Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night

+2
AMwood
tGreenWay
6 posters

Go down

Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night Empty Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-13, 15:01

It's a little indy film with a few pretty big stars in it. I enjoyed it. It won't be for everybody, but it's not a heavyweight script. If you were a fan of Little Miss Sunshine then you might enjoy this.
Scarlett J and Sophie Vergara were effing hot, as usual. And I'm so hungry now for a Cuban sandwich.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night Empty Re: Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night

Post by AMwood 2015-05-13, 15:03

i liked it. and yes, it left me hungry for cuban food.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night Empty Re: Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-13, 15:05

AMwood wrote:i liked it. and yes, it left me hungry for cuban food.

Are there any Cuban-related restaurants around Lansing? I could've sworn I drove past a strip mall with a Cuban Sandwiches sign buried among a sea of signs, but I was in traffic and didn't think any more of it because I was in a hurry. Now, I can't remember where I saw it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-05-13, 15:18

i don't know of any place in lansing. but vicente's in downtown detroit is pretty good.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-13, 15:27

AMwood wrote:i don't know of any place in lansing. but vicente's in downtown detroit is pretty good.

Yep. Heading there in a few weeks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-13, 15:27

Crappy movie unless you enjoy the emotion of hunger
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-05-13, 15:31

thank you gene siskel.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-13, 15:32

AMwood wrote:thank you gene siskel.

Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night 502811600 Bleach and Siskel both had/have brain trauma.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-13, 15:58

I watched that movie a few months ago and enjoyed it. Good story. Totally unbelievable.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-13, 16:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:I watched that movie a few months ago and enjoyed it. Good story. Totally unbelievable.

Complete fiction, but props to Favreau for writing himself as the guy Scarlett and Sophie bang or want to bang.

I especially enjoyed his meltdown. You just know that every real chef watching that scene was talking back to the screen. Yeah! Fuck yeah!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-13, 16:11

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I watched that movie a few months ago and enjoyed it. Good story. Totally unbelievable.

Complete fiction, but props to Favreau for writing himself as the guy Scarlett and Sophie bang or want to bang.

I especially enjoyed his meltdown. You just know that every real chef watching that scene was talking back to the screen. Yeah! Fuck yeah!

I love how it turns out that Oliver Platt's character winds up being a benefactor.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-13, 16:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I love how it turns out that Oliver Platt's character winds up being a benefactor.

Exactly. It was that ending that made me think of the entire thing as a cute little indy instead of a good little indy. They wrapped it all up with too neat of a bow, which made it less believable.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-05-14, 00:05

tGreenWay wrote:

Are there any Cuban-related restaurants around Lansing? I could've sworn I drove past a strip mall with a Cuban Sandwiches sign buried among a sea of signs, but I was in traffic and didn't think any more of it because I was in a hurry. Now, I can't remember where I saw it.

Jose's Cuban Sandwich & Deli?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-05-14, 09:32

tGreenWay wrote:

Finally watched Chef w/Jon Favreau last night Cuban-Pulled-Pork-from-Subway
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down