Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking the Houston Astros

4 posters

Go down

FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking the Houston Astros Empty FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking the Houston Astros

Post by Giant Moose Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 15:02

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors are investigating whether front-office officials for the St. Louis Cardinals, one of the most successful teams in baseball over the past two decades, hacked into internal networks of a rival team to steal closely guarded information about player personnel.

Investigators have uncovered evidence that Cardinals officials broke into a network of the Houston Astros that housed special databases the team had built, according to law enforcement officials. Internal discussions about trades, proprietary statistics and scouting reports were compromised, the officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/sports/baseball/st-louis-cardinals-hack-astros-fbi.html

I wonder if no hacking is one of baseball's unwritten rules.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking the Houston Astros Empty Re: FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking the Houston Astros

Post by CheesySpartan Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 15:16

Giant Moose wrote:
WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors are investigating whether front-office officials for the St. Louis Cardinals, one of the most successful teams in baseball over the past two decades, hacked into internal networks of a rival team to steal closely guarded information about player personnel.

Investigators have uncovered evidence that Cardinals officials broke into a network of the Houston Astros that housed special databases the team had built, according to law enforcement officials. Internal discussions about trades, proprietary statistics and scouting reports were compromised, the officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/sports/baseball/st-louis-cardinals-hack-astros-fbi.html

I'm sure the Astros were the only team they hacked as well. F the Cardinals!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking the Houston Astros Empty Re: FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking the Houston Astros

Post by SpartanInNH Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:09

Giant Moose wrote:

"No hacking" is kind of a federal law, dude.

So, like, fuckk the Cardinals.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:52

The government has really been sticking its nose into sports lately.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down