Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Millen to the B1GTen

+7
SpartanInNH
Rodeo Burger
HT
Code_Warrior
Ass Dan
steveschneider
Turtleneck
11 posters

Go down

Matt Millen to the B1GTen Empty Matt Millen to the B1GTen

Post by Guest 2015-05-25, 14:54

Michigan and Michigan State fans are united for once!! We all hate this SOB.

Matt Millen is leaving ESPN to return to Fox Sports, the media company where he rose to be the No. 2 NFL announcer at the turn of the century, according to several sources.

The longtime football analyst will become the lead football analyst for the Big Ten Network, paired with Kevin Kugler. Glen Mason was paired with Kugler as the network’s top game analyst last season.

Millen also will participate on Fox Sports 1 studio shows around college football and the NFL. The long-term deal gives him the opportunity to do NFL and college games on Fox’s broadcast channel.

Fox Sports owns 51 percent of the Big Ten Network.

Matt Millen leaving ESPN, will return to Fox Sports
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Matt Millen to the B1GTen Empty Re: Matt Millen to the B1GTen

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-25, 14:59

So glad I do not get the BTN. I will listen to a game on the Internet before watching it on a network that employs Matt Millen. He has no business getting paid to talk about football.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-25, 15:03

Penn State just got a ton of on air fan support. This is a big win for them.

I'm surprised Wisconsin doesn't have a cfb 'analyst' on air hyping up their school yet.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-25, 15:04

You have got to be fucking kidding me
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-25, 15:12

steveschneider wrote:

I'm surprised Wisconsin doesn't have a cfb 'analyst' on air hyping up their school yet.

They had one when the BTN first aired but he flopped.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-25, 15:27

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

They had one when the BTN first aired but he flopped.
Matt Millen to the B1GTen 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-05-25, 15:35

Matt Millen set a standard of failure that may never be seen again. Just how badly does someone have to fail to be utterly discredited?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-25, 15:46

Code_Warrior wrote:Matt Millen set a standard of failure that may never be seen again. Just how badly does someone have to fail to be utterly discredited?

I think that's just the benefit of being from a blue blood program. Look at herbstreet and Desmond both are morons and are game day "experts".
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-25, 16:28

Code_Warrior wrote:Matt Millen set a standard of failure that may never be seen again.  Just how badly does someone have to fail to be utterly discredited?

I have no clue, but it amazes me how he got any kind of football-related job after his run with the Lions.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-25, 16:32

steveschneider wrote:Penn State just got a ton of on air fan support. This is a big win for them.

They don't have much of a tradition pre-Alvarez and it's not like they've had any standout players that weren't lineman or RBs, and it doesn't seem like either of those position groups produce many good analysts.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-05-25, 16:55

Millen has always been very good as an analyst. He was also the worst GM in the history of pro sports, but at least he's back to doing what he does best.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-25, 17:20

HT wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Penn State just got a ton of on air fan support. This is a big win for them.

They don't have much of a tradition pre-Alvarez and it's not like they've had any standout players that weren't lineman or RBs, and it doesn't seem like either of those position groups produce many good analysts.

Perhaps russel Wilson?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-25, 19:55

steveschneider wrote:
HT wrote:

Perhaps russel Wilson?

I could see him doing that, but it'll be a long time before that happens.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-05-25, 20:57

Fuck.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2015-05-25, 21:15

For all you sorry bastards bitching and moaning about Millen, keep in mind he's made more money than everyone on this board, laid more hot women than anyone on here and makes a living doing what he loves, which is also better than anyone on this board.

Matt Millen is a 'Merican' fucking hero. Living the life, even tho' he sucked ass doing it. We should all be so lucky. I say celebrate the Millen in all of us cheers Who's with me?
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-25, 21:20

Frank Ricard wrote:For all you sorry bastards bitching and moaning about Millen, keep in mind he's made more money than everyone on this board, laid more hot women than anyone on here and makes a living doing what he loves, which is also better than anyone on this board.

Matt Millen is a 'Merican' fucking hero. Living the life, even tho' he sucked ass doing it. We should all be so lucky. I say celebrate the Millen in all of us cheers Who's with me?

Lets give him one more chance running the Lions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-05-25, 21:34

Frank Ricard wrote:For all you sorry bastards bitching and moaning about Millen, keep in mind he's made more money than everyone on this board, laid more hot women than anyone on here and makes a living doing what he loves, which is also better than anyone on this board.

Matt Millen to the B1GTen 13546505-standard
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-25, 22:35

Matt Millen is a 'Merican' fucking hero.  Living the life, even tho' he sucked ass doing it.  We should all be so lucky.  I say celebrate the Millen in all of us cheers   Who's with me?

And to Rodeo, who proclaims him to be "a very good analyst", I disagree. He talks too much. Some media types have always hyped him as a good analyst, but I've always thought he talks too much and tries too hard to sound intelligent. And that's not even the fundamental problem he has.

The fundamental problem is that, at its core, the role of a color commentator/analyst is to provide a level of expertise/insight on the game that those at home would not otherwise gain with just the voice of the play by play guy.

And yet, Matt Millen has an extended body of work proving that he is, in fact, an absolute imbecile with no knowledge of the game other than how to play it. And let's give him credit, he played it well. However, his absolute level of never-achieved-before-buffoonery as a non-player is unprecedented in its failure. Blanch literally could not have made worse decisions had he been in charge of a NFL franchise.

So why do I want to listen to this guy provide expertise on a football game when he has clearly demonstrated that he has none?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-25, 22:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Matt Millen is a 'Merican' fucking hero.  Living the life, even tho' he sucked ass doing it.  We should all be so lucky.  I say celebrate the Millen in all of us cheers   Who's with me?

And to Rodeo, who proclaims him to be "a very good analyst", I disagree. He talks too much. Some media types have always hyped him as a good analyst, but I've always thought he talks too much and tries too hard to sound intelligent. And that's not even the fundamental problem he has.

The fundamental problem is that, at its core, the role of a color commentator/analyst is to provide a level of expertise/insight on the game that those at home would not otherwise gain with just the voice of the play by play guy.

And yet, Matt Millen has an extended body of work proving that he is, in fact, an absolute imbecile with no knowledge of the game other than how to play it. And let's give him credit, he played it well. However, his absolute level of never-achieved-before-buffoonery as a non-player is unprecedented in its failure. Blanch literally could not have made worse decisions had he been in charge of a NFL franchise.

So why do I want to listen to this guy provide expertise on a football game when he has clearly demonstrated that he has none?

His analysis next year is going to be "Franklin is bringing great energy to this program." "He's doing a great job recruiting" "he should have penn state competing for championships"....he's just going to be a penn state fan with a tv broadcast mic in front of his face.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-25, 22:53

^^

Yup, that's true, as well. Abomination of a hire by BTN.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-25, 23:34

Maybe it's just me but Millen doesn't pissed me off hardly at all. Was he one of the worst GM's of all time? Sure, but it was for the Lions. What happens to the Lions doesn't bother me too much. I guess i'm just conditioned to not get too excited over what happens with one of the worst franchises in all of sports.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down