Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swill mandatory: "happy valley"

+5
Other Teams Pursuing That
HT
NigelUno
steveschneider
Blanch32
9 posters

Go down

Swill mandatory: "happy valley" Empty Swill mandatory: "happy valley"

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-23, 07:42

Anyone else see this doc yet? I'm halfway through and they are nailing. Only bs is the "don't make an example out of us, everybody would do this" crap but they might refute it, well see.

Even tanfan makes an appearance. What balls does that guy have. Wow
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Swill mandatory: "happy valley" Empty Re: Swill mandatory: "happy valley"

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-23, 07:43

Saw it a week ago. Great doc.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-23, 07:54

WTF are you talking about?

(Again)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-23, 08:35

Blanch32 wrote:Anyone else see this doc yet?  I'm halfway through and they are nailing.  Only bs is the "don't make an example out of us, everybody would do this" crap but they might refute it, well see.

Even tanfan makes an appearance.  What balls does that guy have. Wow

Is it on Netflix?
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-23, 08:38

HT wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Anyone else see this doc yet?  I'm halfway through and they are nailing.  Only bs is the "don't make an example out of us, everybody would do this" crap but they might refute it, well see.

Is it on Netflix?

Yup. Htf do you think I'm watching it?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-23, 08:39

NigelUno wrote:WTF are you talking about?

(Again)

Fwiw, you'd make a perfect Psu fan
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-23, 08:43

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:WTF are you talking about?

(Again)

Fwiw, you'd make a perfect Psu fan

Nwn.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-23, 09:59

I'll have to check it out, but I catch myself watching the Tigers pretty much every night. tough to find room for random shit like this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-23, 10:56

Mandatory? You're not the boss of me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-23, 11:47

tGreenWay wrote:Mandatory? You're not the boss of me.

You're excused if you didn't partipate in the Sandusky mega threads over the years
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-23, 12:06

HT wrote:

Is it on Netflix?

It is. Worth checking out....I found it pretty interesting, and really made me think.

One part really stood out, the prof at PSU talked about the NCAA punishments of shaming the institution but doing little to address what caused the problem.

You see the way UofM handled the Gibbons situation they were more concerned about tarnishing the institution and did their best to sweep the incident under the rug. And you have the extreme football nuts/fans that want the entire issue to just go away.

Same down at FSU.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-23, 12:17

steveschneider wrote:
HT wrote:

Is it on Netflix?

It is. Worth checking out....I found it pretty interesting, and really made me think.

One part really stood out, the prof at PSU talked about the NCAA punishments of shaming the institution but doing little to address what caused the problem.

You see the way UofM handled the Gibbons situation they were more concerned about tarnishing the institution and did their best to sweep the incident under the rug. And you have the extreme football nuts/fans that want the entire issue to just go away.

Same down at FSU.

Fwiw, I believe this is one of the reasons we are cleaning up on football recruiting now, and it's just now finally starting to roll over into basketball.

Frankly, dantonio is much better at communicating this msg than izzo, who by nature is all details
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-24, 07:37

After watching this whole thing, I'm convinced Paterno was about nothing more than the all time # of football wins. If he truly believed the bs he spewed, we would have retired back with Sandusky. Instead, he loved the persuit and the adolation too much. Amazing to me that Bobby Bowden is now the saint of the two....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-06-24, 07:51

i've seent it. it wasn't harsh enough on paterno or the douchebag fans. i kept wishing that the fan who was complaining about the field prayer would later find out his brother was raped by sandusky.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 08:08

Thought this thread was about blaunch and him licking male ass.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-24, 08:31

AMwood wrote:i've seent it. it wasn't harsh enough on paterno or the douchebag fans. i kept wishing that the fan who was complaining about the field prayer would later find out his brother was raped by sandusky.

I think it was harsh enough via cinematics. Constantly shows Psu fans as sheep and doing whatever to rush through this to get back to "happy valley"
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-24, 08:42

Blanch32 wrote:After watching this whole thing, I'm convinced Paterno was about nothing more than the all time # of football wins.  If he truly believed the bs he spewed, we would have retired back with Sandusky.  Instead, he loved the persuit and the adolation too much.  Amazing to me that Bobby Bowden is now the saint of the two....

I've always thought that Paterno was all about the all-time wins record. I recall an instance (think it was shown on ESPN a long time before the scandal) where some football players beat up some kids, and he got the school to let him handle the punishment and he doled out something soft. It was pretty clear that he was more of a figurehead than anything in the end, anyways. There's a story about how in 2004, the president went to his house to fire him, and he said "no" and was allowed to keep coaching.

Despite what PSU fans will say, his "Success With Honor" thing was a farce, and they were no better than the rest of us. I also think he really got into the adulation PSU fans showed. I have a bunch of PSU alums and fans in my family, and it is just weird how that fanbase basically worshipped the guy. No football coach should get the kind of treatment Joe Paterno got.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-24, 09:07

HT wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:After watching this whole thing, I'm convinced Paterno was about nothing more than the all time # of football wins.  If he truly believed the bs he spewed, we would have retired back with Sandusky.  Instead, he loved the persuit and the adolation too much.  Amazing to me that Bobby Bowden is now the saint of the two....

I've always thought that Paterno was all about the all-time wins record. I recall an instance (think it was shown on ESPN a long time before the scandal) where some football players beat up some kids, and he got the school to let him handle the punishment and he doled out something soft. It was pretty clear that he was more of a figurehead than anything in the end, anyways. There's a story about how in 2004, the president went to his house to fire him, and he said "no" and was allowed to keep coaching.

Despite what PSU fans will say, his "Success With Honor" thing was a farce, and they were no better than the rest of us. I also think he really got into the adulation PSU fans showed. I have a bunch of PSU alums and fans in my family, and it is just weird how that fanbase basically worshipped the guy. No football coach should get the kind of treatment Joe Paterno got.

What's amazing to me is how tressel gets fired and disgraced for paying a couple of recruits and tattoos, and yet joepa is still worshipped.

They need to stop with this "it happens everywhere" nonsense. Only UNC can come close to them as a peer since both are positive they are better than everyone else
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-24, 09:09

Blanch32 wrote:
HT wrote:

What's amazing to me is how tressel gets fired and disgraced for paying a couple of recruits and tattoos, and yet joepa is still worshipped.

They need to stop with this "it happens everywhere" nonsense. Only UNC can come close to them as a peer since both are positive they are better than everyone else
I loved what Maryland did when they played PSU and didn't shake their hands. The B1G shouldn't have reprimanded the Terps after that. They should have given them an award.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-24, 09:17

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

They need to stop with this "it happens everywhere" nonsense.  Only UNC can come close to them as a peer since both are positive they are better than everyone else
I loved what Maryland did when they played PSU and didn't shake their hands. The B1G shouldn't have reprimanded the Terps after that. They should have given them an award.

They wouldn't dare encourage disrespecting one of their biggest brands...just look at how they handled MSU-Michigan in 2011.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-24, 09:19

HT wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

They wouldn't dare encourage disrespecting one of their biggest brands...just look at how they handled MSU-Michigan in 2011.
True. Or how they didn't reprimand Hoke or Michigan at all after they covered up playing a player with a concussion.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-24, 09:20

Giant Moose wrote:
HT wrote:

True. Or how they didn't reprimand Hoke or Michigan at all after they covered up playing a player with a concussion.

....or rape.....or steakgate....etc
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-24, 09:30

Blanch32 wrote:
HT wrote:

They need to stop with this "it happens everywhere" nonsense.  Only UNC can come close to them as a peer since both are positive they are better than everyone else

Eh, Tressel's really only disgraced by the media (and mainly ESPN). He's still insanely popular among Buckeye fans and it's not a stretch to say he's more popular than Urban Meyer among HS coaches in Ohio. I also think MSU fans that have heard the (accurate) rumor about him steering players to Dantonio/MSU probably like him as well.

Also, there's a lot more to the Tressel story than meets the eye and what the media's reported. OSU is the real villain in that story, not Tressel. A good amount of people know the whole story, and I think that's helped preserve Tressel's name, too.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-26, 10:02

"I'm sick of hearing about it. It's over Sandusky's in jail, nothing more to discuss. Why should I watch it and revisit the past?"

A direct quote from a director at my company who's easily the biggest Psu fan I've ever met. Honestly at this point, we need to trade Psu for Pittsburgh. Weaknest minded fan base ever.

And joepa didn't go after Jerry BC Jerry would expose joepa and Psu for what it really is, and destroy joes rep beyond repair
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down