Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?

+7
tanfan!
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Ted Brogan
Turtleneck
xsanguine
DWags
11 posters

Go down

scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?  Empty scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?

Post by DWags Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Just read where we have a kid from West Virginia who shot 42% from the three, then we have Valentine and Forbes. Throw in two big guys who can score there, we have a damn good "inside out" game don't we?

But my questions:

1. Is this the type of team who can run up and down the floor? Is it made for that?

2. Will these guys be able to defend? Will Izzo play man to man again or will he play a zone with the bigs?

3. How does Tum Tum fit in with this team? I have no idea.

I say this team has to be an 8 or 9 on a scale of ten, but I don't know shit about "sets" and defense and inside out and running vs. half court. On paper, they seem impressive.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?  Empty Re: scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Holy shit.

I just found out 5 seconds ago.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?  Empty Re: scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?

Post by DWags Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:15 pm

xsanguine wrote:Holy shit.

And you didn't answer one fucking question of mine.

Blow me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:18 pm

DWags wrote:Just read where we have a kid from West Virginia who shot 42% from the three, then we have Valentine and Forbes. Throw in two big guys who can score there, we have a damn good "inside out" game don't we?

But my questions:

1. Is this the type of team who can run up and down the floor? Is it made for that?

2. Will these guys be able to defend? Will Izzo play man to man again or will he play a zone with the bigs?

I say this team has to be an 8 or 9 on a scale of ten, but I don't know shit about "sets" and defense and inside out and running vs. half court. On paper, they seem impressive.

You just read about Eron Harris?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:22 pm

On a scale of 1 to 10...Izzo.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:24 pm

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Check Eron's insta for some nice dunks
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Just read where we have a kid from West Virginia who shot 42% from the three, then we have Valentine and Forbes. Throw in two big guys who can score there, we have a damn good "inside out" game don't we?

But my questions:

I knew we had this kid, I just read he shot 42% from the three. I didn't know that part. I also know the kid from Missouri wants to come to MSU, but I don't know about his offense yet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:26 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Holy shit.

And you didn't answer one fucking question of mine.

Blow me.

scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?  502811600

I'm drinking the kool aid pretty hard right now. My scale goes to 11...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Impossible to say for my .02.

They will be incredibly deep. But if Izzo's rhetoric and tenure have taught us anything, it's that he wants his best players and his leaders to be his Seniors. Valentine is in line for that, and I know he's got the skillset and the demeanor to do that, but can he cut down on the fuck ups? I don't trust that Costello has the game or personality to lead based on what I've seen thus far (could be affected by bum knees?), and Forbes doesn't have the long term investment in the program really to be a leader.

It's a young, talented and deep team. Will go as far as Denzel can lead them. Not going to be as talented as UNC, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc.

Here's an out of the box prediction. Mark this one down just in case I happen to hit on something.

The team will struggle early to find its chemistry. Probably will endure some ugly losses in December. Might have 1 decent win in the preseason but will lose all of the rest. Start the conference season out strong, but then hit a lull. Will lose a few games to less talented teams. blanch and The_Dude will start posting a lot. Team comes out of the doldrums in late Feb and competes for/wins the reg season conference title and makes a serious run in the B1G Tourney and NCAAs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:37 pm

All we do is win
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Tanfan! wrote:All we do is win

Hey Tanner:

Izzo is a god damn fucking genius isn't he?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:57 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I knew we had this kid, I just read he shot 42% from the three. I didn't know that part. I also know the kid from Missouri wants to come to MSU, but I don't know about his offense yet.

Pretty much what WBH said. Since Davis and Swanigan will be freshman, who knows what they will add. It's hard to tell at this point.

There is no room for the Missouri kid unless somebody leaves the program. Full up on scholarships with Swanigan's commitment.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:58 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
The team will struggle early to find its chemistry. Probably will endure some ugly losses in December. Might have 1 decent win in the preseason but will lose all of the rest. Start the conference season out strong, but then hit a lull. Will lose a few games to less talented teams. blanch and The_Dude will start posting a lot. Team comes out of the doldrums in late Feb and competes for/wins the reg season conference title and makes a serious run in the B1G Tourney and NCAAs.

Bold prediction.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:05 am

scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?  Goes_to_111
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:03 am

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:All we do is win

Hey Tanner:

Izzo is a god damn fucking genius isn't he?

I'd like to see a seven foot center with silly stars to walk through the door to clog the middle. Izzo needs to teach his kids not to foul next year. If say izzo is brilliant but coach k is a genius.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:11 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Impossible to say for my .02.

They will be incredibly deep. But if Izzo's rhetoric and tenure have taught us anything, it's that he wants his best players and his leaders to be his Seniors. Valentine is in line for that, and I know he's got the skillset and the demeanor to do that, but can he cut down on the fuck ups? I don't trust that Costello has the game or personality to lead based on what I've seen thus far (could be affected by bum knees?), and Forbes doesn't have the long term investment in the program really to be a leader.

It's a young, talented and deep team. Will go as far as Denzel can lead them. Not going to be as talented as UNC, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc.

Here's an out of the box prediction. Mark this one down just in case I happen to hit on something.

8 seed still?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:51 am

But my questions:

1. Team will run up and down the floor. My goodness. If Davis & Swanigan can't keep up, they're going to be watching. (I bet they can keep up, though.)

2. Izzo is made to teach man, and the team will pick it up eventually. (Again, the frosh will be the big question marks, but Davis sure likes to block. Nice fill-in for Branden, as far as that goes.) Expect the team to trend up in the NCAA's, just like it did this year.

3. Tum Tum adds ridiculous speed and leadership in droves. If he adds any kind of shot -- be it a 3-pointer, a teardrop, a mid-range jumper, anything -- over the summer, he is going to be the engine that drives this team to the championship. If he doesn't, well -- it is silly to think of such a question, as the likelihood it will happen is so minimal. Did you see the kid crying on the bench at the end of the Duke game? Kid's working right now, while you and I sit on our asses.

Oh, and -- scale of 1 to 10, just how good will this basketball team be next year?  1896033241
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down