Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I fuckin hate LinkdIn

+8
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Brock Middlebrook
LoneWolfSparty
Robert J Sakimano
Ass Dan
steveschneider
Rocinante
12 posters

Go down

I fuckin hate LinkdIn Empty I fuckin hate LinkdIn

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-14, 11:53

Seriously. It's the worst. And no I'm not looking for a job.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I fuckin hate LinkdIn Empty Re: I fuckin hate LinkdIn

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-14, 12:01

I'm not on it, but I should be. It's a great way to get job offers and its pretty much the way people find jobs these days.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-14, 12:09

I use indeed, it's been great to me. LinkedIn is essentially a requirement at this point
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-14, 12:11

I've heard of it.. that has to count for something.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-05-14, 12:16

All social media is the debil.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-05-14, 12:19

Ass Dan wrote:I use indeed, it's been great to me. LinkedIn is essentially a requirement at this point

Don't deny, you use it to connect w/hot chicks
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-14, 12:22

LoneWolfSparty wrote:All social media is the debil.

Is tSwill social media?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-14, 12:40

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:I use indeed, it's been great to me. LinkedIn is essentially a requirement at this point

I went to Michigan, what hot chvvicks am i going to connect with?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-05-14, 12:52

Ass Dan wrote:
Brock Middlebrook wrote:

I went to Michigan, what hot chvvicks am i going to connect with?

That's precisely why you need LinkedIn
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-14, 13:28

It's not great. It's more invasive than Google, and Facebook.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-14, 13:39

Rocinante wrote:It's not great. It's more invasive than Google, and Facebook.

Invasive? Welcome to the 21st century. All of your personal information, purchases, phone calls, spending habbits, etc are being tracked, sold and studied.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-14, 14:06

I take it that you just invited every person you even emailed including whores to join your network?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-14, 14:10

Blanch32 wrote:

I take it that you just invited every person you even emailed including whores to join your network?

No but it tries harder than any program I've ever used to essentially trick you into giving it your contacts from any software you have that has other user information. It's a data mining program. And you aren't using it. It's using you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-14, 14:18

I'm considering deleting my LinkedIn account. Too aggressive and I never use it. If I was single I would keep it, because I can see how it would work well for checking out hot women. Of course, then they know you've been checking them out.
I fuckin hate LinkdIn 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-14, 14:25

steveschneider wrote:

Invasive? Welcome to the 21st century. All of your personal information, purchases, phone calls, spending habbits, etc are being tracked, sold and studied.

That's a sellout answer. A lot of data mining is out of our hands. This is commoditization of user's data cloaked in "helping". It's more insidious in some way. And icky.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-14, 14:36

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

That's a sellout answer. A lot of data mining is out of our hands. This is commoditization of user's data cloaked in "helping". It's more insidious in some way. And icky.

Damnit! Now I want to dance and get me some cold cuts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-05-14, 14:43

I don't even have a linkedin account and I get 3 to 4 spam messages per week on my work email from people wanting to add me to their network. I was just online looking into why I keep getting all this spam when I don't have an account. Just to be sure that an account wasn't created for me, I checked my work email address on their system and it reported that no acount exists. Then I read that the linked in app has access to your device's contact list by default and that you have to specifically disable that access. The linkedin app then uses the contact list to expand the user's network by sending spam.

That is the only thing that makes sense to me. I don't get any linkedin spam on my gmail account, just my work email, and since I have no linkedin account, it only makes sense that people's phone's contact lists are being abused by linked in. I called one of the people from whom I got linkedin spam and they claim that they weren't aware that it was happening and never sent me anything from their linkedin account. I believe him because some of the requests I get are from people I've never met.

I can't stand linkedin and I don't even use it. And, based on the way it appears to work, I don't think I ever will.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-14, 14:49

I am in complete agreement with you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-14, 15:56

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Sellout answer? How is it selling out if its impossible to avoid? Just about everything we all do electronically is tracked and monitored, it's just a fact of life. 1984 is happening right now.

Look I already stated I'm not on Linkedin but I do see value to it. A lot of recruiters mine the site for candidates. I'm probably missing out on 1000's by missing out on opportunities.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-14, 15:59

I hate it. It hasn't done anything to help me land a job (and it seems like the industries I've worked in and want to work in aren't really on LinkedIn) and all it does is spam me with emails and make me feel anxious because the lack of offers/effectiveness makes me anxious about being a terrible job candidate.

Fuck LinkedIn. I hate how it's become a requirement now.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-14, 16:23

HT wrote:I hate it. It hasn't done anything to help me land a job (and it seems like the industries I've worked in and want to work in aren't really on LinkedIn) and all it does is spam me with emails and make me feel anxious because the lack of offers/effectiveness makes me anxious about being a terrible job candidate.

I don't have any problems with Linked In, but speaking of requirements, FUCK FACEBOOK. I don't have a Facebook account, and because I don't, I can't post comments on websites like the freep and Detroit News to argue with walverines. Fuck all the lazy websites that make you log in with a fucking Facebook account.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-05-14, 16:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:
HT wrote:I hate it. It hasn't done anything to help me land a job (and it seems like the industries I've worked in and want to work in aren't really on LinkedIn) and all it does is spam me with emails and make me feel anxious because the lack of offers/effectiveness makes me anxious about being a terrible job candidate.

I don't have any problems with Linked In, but speaking of requirements, FUCK FACEBOOK. I don't have a Facebook account, and because I don't, I can't post comments on websites like the freep and Detroit News to argue with walverines. Fuck all the lazy websites that make you log in with a fucking Facebook account.

That would be frustrating, but why not make up a dummy account?
Personally, I love fb b/c I'm so much more in touch with the lives of family and friends. True, there's a bunch of people I couldn't care less about, but I put them on ignore and never give them any thought.
Try this for a fake name: Burt Harbinson.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-14, 17:26

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't have any problems with Linked In, but speaking of requirements, FUCK FACEBOOK. I don't have a Facebook account, and because I don't, I can't post comments on websites like the freep and Detroit News to argue with walverines.  Fuck all the lazy websites that make you log in with a fucking Facebook account.

Personally, I love fb b/c I'm so much more in touch with the lives of family and friends. True, there's a bunch of people I couldn't care less about, but I put them on ignore and never give them any thought.

Max Power would be my choice.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-05-14, 17:44

HT wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Max Power would be my choice.

I fuckin hate LinkdIn 502811600

Master Bates
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-14, 18:01

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Sellout answer? How is it selling out if its impossible to avoid? Just about everything we all do electronically is tracked and monitored, it's just a fact of life. 1984 is happening right now.

Look I already stated I'm not on Linkedin but I do see value to it. A lot of recruiters mine the site for candidates. I'm probably missing out on 1000's by missing out on opportunities.

Yes. Sellout because you're basically excusing a misrepresented piece of software that bills itself as a social network while it goes above and beyond to swipe data and sell it because everybody's doing it. But I would contend that what LinkedIn does is worse.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-14, 18:26

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You make it sound as if, even after reading my posts for a few years now, you think I'm smart enough to devise the fake Facebook account scheme all on my own.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down