Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness

+5
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
WBill
xsanguine
steveschneider
9 posters

Go down

Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness  Empty Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-18, 15:14

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/19/sports/ncaabasketball/beauty-of-ncaa-tournament-may-not-hide-games-warts.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Basketball pig
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness  Empty Re: Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-18, 15:16

Before I opened the link I thought it was about secondary audio programming and how it affects the games.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness  Empty Re: Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness

Post by WBill 2015-03-18, 15:31

■ A shorter 3-point line, narrower lane and smaller restricted area (a semicircle under the basket in which defenders cannot take charges) discourage spacing on offense.

I love that argument. Somehow they think moving the 3 point line and lane further out is going to increase scoring. The defense isn't going to go out and guard someone tightly at a distance the guy is no threat to score from.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-18, 15:34

WBill wrote:■ A shorter 3-point line, narrower lane and smaller restricted area (a semicircle under the basket in which defenders cannot take charges) discourage spacing on offense.

I love that argument. Somehow they think moving the 3 point line and lane further out is going to increase scoring. The defense isn't going to go out and guard someone tightly at a distance the guy is no threat to score from.

They should just revert back to the way the game was two years ago when it was more physical. Everyone was happy back then.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-18, 15:38

Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-18, 15:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy. Low scores and slow games make Vitale a dull boy.

Low Scores & Slow Games Sap March Madness  Jack-nicholson-gif-9
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2015-03-18, 15:49

It's time for a 30 second shot clock. That will increase the pace of play. Scoring suffers because the game is now in a second generation of players who have two skills, 3 point shooting and dunking. Little to no mid range game at all.

Yeah it would be nice if more college teams could play and score like the GS Warriors or last years Spurs, but guess what, very few pro teams can play at that level let alone 18-19 year old college guys.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-18, 15:56

I think they should make picks and screens illegal. Do away with offensive fouls. Make zones illegal. Allow 6 fouls per player instead of 5. Last but not least they should play with a live chinchilla instead of a regulation basketball.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2015-03-18, 20:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think they should make picks and screens illegal. Do away with offensive fouls. Make zones illegal. Allow 6 fouls per player instead of 5. Last but not least they should play with a live chinchilla instead of a regulation basketball.

The chinchilla, totally. The rest, not sure if serious.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-18, 23:32

Chitown_Badger wrote:

The chinchilla, totally. The rest, not sure if serious.

Other than 6 fouls, no. I do like the idea of 6 fouls, though that wouldn't speed the game up. It WOULD allow your best players to stay in games longer.

I do abhor the way the charge is currently called. No offense. Obviously they can't eliminate it, but I'd like to see serious reform to how they call/enforce it.

The chinchilla - I think the idea has serious merit. It would certainly encourage more sharing of the rock, and players would be more eager to shoot earlier in the shot clock. I know the NIT adopted the 30 second shot clock as an experiment this year. Maybe the CBI or perhaps even one of the pre-season tournaments next year could try out the chinchilla ball.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-19, 09:15

I am dreaming of a Wisconsin vs. Virginia championship game. Seriously.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-19, 09:18

WTF is a chinchilla? It sounds like chupacabra.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-19, 10:04

InTenSity wrote:WTF is a chinchilla? It sounds like chupacabra.

Racist
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down