Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft

4 posters

Go down

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft Empty Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:14 pm

GreenandWhite.com@LSJGreenWhite 4m4 minutes ago
The Tigers have selected MSU outfielder Cam Gibson in the 5th round of the MLB Draft. Background from @chrissolari http://on.lsj.com/1FFc8so
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft Empty Re: Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Congrats to Cam and Gibby.

Just another reason for this poster to feel OTD.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft Empty Re: Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Oh, I thought maybe they drafted...

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft 2efd9e6ae25252076bf5800250c1baaa
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Krill to the Yankees in the 9th, 273rd overall.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:05 am

Decades pass, and the Tigers become part of a family's fabric. It is this way for fans. It can be this way even for players, especially when your name is Gibson.
So much repeat history was made Tuesday when the Tigers picked Cam Gibson, a 21-year-old outfielder at Michigan State, in the fifth round of the 2015 big-league draft.
Cam's moment came 37 years to the month after his dad, Kirk, who also played outfield and did some hitting for the Spartans, signed with the Tigers following an improbable, and somewhat spontaneous, three-month baseball career in East Lansing.
"Yeah, it's pretty sentimental," Cam said Tuesday as he spoke from the family home in Grosse Pointe Farms. "You think about it. You could say that — that it's kind of sentimental.
"I only know I'm going to do everything I can — every single thing I can — to reach that ultimate goal, which I've wanted to do since I was a little kid. And that was to win a World Series and, in the back of my mind, to win a World Series for the Tigers."

'Intense' Cam Gibson, son of Kirk, drafted by hometown Tigers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:44 pm

All the Tiger's picks including 3 Spartans and Bill Freehan's grandson.

Draft capsules for each of the Detroit Tigers’ picks in the MLB First-Year Player Draft
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Decades pass, and the Tigers become part of a family's fabric. It is this way for fans. It can be this way even for players, especially when your name is Gibson.
So much repeat history was made Tuesday when the Tigers picked Cam Gibson, a 21-year-old outfielder at Michigan State, in the fifth round of the 2015 big-league draft.
Cam's moment came 37 years to the month after his dad, Kirk, who also played outfield and did some hitting for the Spartans, signed with the Tigers following an improbable, and somewhat spontaneous, three-month baseball career in East Lansing.
"Yeah, it's pretty sentimental," Cam said Tuesday as he spoke from the family home in Grosse Pointe Farms. "You think about it. You could say that — that it's kind of sentimental.
"I only know I'm going to do everything I can — every single thing I can — to reach that ultimate goal, which I've wanted to do since I was a little kid. And that was to win a World Series and, in the back of my mind, to win a World Series for the Tigers."

'Intense' Cam Gibson, son of Kirk, drafted by hometown Tigers

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft B5f16ed30ba6948acccd4b96a5c7bdb1
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Darren Rovell‏Verified account @darrenrovell
More
This Date In 1979: Kirk Gibson turns down NFL's St. Louis Cardinals, says he'll stick with Tigers & baseball

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft DBumV6ZUwAAKToi
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Darren Rovell‏Verified account @darrenrovell
More
This Date In 1979: Kirk Gibson turns down NFL's St. Louis Cardinals, says he'll stick with Tigers & baseball

Tigers select another Gibson in the MLB draft DBumV6ZUwAAKToi
Damn. The football contract maxing out at 65K in year 4. Gibby made the right decision.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:29 pm

This year's draft news...
Tigers grab RHP Alex Faedo, slugger Reynaldo Rivera in draft

What they’re saying: Tigers’ top pick Alex Faedo

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Cam Gibson looks to cut swath through Tigers’ crowded OF pool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down