Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

247 National Recruiting Expert says MSU #9 recruiting class, BUT -- Jesus Harbaugh's coming

+5
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
SpartanInNH
9 posters

Go down

V.I.P 247 National Recruiting Expert says MSU #9 recruiting class, BUT -- Jesus Harbaugh's coming

Post by SpartanInNH Sat May 16, 2015 9:41 am

Christ, you can't make this shit up.

Michigan State football's top 10 recruiting ranking is well deserved, says J.C. Shurburtt, the national recruiting director for 247sports....

Scout.com has Michigan State's 2016 recruiting class ranked No. 8, while Rivals.com and 247sports.com have the Spartans No. 9 through Friday afternoon.

Shurburtt said Michigan State will need to be competitive recruiting within the state lines with new Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh if the Spartans want to finish with a top 10-ranked class.

"I think Michigan will have some momentum with Jim Harbaugh there,'' Shurburtt said. "Michigan hired a coach that's a lot like the Michigan State coach, to where your recruiting ranking really doesn't matter, because he's going to get a guy that he can develop and things like that.

"Jim Harbaugh ... is a personnel expert, he's a genius, really, when it comes to that, and so is Mark Dantonio. So within the state, (MSU) is going to battle for the top prospects, you've always got to get your share, that's a reality for any program.''

MSU must close strong in-state to finish in top 10

He's a genius, really. October 17th can't come quickly enough. I wanna see Genius's head explode.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: 247 National Recruiting Expert says MSU #9 recruiting class, BUT -- Jesus Harbaugh's coming

Post by steveschneider Sat May 16, 2015 9:45 am

It's comical at this point. I go to the Freep about 1x a day and everythime there at least 3 Harbaugh articles on the main page. There's NO way this guy is going to live up to the unrealistic hype and expectations.

This is really about nostalgia for the myth of Bo, and I'm convinced that **** would never have made it in the age of social media.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: 247 National Recruiting Expert says MSU #9 recruiting class, BUT -- Jesus Harbaugh's coming

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat May 16, 2015 9:48 am

Harbaugh is off eating bananas and he thinks State has to stay competitive with that?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat May 16, 2015 9:53 am

steveschneider wrote:It's comical at this point. I go to the Freep about 1x a day and everythime there at least 3 Harbaugh articles on the main page. There's NO way this guy is going to live up to the unrealistic hype and expectations.

This is really about nostalgia for the myth of Bo, and I'm convinced that **** would never have made it in the age of social media.

I am going to punch a hole in the wall before the game, that much is clear.

Let's pick this shit apart, shall we?

A) Recruiting ranking doesn't matter, because, like Dantonio, Harbaugh can develop talent.

B) This gives Michigan momentum in recruiting.

C) Harbaugh is a personnel expert.

D) MSU will now have a battle on their hands for in-state recruiting because of it.

So: recruiting rankings don't matter, because Harbaugh can develop talent. This means that MSU has a battle on their hands with Harbaugh at the helm. Because he's the same. And momentum.

I always want to crush those fuckers, but I want to go into the Big Hole this year and leave them dust. I want Devin Gardner to have flashbacks and weep. I want no handshakes at midfield because the scUM team is all seeking medical attention.

Fuckers.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat May 16, 2015 10:03 am

SpartanInNH wrote:
steveschneider wrote:It's comical at this point. I go to the Freep about 1x a day and everythime there at least 3 Harbaugh articles on the main page. There's NO way this guy is going to live up to the unrealistic hype and expectations.

A) Recruiting ranking doesn't matter, because, like Dantonio, Harbaugh can develop talent.

D) MSU will now have a battle on their hands for in-state recruiting because of it.

So: recruiting rankings don't matter, because Harbaugh can develop talent. This means that MSU has a battle on their hands with Harbaugh at the helm. Because he's the same. And momentum.

I always want to crush those fuckers, but I want to go into the Big Hole this year and leave them dust. I want Devin Gardner to have flashbacks and weep. I want no handshakes at midfield because the scUM team is all seeking medical attention.

Fuckers.

I've said it many times before, the analysis for college football is so bad it makes my head hurt. What kind of qualifications does it even take to be an expert at 247?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat May 16, 2015 10:20 am

And meanwhile, per the Sports page at the Freep (won't click on the link and feed those bastards a reason to ramp up their scUM coverage even more), where is Harbaugh, with all this "momentum"? In Peru.

This asshole is going straight JLS. I wish the scUMmers well with their wet dream.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat May 16, 2015 10:41 am

steveschneider wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Fuckers.

I've said it many times before, the analysis for college football is so bad it makes my head hurt. What kind of qualifications does it even take to be an expert at 247?

"...because he's going to get a guy that he can develop and things like that."

And things like that 247 National Recruiting Expert says MSU #9 recruiting class, BUT -- Jesus Harbaugh's coming 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 10:58 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:Harbaugh is off eating bananas and he thinks State has to stay competitive with that?

I've been laughing about this all morning. There's an article on MLive about Harblow being in Peru and the slappies are ecstatic over what a great guy he is. I'm happy he's there too and not up here recruiting. Can you imagine what they'd be saying right now if Hoke had remained coach and went to Peru on a lollygagging trip?

They are absolutely convinced he can do no wrong, it's going to be fun to watch the slow melt down of a 5-7 season hit. There will be justification after justification about him needing to get his players in the system. The next year will be the youth and inexperience excuse. Year 3 might bring the slow realization of deja vu all over again.

I can't wait.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat May 16, 2015 11:23 am

the fuck is he doing in Peru? I thought the guy was a "jackhammer" and never stopped working?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat May 16, 2015 11:26 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:the fuck is he doing in Peru? I thought the guy was a "jackhammer" and never stopped working?

He is on a mission (the religious variety). I suspect God wants him to offer scholarships to several hundred Peruvian soccer players.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat May 16, 2015 11:39 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

"...because he's going to get a guy that he can develop and things like that."

And things like that 247 National Recruiting Expert says MSU #9 recruiting class, BUT -- Jesus Harbaugh's coming 502811600

lol lol Yep, it's "things like that" that gives harbaugh the ultimate edge. Hard to compete with a program that is so good at "things like that"
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sat May 16, 2015 9:17 pm

I really hope Harbaugh ends up working out like JLS did for us.

Unfortunately, I think it'll be 8-4 and the hype train will keep rolling, but damn it's fun to dream.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat May 16, 2015 9:30 pm

These hype fuck heads are running out of "but just wait" type things.

Just wait till Michigan gets a Michigan man in.,, oops

Just wait till J. Ira and Nick Harris Family Head Coach Brady Hoke, gets those croots going.... Oops
Just wait till Harbaugh comes and gets all kinds of kids wanting to play for him.... Oops

Just wait till he develops his plan c kids....

Whatever. DANTONIO is our coach. Fuck em.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun May 17, 2015 1:31 am

Dantonio at his best is a better coach than harbaugh at his best.

That's my firm belief. Dantonio won a national championship, jeem finished runner up in a few events. Color me unimpressed
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Sun May 17, 2015 9:18 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:the fuck is he doing in Peru? I thought the guy was a "jackhammer" and never stopped working?

Peru is only his latest campaign stop on a ever expaning publicity tour. He is going kiss some babies and do some recruiting at a local prison.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun May 17, 2015 10:52 am

Green Note wrote:

Peru is only his latest campaign stop on a ever expaning publicity tour. He is going kiss some babies and do some recruiting at a local prison.

Looking for hidden gold?

Who Did This to Peru's Jungle?
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down