Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India

+8
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Snake Plissken
12 posters

Go down

Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India Empty Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-13, 19:32

Fucking cocksucker. I'm done being nice to these bastards. I want revenge. How do they prey on old people and convince them they can tell there's a virus and should pay them to remove it? They are even calling my cell now. Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 1896033241
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India Empty Re: Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-13, 20:27

Just block the phone number
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India Empty Re: Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-13, 20:30

The Pantry wrote:Just block the phone number
It showed up as 9798. That's it. I should never have answered but it's a work phone and I have people call me from all over the world so I can't risk not answering a call.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-05-13, 20:46

Snake Plissken wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Just block the phone number
It showed up as 9798. That's it. I should never have answered but it's a work phone and I have people call me from all over the world so I can't risk not answering a call.
Well aren't you just fucking special
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-13, 20:49

Bad day for Indians and the Internet in my book. I had add about dozen very large IPV4 address blocks assigned to India in our corporate firewall this morning after I found about 1,000 overnight probes against our SMTP server. I hate that fucking shit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-13, 20:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
I work with the military so I have people that are deployed in countries all of the world and they seem to have my cell #. It's not as glamorous as you make it sound.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-05-13, 21:01

Snake Plissken wrote:
I work with the military so I have people that are deployed in countries all of the world and they seem to have my cell #. It's not as glamorous as you make it sound.
I still think you're special.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-05-13, 21:46

Snake Plissken wrote:
I still think you're special.

Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 5e55bc18-85d0-11de-9868-001cc4c03286.image
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-13, 21:54

I've never met a virus that SpyHunter couldn't fix. It costs $$ but after some of the debacles I've been through I happily ante up the $40/year.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-05-13, 22:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've never met a virus that SpyHunter couldn't fix. It costs $$ but after some of the debacles I've been through I happily ante up the $40/year.

Is that the game I used to play on my commodore?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-13, 22:17

Unfortunately not. I loved that game. Oil slick ftw.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-13, 22:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've never met a virus that SpyHunter couldn't fix. It costs $$ but after some of the debacles I've been through I happily ante up the $40/year.
I don't have a damn virus Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 4198636888 Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 4198636888
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-13, 22:38

My neighbor got duped. I forget how it started, but it's been a pita for me. I had to buy her a new hard drive, reinstall as much as possible but was unable to duplicate her setup. They called her for a few days. I basically told her to turn her computer off and disconnect it from the internet.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-13, 22:40

Snake Plissken wrote:
I don't have a damn virus Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 4198636888 Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 4198636888

The key is reading comprehension. I am impatient and sometimes I lack it.

But still...Spyhunter rules.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-13, 22:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:I don't have a damn virus Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 4198636888 Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 4198636888

The key is reading comprehension. I am impatient and sometimes I lack it.

But still...Spyhunter rules.
I'll remember that Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 502811600

It's frustrating that these guys call constantly and claim they know you have a virus. I could see them calling my Mom and convincing her she needed to give them access to her computer. It's cyber attacking older people that don't know any better.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-13, 22:50

InTenSity wrote:My neighbor got duped. I forget how it started, but it's been a pita for me. I had to buy her a new hard drive, reinstall as much as possible but was unable to duplicate her setup. They called her for a few days. I basically told her to turn her computer off and disconnect it from the internet.
It's sad that crap like this happens. I'd like to punch these guys in the throat.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-05-14, 06:17

Just tell them you don't have an internet connection when they call.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-05-14, 06:18

InTenSity wrote:My neighbor got duped. I forget how it started, but it's been a pita for me. I had to buy her a new hard drive, reinstall as much as possible but was unable to duplicate her setup. They called her for a few days. I basically told her to turn her computer off and disconnect it from the internet.

Pics of the neighbor please.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-05-14, 06:59

Snake Plissken wrote:Fucking cocksucker. I'm done being nice to these bastards. I want revenge. How do they prey on old people and convince them they can tell there's a virus and should pay them to remove it? They are even calling my cell now. Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 1896033241

I'll explain or after you post your credit card info.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-05-14, 07:05

Jake from State Farm wrote:Just tell them you don't have an internet connection when they call.

My buddy pretended to follow their directions with a southern accent for like 10 minutes. Finally the con man asked what he was seeing.

"Where?"

"On your monitor."

"What monitor?"

"The computer monitor."

"Computer?"

"Yes."

"Shoot! I ain't even got a computer!"

The Indian con man actually laughed.

Another buddy read them the riot act because his BiL had been duped (but stopped short of giving them a CC number). The Indian con man called him an idiot hung up.

In related news, an Indian IRS employee called my house yesterday saying I needed to call back about a very serious matter. LOL
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-14, 07:39

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

In related news, an Indian IRS employee called my house yesterday saying I needed to call back about a very serious matter. LOL

Call him back ASAP Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 502811600
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-14, 08:18

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Pics of the neighbor please.
She's a 70 something German lady. I'll see what I can muster up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-05-14, 19:00

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Just tell them you don't have an internet connection when they call.

My buddy pretended to follow their directions with a southern accent for like 10 minutes. Finally the con man asked what he was seeing.

"Where?"

"On your monitor."

"What monitor?"

"The computer monitor."

"Computer?"

"Yes."

"Shoot! I ain't even got a computer!"

The Indian con man actually laughed.

Another buddy read them the riot act because his BiL had been duped (but stopped short of giving them a CC number). The Indian con man called him an idiot hung up.

I told one of them that I'd have to run out to the barn and fire up the generator and that I had to go get gas for it first. I left him hanging on the phone for 30 minutes before he hung up. He called back and I told him I had an Apple operating system when he told me to click on the start button. I ended up wasting an hour or so of their time.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-14, 22:18

Jake from State Farm wrote:
I told one of them that I'd have to run out to the barn and fire up the generator and that I had to go get gas for it first. I left him hanging on the phone for 30 minutes before he hung up. He called back and I told him I had an Apple operating system when he told me to click on the start button. I ended up wasting an hour or so of their time.
I'll try that next time instead of going the "you can't possible see my computer you cocksucker...fuck you" route. It sounds more fun.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools 2015-05-15, 15:17

Snake Plissken wrote:Fucking cocksucker. I'm done being nice to these bastards. I want revenge. How do they prey on old people and convince them they can tell there's a virus and should pay them to remove it? They are even calling my cell now. Oh great...the Windows repair guy just called me again and apparently he can tell I have a virus from his computer in India 1896033241

Tell him you don't think you have a virus, but say, "Hey, while I've got you on the line, I've got a couple of cellphone questions for you."
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-15, 16:00

Stop downloading all of that barbie porn.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-15, 23:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Stop downloading all of that barbie porn.
Make me
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down