Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detroit News Slideshow: Predicting Michigan State's record, game by game

+4
RBW Spartan
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
8 posters

Go down

Picture Detroit News Slideshow: Predicting Michigan State's record, game by game

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-04, 13:08

http://apps.detroitnews.com/apps/multimedia/gallery.php?id=17876

11-1. Loss to Oregon.

I'd take it.  Detroit News Slideshow: Predicting Michigan State's record, game by game 2599972566 Except were beating Oregon. Do we need to beat Oregon to make the playoffs?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Picture Re: Detroit News Slideshow: Predicting Michigan State's record, game by game

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-04, 13:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:http://apps.detroitnews.com/apps/multimedia/gallery.php?id=17876

11-1. Loss to Oregon.

I'd take it.  Detroit News Slideshow: Predicting Michigan State's record, game by game 2599972566 Except were beating Oregon. Do we need to beat Oregon to make the playoffs?

Tough to say if the selection committee will overlook early season losses like the BCS polls. They almost have to, because in reality, how many undefeated teams are there? I'd rather take my chances being 11-1 and losing a B1G road game, like at Purdue. Not that I think the latter is realistic, either. I think even if we lose to Oregon and win the B1GCCG we're in.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Picture Re: Detroit News Slideshow: Predicting Michigan State's record, game by game

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-04, 13:22

and wtf is this shit in the Maryland prediction?

"This could be a tough spot for Michigan State after an emotional win over Ohio State."

SOS is dead, bitch.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-05-04, 13:23

I would be happy with 10-2. You can yell at me all you want. But the team has a lot of pressure on them to succeed and the defense and O line have a lot to prove. That being said, 11-1 should get us playoffs.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RBW Spartan 2014-05-04, 13:34

11-1 gets us into the BTCCG, which at that point is basically a playoff play-in game. 12-1, with wins over Nebraska, Wisky, OSU, and Michigan should be good for a top 4 spot.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-05-04, 19:26

RBW Spartan wrote:11-1 gets us into the BTCCG, which at that point is basically a playoff play-in game. 12-1, with wins over Nebraska, Wisky, OSU, and Michigan should be good for a top 4 spot.
Why would a win over a 6-6 team make a difference?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-05-04, 19:27

Did they contract the 247 page designers for that slideshow?
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-04, 20:54

Assuming the b1g champion has one or less losses should be good enough to make the playoff. I'd be really pissed if the sec gets two in the playoffs this year. There is already a lot of online complaints about the sec schedule and people are starting to point out that maybe it's not as good as advertised.

12-1 with a loss at Oregon should mean MSU is in the playoff. 2 loss teams are going to have less room for error.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-05, 10:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:and wtf is this shit in the Maryland prediction?

"This could be a tough spot for Michigan State after an emotional win over Ohio State."

SOS is dead, bitch.

Not happening. Maryland typically falls apart and basically gives up mid-way through the year. They can sometimes surprise early in the season but by October, they always suck.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down