either do it or you won't.

Fair enough.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:17

Giant Moose wrote:

He did.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Green Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:26

Giant Moose wrote:No offense, but I'll do what I want.

Class will tell.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:49

They are so uptight over there these days. In the thread where Moose quoted Trevor from here, I quoted a Trevor response where he mentioned "moderation tools"

I quoted just those words, then put a laughing smilie. One of the mods deleted. They can't laugh about themselves at all.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:51

LoneWolfSparty wrote:They are so uptight over there these days. In the thread where Moose quoted Trevor from here, I quoted a Trevor response where he mentioned "moderation tools"

I quoted just those words, then put a laughing smilie. One of the mods deleted. They can't laugh about themselves at all.

He says he's fine with it, yet the draconian moderation continues.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 22:58

I suspect it's a little bit of both. There is no doubt he is glad a bunch of us are gone - the "problem children", so to speak (I don't necessarily consider myself in my current posting form as a problem child, but no doubt I was one in the past). However, I suspect that there is a part of him that realizes things might be different this time around and moving forward. The market has been thirsting for a viable, more "adult" alternative to that place for awhile (and by adult, I don't necessarily mean more mature). If this place sticks for awhile, I think this place becomes the "social" alternative, with sports mixed in. And 247 goes more the way of Spartanmag and Scout.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:17

A long time ago I played an mmo called everquest, or eq. At the time it was the most popular game in its genre, considered ground breaking amd extremely popular. At some point the devs sold to Sony, they promised that things wouldn't change. I forget how many servers there were, probably about twenty. There was one guild, the first uber guild, these guys played the game like it was a job. At the height of its popularitythere was another game being developed called wow, which I'm sure more people might recognize. The eq devs ignored pleas from some of the uber guilds that the game was being wrecked. The guild leader for foh (fires of heaven) started speaking out publicly on their website about eq and what was coming from wow. He actually joined the dev team for wow and started promoting it. He sold his character, I think it hit a record. Irreverent though and sorry for going so long. I guess the point is, not everything recovers if people think they've found a better alternative.
Posting from mobile,I retain the right to come back and edit this.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I suspect it's a little bit of both. There is no doubt he is glad a bunch of us are gone - the "problem children", so to speak (I don't necessarily consider myself in my current posting form as a problem child, but no doubt I was one in the past). However, I suspect that there is a part of him that realizes things might be different this time around and moving forward. The market has been thirsting for a viable, more "adult" alternative to that place for awhile (and by adult, I don't necessarily mean more mature). If this place sticks for awhile, I think this place becomes the "social" alternative, with sports mixed in. And 247 goes more the way of Spartanmag and Scout.

It's the OT season. Who knows what will happen once Fall rolls around. That will be a true test of SRC and where this board falls on the moderation front.

I had my beefs with the 247 site. Admittedly, it has become a very viable recruiting forum that is getting quotes around the internets (3 paragraphs at a time). It was never a solid foundation for a social message board with heavy "flavor of the day" moderation when the clientele challenged authority and questioned shitty functionality and service. (FTR, Snake was the only mod that I believe had the balls to explain why he was locking a thread)

They can call it tRCMB, but face it, that died a long time ago, and it is doubtful that it will ever return. I look forward to what tSwill can bring/become.

I would only ask one thing of the people here. We can disagree, but when the trolls come knocking, self-police this place ... and set the standard that bashing recruits and players on a personal level won't be tolerated. I think calling out poor performance and bad personal conduct is well within bounds. But, getting personal and trashing a kid who is doing his best, shouldn't be tolerated.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:25

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:32

SawGreen wrote:

I would only ask one thing of the people here.  We can disagree, but when the trolls come knocking, self-police this place ... and set the standard that bashing recruits and players on a personal level won't be tolerated.  I think calling out poor performance and bad personal conduct is well within bounds.  But, getting personal and trashing a kid who is doing his best, shouldn't be tolerated.  

I agree with your stance, but not your end game. That stuff should not be censored here, as ridiculous as it is. This place has no official affiliation with MSU, and if someone wants to say a kid is gutless and sucks, they should be able to. And yeah, we should flame them for it, but it should be allowed.

Of course, that's just my .02, and I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make calls like those. Everyone is going to have a different idea of how this place should be run.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I agree with your stance, but not your end game. That stuff should not be censored here, as ridiculous as it is. This place has no official affiliation with MSU, and if someone wants to say a kid is gutless and sucks, they should be able to. And yeah, we should flame them for it, but it should be allowed.

Of course, that's just my .02, and I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make calls like those. Everyone is going to have a different idea of how this place should be run.
I agree.  I'm not saying it should be censored... but I hope the overall Spartan Swill community makes it clear to those who may be watching that tNation doesn't condone that shit.  My comments are by no means a call to action to the moderators, but to the community.  It is why I left 247... before this site was established (of course, you can't actually leave because they seem incapable of deleting your account).

I don't want a bunch of pussies using up/down votes to replace words calling out assholes for the bs they spew.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 1 May 2014 - 0:01

SawGreen wrote:
I agree.  I'm not saying it should be censored... but I hope the overall Spartan Swill community makes it clear to those who may be watching that tNation doesn't condone that shit.  My comments are by no means a call to action to the moderators, but to the community.  It is why I left 247... before this site was established (of course, you can't actually leave because they seem incapable of deleting your account).

I don't want a bunch of pussies using up/down votes to replace words calling out assholes for the bs they spew.

+1
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 1 May 2014 - 0:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

+1

Seconded.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 1 May 2014 - 0:35

Also, before anyone piles on Moose, it's only fair to disclose that I sent him a pm earlier today and tried to say what I said in the OP but did so clumsily. I was in a hurry and re-reading my pm, I could see where it could be taken as a bit of a scolding. That wasn't my intention, but I could see it taken that way. So public apologies to you Moose if that's true. To be clear, my feelings haven't changed, but the delivery could probably have been better. Thanks for being an early adopter and evangelist for this board.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 1 May 2014 - 0:38

SeeRockCity wrote:

Also, before anyone piles on Moose, it's only fair to disclose that I sent him a pm earlier today and tried to say what I said in the OP but did so clumsily.  I was in a hurry and re-reading my pm, I could see where it could be taken as a bit of a scolding.  That wasn't my intention, but I could see it taken that way.  So public apologies to you Moose if that's true.  To be clear, my feelings haven't changed, but the delivery could probably have been better.  Thanks for being an early adopter and evangelist for this board.

Moose has a permanent get out of jail free card in my book for saving us all from the elephant dick logo.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 1 May 2014 - 0:45

SeeRockCity wrote:

Also, before anyone piles on Moose, it's only fair to disclose that I sent him a pm earlier today and tried to say what I said in the OP but did so clumsily.  I was in a hurry and re-reading my pm, I could see where it could be taken as a bit of a scolding.  That wasn't my intention, but I could see it taken that way.  So public apologies to you Moose if that's true.  To be clear, my feelings haven't changed, but the delivery could probably have been better.  Thanks for being an early adopter and evangelist for this board.
Thanks for clarifying. Whatever you said had him whining on the old board today
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 1 May 2014 - 2:02

InTenSityX wrote:A long time ago I played an mmo called everquest, or eq. At the time it was the most popular game in its genre, considered ground breaking amd extremely popular. At some point the devs sold to Sony, they promised that things wouldn't change. I forget how many servers there were, probably about twenty. There was one guild, the first uber guild, these guys played the game like it was a job. At the height of its popularitythere was another game being developed called wow, which I'm sure more people might recognize. The eq devs ignored pleas from some of the uber guilds that the game was being wrecked. The guild leader for foh (fires of heaven) started speaking out publicly on their website about eq and what was coming from wow. He actually joined the dev team for wow and started promoting it. He sold his character, I think it hit a record. Irreverent though and sorry for going so long. I guess the point is, not everything recovers if people think they've found a better alternative.
Posting from mobile,I retain the right to come back and edit this.

Shocked Nerdipedia
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 1 May 2014 - 6:49

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

He did.

Not true. My post with Trevor's quotes from here is still there:
http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Long-Live-the-RCMB-28400945
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu 1 May 2014 - 8:14

Giant Moose wrote:

Not true. My post with Trevor's quotes from here is still there:
http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Long-Live-the-RCMB-28400945

I stand corrected. Looks like some other posts were deleted moving your post from page 2 to 1. I assumed he deleted. Consider this the second public apology to you in this thread.

That said, your call of censorship here at the swill in the same thread there was meritless.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 1 May 2014 - 9:10

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Shocked Nerdipedia
And I didn't even get into details!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 1 May 2014 - 9:38

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I stand corrected. Looks like some other posts were deleted moving your post from page 2 to 1. I assumed he deleted. Consider this the second public apology to you in this thread.

That said, your call of censorship here at the swill in the same thread there was meritless.
I felt like it was an attempt at being censored. SRC has since clarified, and like Bob, I'm no longer worried. I probably could have handled that nicer as well.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 1 May 2014 - 10:31

Heat Miser wrote:

Moose has a permanent get out of jail free card in my book for saving us all from the elephant dick logo.

That was truly an epic save!
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 1 May 2014 - 10:50

tTito wrote:

That was truly an epic save!
Ah, all I did was find it early enough that it never saw the field/court.

The real credit goes to MSU fans everywhere who voiced their opinion to squash it. I was glad that people were with me wondering why we would change a long-time, popular logo to something that wasn't as good.

By me finding it early, all it did was save MSU from actually using the new logo for a short amount of time. I think the backlash would have still been tremendous when it was officially released, and MSU would have ditched it after a year or so. MSU would have been forced to use it for a little while just because all of the gear would have been made.

Since it was found relatively early, there weren't very many things with the new logo in production (I think there was a polo that had the logo on the arm, a hat, and not much else that actually got produced with the new logo).
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next