Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard"

+20
247 Tech Support Guy
James Dean
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
NigelUno
duffy munn
tanfan!
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
LoneWolfSparty
WhiteBoyHatcher
Notorious GiB
pulling69
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Heat Miser
Stoops21
SeeRockCity
Murphy Green
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard" Empty welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard"

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-30, 21:56

Now that Trevor caved and allowed the soviet ERa to end and allow free off topic discussion again, you can see this place for yourself.

You'll quickly notice all the neat fun play toys we have here. Some of this will be new and others will remember back to 2009 or whenever was bf the 247 clamp down. Best part is you'll find owners who address issues in a matter of hours or days and not 3 years. Nor do they wait until a competing board launches and gets off the ground bf they do anything.

What you will not find is my own personal play space. One owner already hates me and freely says so. This is not the intent here nor would that concept even work. So disregard Trevor's smear campaign over there. Yes I currently have the record of btps but that's just right Now and beside the point.

The point is your free to post as long as its within guidelines freer than any previous era on trcmb. So post away and tell me I suck. Banter is encouraged here you'll see.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard" Empty Re: welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard"

Post by Murphy Green 2014-04-30, 22:03

Did your secretary write that for you? No misspellings, complete sentences, pretty much proper syntax.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard" Empty Re: welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard"

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-30, 22:04

blanch32 wrote:Now that Trevor caved and allowed the soviet ERa to end and allow free off topic discussion again, you can see this place for yourself.

You'll quickly notice all the neat fun play toys we have here.  Some of this will be new and others will remember back to 2009 or whenever was bf the 247 clamp down.  Best part is you'll find owners who address issues in a matter of hours or days and not 3 years.  Nor do they wait until a competing board launches and gets off the ground bf they do anything.

What you will not find is my own personal play space.  One owner already hates me and freely says so.  This is not the intent here nor would that concept even work.  So disregard Trevor's smear campaign over there.  Yes I currently have the record of btps but that's just right Now and beside the point.

The point is your free to post as long as its within guidelines freer than any previous era on trcmb.  So post away and tell me I suck.  Banter is encouraged here you'll see.

Just in case anyone's paying attention, and while I appreciate the sentiment, I want to be clear that there are no owners here.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-04-30, 22:05

Wait are the 2 boards fusing together? Are we going to be more powerful than the Internet?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-30, 22:06

SeeRockCity wrote:
blanch32 wrote:Now that Trevor caved and allowed the soviet ERa to end and allow free off topic discussion again, you can see this place for yourself.

You'll quickly notice all the neat fun play toys we have here.  Some of this will be new and others will remember back to 2009 or whenever was bf the 247 clamp down.  Best part is you'll find owners who address issues in a matter of hours or days and not 3 years.  Nor do they wait until a competing board launches and gets off the ground bf they do anything.

What you will not find is my own personal play space.  One owner already hates me and freely says so.  This is not the intent here nor would that concept even work.  So disregard Trevor's smear campaign over there.  Yes I currently have the record of btps but that's just right Now and beside the point.

The point is your free to post as long as its within guidelines freer than any previous era on trcmb.  So post away and tell me I suck.  Banter is encouraged here you'll see.

Just in case anyone's paying attention, and while I appreciate the sentiment, I want to be clear that there are no owners here.

Why do you hate blanch?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-30, 22:08

Heat Miser wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Why do you hate blanch?

I thought he was talking about you.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-30, 22:13

SeeRockCity wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Why do you hate blanch?

I thought he was talking about you.  

I don't hate blanch. I think he's a shitty poster, and I don't think I'm alone in that opinion, but that's a long way from hate. Hell, I named a smiley after him.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-30, 22:27

Fine maybe hates too strong of a word.

Regards, founders: what's your take on the thread on trcmb discussing this board? Shocked its even allowed? What to clarify anything?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-30, 22:31

blanch32 wrote:Fine maybe hates too strong of a word.  

Regards, founders:  what's your take on the thread on trcmb discussing this board?  Shocked its even allowed?  What to clarify anything?  

Looks like the moderation of that thread is, per usual, extremely one-sided.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-30, 22:43

Heat Miser wrote:
blanch32 wrote:Fine maybe hates too strong of a word.  

Regards, founders:  what's your take on the thread on trcmb discussing this board?  Shocked its even allowed?  What to clarify anything?  

Looks like the moderation of that thread is, per usual, extremely one-sided.

The thread's still up and Moose's posts are still in the thread along with Trevor's quotes. Must have been some other posts deleted?

As far as my take on that thread? I think Trevor knows he's going to have to deal with it at some point or another. He's picking his moments. Good for him. As far as the angst for 247 and Trevor personally, I don't really get it. All I can think of is that it has become a bit of a sport for some.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-04-30, 22:45

SeeRockCity wrote:

The thread's still up and Moose's posts are still in the thread along with Trevor's quotes. Must have been some other posts deleted?

As far as my take on that thread? I think Trevor knows he's going to have to deal with it at some point or another. He's picking his moments. Good for him. As far as the angst for 247 and Trevor personally, I don't really get it. All I can think of is that it has become a bit of a sport for some.

Moose's original post with the quotes got deleted. But he left the part he made quoting it. Moose is being a bit of a tool in there though.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-04-30, 23:00

SeeRockCity wrote:

Because any mention of how shitty the message board was resulted in either huge denial or a ban. That's my problem with it. Trevor went from an independent to a company man, while trying to keep the illusion of being independent. Throw that in with a lot of absences, until there are big problems and it reeks of apathy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-04-30, 23:02

If I had to guess, I'd say that Blach was an only child and received a whole bunch of participation ribbons and trophys.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-04-30, 23:11

This board is doing okay considering it started just as spring football was winding down and it's now "off topic" season.

I don't know of any ignore function but no one is forcing you to open and /or read any threads by any member. Don't like threads started by specific members? Don't open them.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-30, 23:13

GRR Spartan wrote:This board is doing okay considering it started just as spring football was winding down and it's now "off topic" season.

I don't know of any ignore function but no one is forcing you to open and /or read any threads by any member.  Don't like threads started by specific members?  Don't open them.

Check the "Friends & Foes" tab in your profile for the ignore function equivalent.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-04-30, 23:21

SeeRockCity wrote:

And blanch took it upon himself to attention whore and make this about him as usual.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB 2014-04-30, 23:24

pulling69 wrote:

And blanch took it upon himself to attention whore and make this about him as usual.

Yeah, that spastic twat NEVER does that. So outside the box for him.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-30, 23:27

InTenSityX wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

The thread's still up and Moose's posts are still in the thread along with Trevor's quotes.  Must have been some other posts deleted?

As far as my take on that thread?  I think Trevor knows he's going to have to deal with it at some point or another.  He's picking his moments. Good for him.  As far as the angst for 247 and Trevor personally, I don't really get it.  All I can think of is that it has become a bit of a sport for some.

Because any mention of how shitty the message board was resulted in either huge denial or a ban. That's my problem with it. Trevor went from an independent to a company man, while trying to keep the illusion of being independent. Throw that in with a lot of absences, until there are big problems and it reeks of apathy.

Well, he did spend 15+ years babysitting us assholes (me only for 8 or 9). So there is that. And not to pick a fight because I don't want to and because I don't want start looking like an apologist, but honestly, I'm not sure there's much more he can do. Doesn't do him any good to get into a bunch of DSF's with posters about decisions that are made regarding content and moderation etc.

Hell, there's a reason this board exists, I'm on your side. I just don't know that it really does anybody any good to go chasing him down to make a point. I think we essentially agree though.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-04-30, 23:59

SeeRockCity wrote:

Well, he did spend 15+ years babysitting us assholes (me only for 8 or 9).  So there is that.  And not to pick a fight because I don't want to and because I don't want start looking like an apologist, but honestly, I'm not sure there's much more he can do.  Doesn't do him any good to get into a bunch of DSF's with posters about decisions that are made regarding content and moderation etc.  

Hell, there's a reason this board exists, I'm on your side.  I just don't know that it really does anybody any good to go chasing him down to make a point.  I think we essentially agree though.

I want to add something here. I meant to do it in another thread but got sidetracked. If I remember correctly InTenSity, you are the one who posted the "Come at me bro!" adorable pic of your daughter on the old board, no? I don't know TBARNE personally and can't speak for him, but they are relatively new parents. It was a gradual shift, but I know for sure that when my first was born, my priorities shifted in a dramatic fashion. I'm sure you can relate. So maybe TB was looking at all of the maintenance, server issues, etc that came with the old version of the board as a huge pain in his ass that he didn't really have the desire to deal with anymore, because his priorities were shifting. We shouldn't begrudge him for that. Hell I hope he did become apathetic about it. I don't think we're entitled to anything just because we had an internet home for 1-20 or so years. We should stop acting like entitled bitches (not directed at you personally). Let's get our minor gripes out of the way, and move on and be happy that we have a place where we can bullshit about all things MSU. TB has certainly earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants in exchange for providing us that sanctuary for so many years. If it were me, I probably wouldn't care 1/10th as much as he appears to. I would have sold out and never looked back. I'd be like Prince Fielder.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9434574
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-01, 07:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I want to add something here. I meant to do it in another thread but got sidetracked. If I remember correctly InTenSity, you are the one who posted the "Come at me bro!" adorable pic of your daughter on the old board, no? I don't know TBARNE personally and can't speak for him, but they are relatively new parents. It was a gradual shift, but I know for sure that when my first was born, my priorities shifted in a dramatic fashion. I'm sure you can relate. So maybe TB was looking at all of the maintenance, server issues, etc that came with the old version of the board as a huge pain in his ass that he didn't really have the desire to deal with anymore, because his priorities were shifting. We shouldn't begrudge him for that. Hell I hope he did become apathetic about it. I don't think we're entitled to anything just because we had an internet home for 1-20 or so years. We should stop acting like entitled bitches (not directed at you personally). Let's get our minor gripes out of the way, and move on and be happy that we have a place where we can bullshit about all things MSU. TB has certainly earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants in exchange for providing us that sanctuary for so many years. If it were me, I probably wouldn't care 1/10th as much as he appears to. I would have sold out and never looked back. I'd be like Prince Fielder.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9434574

Great post. Just one caveat, Trevor claims it's been 89 years, not 20. welcome Rcmb! not the "blanchboard" 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-01, 07:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Paragraphs, dammit. Remember there are old ****s on this board with short attention spans.

ps. Agree with everything you said. You've been a beacon of moderation and respect for Trevor and the RCMB in multiple threads about this subject. The only thing I have against the current implementation of that board is the wanton disregard for the user experience guided by 247's "developers". I will never have anything but highest regard for Trevor's efforts over the first 17 years of the RCMB.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-01, 07:26

tGreenWay wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say that Blach was an only child and received a whole bunch of participation ribbons and trophys.

I do have a most improved ribbon from 5th grade bball camp
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-01, 07:45

pulling69 wrote:

You graduate from the honors college too?

Guess not since you didn't read the thread over there and Trevor calling me out personally as a way to discredit this site.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-01, 07:47

SeeRockCity wrote:

Well, he did spend 15+ years babysitting us assholes (me only for 8 or 9). So there is that. And not to pick a fight because I don't want to and because I don't want start looking like an apologist, but honestly, I'm not sure there's much more he can do. Doesn't do him any good to get into a bunch of DSF's with posters about decisions that are made regarding content and moderation etc.

Hell, there's a reason this board exists, I'm on your side. I just don't know that it really does anybody any good to go chasing him down to make a point. I think we essentially agree though.

Well for one he can do a far better job at explaining why 247 is a success since the two biggest reasons he gave turned out to be completely false.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-01, 07:52

I see the uninvited are raising a stink on tcock about this board. Posts specifically identifying the swill are deleted by the rods. Boozhoo will never get invited with good reason. As Trevor said the board is evolving. All of the solid posters have left and you have the extremists now running the show for content. Guys like mcmurphy, txspartan, boozhoo, Brodson, victory bell: posters we ridiculed on a daily basis are now the top dogs for the first time in their lives! Trevor attempts to diminish the swill by calling it the blanch board in an attempt to dissuade more defections from tcock. Pretty slick move on his part as he knows blanch is not very popular. The other haters who were not invited are BUTTHURT and just ripping the swill. Good stuff.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-05-01, 07:56

blanch32 wrote:

I do have a most improved ribbon from 5th grade bball camp

No wonder you are such a basketball expert.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-01, 08:32

WBH - I did post the pic of my daughter. Hell I have another pic as my avatar with her in it (sideways though, anyone know how to fix that?).

I was going to reply more to your post with my thoughts, but this place is, for the time being, a healthy alternative with what I'm personally looking for in a mb. That and I got to work and got pissed off at other people instead.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-01, 08:33

blanch32 wrote:

You graduate from the honors college too?

Guess not since you didn't read the thread over there and Trevor calling me out personally as a way to discredit this site.

Let's get one thing straight right now.

He wasn't discrediting this site. He was discrediting you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-01, 08:34

duffy munn wrote:

No wonder you are such a basketball expert.

So you follow the trajectory?

....and tanner I'm the most hated so I drive traffic. So popular? Yes. Well liked? Definitely no. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-01, 08:40

blanch32 wrote:

....and tanner I'm the most hated so I drive traffic.  So popular? Yes.  Well liked?  Definitely no. Lol

I cannot begin to explain the deep rooted, emotional, indifference I have towards you and your threads. Well done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-05-01, 08:43

blanch32 wrote:

....and tanner I'm the most hated so I drive traffic.  So popular? Yes.  Well liked?  Definitely no. Lol

Why are so proud of being hated ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-05-01, 08:53

Los Tres Amigos sounds good for lunch.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by James Dean 2014-05-01, 09:16

Blanch, I liked your old picture better. Who was the fine lady?
James Dean
James Dean
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-01, 09:20

blanch32 wrote:

You're not a martyr.

Don't confuse being hated, with people making fun of you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 247 Tech Support Guy 2014-05-01, 09:41

Hi Guys!  My management informed me that full screen ads are not showing up on your smartphones.  I've been asked to help with that.  That's okay, you don't have to thank me, I just love doing what I do.  Oh, and server reboots will NOT be random.  Management says its way better to schedule that kind of stuff for customer happiness and whatnot.  So, is four times a day cool with you guys?  I'm thinking like every 6 hours on even days of the month, and something else on the odd days, unless its an emergency, or if the ads stop working again.
247 Tech Support Guy
247 Tech Support Guy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-01, 09:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Los Tres Amigos sounds good for lunch.

Which location?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-05-01, 09:56

duffy munn wrote:

Why are so proud of being hated ?

Maybe the need to to known somewhere for something. In this case its college based message boards.

I just know if its one OP wanting to talk guns, another wanting to talk about women or another talking about poop or parrots I'm not opening the thread.

Right now this place is a lot like Trevor's board 10-15 years ago in that dead time between the spring game and fall practice.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-05-01, 10:00

247 Tech Support Guy wrote:Hi Guys!  My management informed me that full screen ads are not showing up on your smartphones.  I've been asked to help with that.  That's okay, you don't have to thank me, I just love doing what I do.  Oh, and server reboots will NOT be random.  Management says its way better to schedule that kind of stuff for customer happiness and whatnot.  So, is four times a day cool with you guys?  I'm thinking like every 6 hours on even days of the month, and something else on the odd days, unless its an emergency, or if the ads stop working again.

this needs moar love.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Jim9 2014-05-01, 10:13

247 Tech Support Guy wrote:Hi Guys!  My management informed me that full screen ads are not showing up on your smartphones.  I've been asked to help with that.  That's okay, you don't have to thank me, I just love doing what I do.  Oh, and server reboots will NOT be random.  Management says its way better to schedule that kind of stuff for customer happiness and whatnot.  So, is four times a day cool with you guys?  I'm thinking like every 6 hours on even days of the month, and something else on the odd days, unless its an emergency, or if the ads stop working again.

I'm in management so I think I can help here! I would schedule downtime to be done during games because everyone is at the game!
Crazy Jim9
Crazy Jim9
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-01, 10:14

NigelUno wrote:

Let's get one thing straight right now.

He wasn't discrediting this site. He was discrediting you.

Not when it's framed as "blanchboard"
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next