Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed?

+15
NigelUno
xsanguine
Cameron
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
HT
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Blanch32
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed? Empty Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed?

Post by DWags Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:19 pm

....and my smokin hot wife?

WTF?

NO more smoke-next they'll ban our beer-then guns and bibles
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed? Empty Re: Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:54 pm

DWags wrote:....and my smokin hot wife?

WTF?

NO more smoke-next they'll ban our beer-then guns and bibles
Simple, if you want to light up go in your RV.

Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed? Motorhomes-Astoria-RV
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed? Empty Re: Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:31 am

Um. I've read this like 10 times. And maybe it's just late. But does this sentence make no sense to anyone else?

"A survey by the MSU Office of Survey Research reported about 70 percent of students never smoked cigarettes and 20 percent of students hadn't smoked in the previous month."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:01 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Um. I've read this like 10 times. And maybe it's just late. But does this sentence make no sense to anyone else?

"A survey by the MSU Office of Survey Research reported about 70 percent of students never smoked cigarettes and 20 percent of students hadn't smoked in the previous month."
Yes, 70% have never smoked, 20% have smoked but not for over a month - so 10% have smoked within the last month.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:39 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Um. I've read this like 10 times. And maybe it's just late. But does this sentence make no sense to anyone else?

Never???? Why do I find that hard to believe? I seriously doubt its less than 50%
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:49 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Yes, 70% have never smoked, 20% have smoked but not for over a month - so 10% have smoked within the last month.
So MSU is looking to alienate about 5k students?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:51 am

since I can't bring my living room furniture to the football game, the next logical step is to ban smoking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:54 am

About damn time.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:34 am

tGreenWay wrote:About damn time.

Second class citizens.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:47 am

Why smoke when you can eat?

Just bring a bunch of brownies (or any other kind of edible) to your tailgate and it'll all be good.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:54 am

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:About damn time.

Second class citizens.

Those poor folk. Someday, I may shed a tear for them. But only one.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:36 pm

E-cigarettes included in new Michigan State campus-wide ban of tobacco use

EAST LANSING — Use of any tobacco product — including e-cigarettes and other vaporizers — will be banned on Michigan State's campus starting in August 2016 after a vote Wednesday.

Michigan State trustees voted unanimously to ban smoking and use of all tobacco on the university's main campus in East Lansing, and other campus property around the state.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Wait, since when was weed ever allowed at tailgates? And no one ever told me?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wait, since when was weed ever allowed at tailgates? And no one ever told me?

You've obviously never tailgated with me.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wait, since when was weed ever allowed at tailgates? And no one ever told me?
It is part of "Don't ask, Don't tell"
We figured you knew all about it
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:00 pm

Good luck enforcing this "law" during tailgates. They can pry my Ashtons, Cohibas, Alec Bradleys, etc out of my cold dead hands.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:02 pm

pulling69 wrote:Good luck enforcing this "law" during tailgates. They can pry my Ashtons, Cohibas, Alec Bradleys, etc out of my cold dead hands.
Sounds like you are down with "Don't Ask/Don't tell" - whoever this Alec Bradley dude is, NTTAWWT
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:
It is part of "Don't ask, Don't tell"
We figured you knew all about it

I thought it was If you see something say something
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:22 pm

HT wrote:Why smoke when you can eat?

Just bring a bunch of brownies (or any other kind of edible) to your tailgate and it'll all be good.

Edibles don't work for me. Tried a bunch of different types, even a tincture where the recommended dose was four drops and I took four full droppers worth, nothing. I'm just unlucky, I guess.

Plus, smoking is fun and cool.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:
pulling69 wrote:Good luck enforcing this "law" during tailgates. They can pry my Ashtons, Cohibas, Alec Bradleys, etc out of my cold dead hands.
Sounds like you are down with "Don't Ask/Don't tell" - whoever this Alec Bradley dude is, NTTAWWT

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/cigars/top25detail/year/2011/rank/1
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Cameron wrote:
HT wrote:Why smoke when you can eat?

Edibles don't work for me. Tried a bunch of different types, even a tincture where the recommended dose was four drops and I took four full droppers worth, nothing. I'm just unlucky, I guess.

I'm calling bullshit. You have to try again.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I'm calling bullshit. You have to try again.

I'm certainly willing, but I've tried many times. The tincture was the most conclusive to me. I've read that smoking doesn't work for some people either, I'm just thankful not to be one of those poor souls.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 pm

No sweat!

Seriously,

Elpd riot storm troopers
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

No sweat!

Seriously,

Elpd riot storm troopers

ELPD has no jurisdiction on campus.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:11 am

At Michigan State University, tobacco prohibition nears

They even used Wakies picture.....

Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed? 636035021347907304-MSUSmoke-1

MSU’s ban includes the entire spectrum of tobacco products; from cigarettes and chewable tobacco to vaporizers, E-cigarettes and hookahs. It prohibits tobacco use in buildings, on the lawns and sidewalks, even in personal vehicles on MSU property.

“The university is not saying (tobacco users) have to quit,” Jason Cody , MSU’s spokesman said. “But they’ll have to make arrangements.”

Particularly since, at 5,200 acres, MSU has one of the largest campuses in the nation. In the Big Ten, only Penn State is larger.

MSU was the last school in the Big 10 to prohibit smoking inside residence halls. That happened in 2008. It is not the last enact a general smoking ban, though only Nebraska, Northwestern and Wisconsin still allow smoking on their campuses.

In all, more than 1,400 American colleges are now smoke-free, with 1,137 going 100% tobacco-free, according to the group Americans for Nonsmoker’s Rights.

MSU officials say they're enacting the ban as a matter of public health, arguing that all tobacco products pose health risks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:35 am

I just go to the porta potties.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:43 am

It all started when you let them tell bars what they could do in their own businesses...

Now it's the entirety of huge college campus.

Thanks guys,
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:47 am

MSU’s ban includes the entire spectrum of tobacco products; from cigarettes and chewable tobacco to vaporizers, E-cigarettes and hookahs. It prohibits tobacco use in buildings, on the lawns and sidewalks, even in personal vehicles on MSU property.

Will the smoking ban at MSU tailgates also include weed? 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:51 am

NigelUno wrote:MSU’s ban includes the entire spectrum of tobacco products; from cigarettes and chewable tobacco to vaporizers, E-cigarettes and hookahs. It prohibits tobacco use in buildings, on the lawns and sidewalks, even in personal vehicles on MSU property.

Pretty sure if any private citizen were to report that to the nearest "public safety officer" they deserve the 'asshole" change any time he heads through the tunnel.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:00 am

X you like cigs bro? I only do it if there is pussy at the end of that cancer stick.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:04 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:X you like cigs bro? I only do it if there is pussy at the end of that cancer stick.

I won't smoke sober. And I won't smoke menthols. If I've been drinking I'll smoke lights. Usually just one but you know how that goes.

I see where you're going with it though. When I was a smoker it was easy to smoke weed then have a cig right after and no smell at all.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:09 am

The EL Gestapo strike again...lets make tailgate as lame as possible one stroke at a time
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:17 am

The_Dude wrote:The EL Gestapo strike again...lets make tailgate as lame as possible one stroke at a time

Yeah the police presence sucks.

We don't have the kind of campus where outsiders roam around looking for trouble. It's not necessary. It's not like U of Miami ro Columbus or anything.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:52 am

At what point will they just sound a horn to get you out of your car and march into the stadium in two by two fashion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:E-cigarettes included in new Michigan State campus-wide ban of tobacco use

EAST LANSING — Use of any tobacco product — including e-cigarettes and other vaporizers — will be banned on Michigan State's campus starting in August 2016 after a vote Wednesday.

Michigan State trustees voted unanimously to ban smoking and use of all tobacco on the university's main campus in East Lansing, and other campus property around the state.

Can I still chew?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Nordic wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:E-cigarettes included in new Michigan State campus-wide ban of tobacco use

Can I still chew?

Only if you swallow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 pm

All tobacco
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:13 pm

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Can I still chew?

Only if you swallow.

Great...now you guys are telling me if I spit it's not "real chewing"? Wink
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Baby steps.... there's no slippery slope, though, guys. None to speak of at all.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 pm

NigelUno wrote:MSU’s ban includes the entire spectrum of tobacco products; from cigarettes and chewable tobacco to vaporizers, E-cigarettes and hookahs. It prohibits tobacco use in buildings, on the lawns and sidewalks, even in personal vehicles on MSU property.

Good luck with that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next