Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we just agree now that the GOP field is full of crazies?? (WARNING: POLITICAL)

+24
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Rocinante
DWags
Gomer
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
The_Dude
I.B. Fine
Cym Jim
Blanch32
HT
CORNER BLITZ
Dr. Strangelove
Masturbates
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Vlad
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can we just agree now that the GOP field is full of crazies?? (WARNING: POLITICAL) Empty Can we just agree now that the GOP field is full of crazies?? (WARNING: POLITICAL)

Post by Vlad Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Please Wells this up.

Seriously, I thought Hillary would have a tough time due to her low likability rating (heck, as a straight ticket Dem even I don't like her much). But this field of nut jobs the GOP has put forth...Are they trying to make this easy for her?? The only adult in that group is L. Graham. (I'd actually consider voting for him over Hillary.) But the rest of 'em.....Rolling Eyes
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we just agree now that the GOP field is full of crazies?? (WARNING: POLITICAL) Empty Re: Can we just agree now that the GOP field is full of crazies?? (WARNING: POLITICAL)

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Or maybe Swill Bin this up. Please explore the forums.

Thank you,

Self-named interim manager of logistics.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we just agree now that the GOP field is full of crazies?? (WARNING: POLITICAL) Empty Re: Can we just agree now that the GOP field is full of crazies?? (WARNING: POLITICAL)

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Vote for Bernie Sanders

He's the only candidate worth voting for.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Fuck Donald Trump.

Bernie Sanders is intriguing.

That's all I got for this "election". In the end, nothing will really change and the rich will get richer. And someone else, (probably pulling) who gives a fuck about moving this topic can. I can't bring myself to move threads when this board needs all the traffic it can get.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:47 pm

steveschneider wrote:Vote for Bernie Sanders

Why?

OTPT, move this shit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Rick Perry has been awfully quiet. I feel like its only a matter of time before he shoots a homeless Mexican or something to try to steal trumps headlines
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm going to vote for Gary Bettman. I hope he gets re-elected.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Former homeless man with 'golden voice' enters presidential race
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/29/ted-williams-golden-voice-run-for-president/29470913/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Why?

OTPT, move this shit.

I'm doing homework, man..

I want to, but then again, doesn't this board need all the activity it can get? As long as people don't go effing nuts on each other ITT?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:59 pm

I think Hillary and Jeb should be able to transfer their eligibility to Presidents Clinton and Bush (43), so those two can govern collectively for the next 16 years.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Honestly. I'm just hoping that Trump makes it to the first debate. I don't care so much what his answers are, but I think he'll force the other candidates to actually answer the questions. I hope if there is a democratic debate that Sanders has the chance to debate Hillary. I think the 'professional' politicians are at a loss over those 2 and aren't sure what to do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:19 pm

InTenSity wrote:Honestly. I'm just hoping that Trump makes it to the first debate. I don't care so much what his answers are, but I think he'll force the other candidates to actually answer the questions. I hope if there is a democratic debate that Sanders has the chance to debate Hillary. I think the 'professional' politicians are at a loss over those 2 and aren't sure what to do.

I can roll with this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:20 pm

They all suck and don't give a shit about us. It's going to continue that way as long as the system in place remains.
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Masturbates wrote:They all suck and don't give a shit about us. It's going to continue that way as long as the system in place remains.
I give a shit about you masturbates.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:20 pm

The Dem field includes a grandmother who is a congenital liar, an out and out Communist and a guy who tried to tax rain.

If the GOP doesn't win in 2016 they might as well turn out the lights and padlock the door.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:22 pm

People are really overrating trump as a candidate. Any skilled politician would run circles around Trump in a debate. Trump takes himself way too seriously and so easily bait-able. "You're a dumb-dumb moron idiot loser" is not going to force anybody to answer anything. He would be a like a debate sideshow. Trump is pure entertainment. Not much substance going on with this candidacy.

Anyway, right now through the early primary season is when candidates are most idealogical. They need majority support from their party in each primary so they really stir things up to look like stronger Republicans or Democrats. Some candidates, Clinton and Bush come to mind, do not really have to be as ideological as the candidates with longer odds of winning a nomination. The candidates with longer odds really stand out, sometimes as "crazies." When the primaries start to sort out the candidates, the candidates get a bit more moderate because now they have to attract swing voters and independents. I suppose the points is we always see a fair amount of crazies at this time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:The Dem field includes a grandmother who is a congenital liar, an out and out Communist and a guy who tried to tax rain.

If the GOP doesn't win in 2016 they might as well turn out the lights and padlock the door.

Sanders is a social democrat. Social democrats are not communists.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:24 pm

InTenSity wrote:Honestly. I'm just hoping that Trump makes it to the first debate. I don't care so much what his answers are, but I think he'll force the other candidates to actually answer the questions. I hope if there is a democratic debate that Sanders has the chance to debate Hillary. I think the 'professional' politicians are at a loss over those 2 and aren't sure what to do.

yessir
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:The Dem field includes a grandmother who is a congenital liar, an out and out Communist and a guy who tried to tax rain.

Sanders is a social democrat. Social democrats are not communists.

He calls himself that but if you look at his history and his proposals he's a commie. Except on guns - there he's a right thinking American.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Such as...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Such as...
Comrade Sanders?

During the 70s and 80s he freely associated with and supported a variety of Communist groups, leaders and regimes. This also included a run for Vermont Governor in 1976 as the Liberty Union Party (LUP) candidate. Sanders's LUP platform called for the nationalization of all U.S. banks, public ownership of all utilies, and the establishment of a worker-controlled federal government.

Since then he's on record for a 90% income tax rate, single payer government health insurance, and a Constitutional Amendment to overturn the First Amendment.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Vlad wrote:Please Wells this up.

Seriously, I thought Hillary would have a tough time due to her low likability rating (heck, as a straight ticket Dem even I don't like her much).  But this field of nut jobs the GOP has put forth...Are they trying to make this easy for her??  The only adult in that group is L. Graham. (I'd actually consider voting for him over Hillary.)  But the rest of 'em.....Rolling Eyes
As if Hills is normal, she's bat shit crazy.

Even if you count 75% of the R's as crazy it still leaves more sane candidates than the Dems have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Comrade Sanders?

During the 70s and 80s he freely associated with and supported a variety of Communist groups, leaders and regimes. This also included a run for Vermont Governor in 1976 as the Liberty Union Party (LUP) candidate. Sanders's LUP platform called for the nationalization of all U.S. banks, public ownership of all utilies, and the establishment of a worker-controlled federal government.

Since then he's on record for a 90% income tax rate, single payer government health insurance, and a Constitutional Amendment to overturn the First Amendment.

All of those things would probably have no problem getting through the Senate and House, let alone the Supreme Court. Should be a breeze to make all those changes once he's president.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Why?

OTPT, move this shit.

He's the only one addressing the wealth inequality of the 1%. He's the only one speaking out against a system that is aimed at wealth distribution towards the top 1% and as a member of the middle class I'm going to vote for the candidate that is best looking out for my interests.

I can't stand Hillary, bit time liar and bought and paid for. Can't stand Jeb Bush, just a big money politician that is bought and sold.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Comrade Sanders?

He has been disowned by many of the people he associated with in the early days of his political career. They feel betrayed and might be counted among his biggest enemies. They assert he moved closer to the mainstream in his support of a Scandinavian model that features high government expenditures and taxes, but also features a private sector and a liberal democracy.  

If high taxes or single-payer health care system meant communism, some of our best friends (and even allies) are communist countries. I am not sure anything you mention in regards to tax rate or health care system automatically translates into communism. I would, however, like to hear more about the First Amendment proposal you mentioned.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

There's not really anyone good. The best people, are out doing jobs in their industries where there isn't as much bullshit to deal with and there's less stress and more reward.

We're going to keep getting fucked as long as the current system is in place. God damn, do I want to move to Canada.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Best country in the world, but even our best and brightest know we are fucked
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:48 pm

HT wrote:

There's not really anyone good. The best people, are out doing jobs in their industries where there isn't as much bullshit to deal with and there's less stress and more reward.

We're going to keep getting fucked as long as the current system is in place. God damn, do I want to move to Canada.

Sounds like you'd be a good fit for voting for Bernie Sanders then.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Blanch32 wrote:Best country in the world

Are you much of a world traveller blanch, or speak any other languages?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:29 pm

steveschneider wrote:
HT wrote:

I probably will.

I hate getting taxed a ton, and I really hate welfare, but if we're going to get taxed, then I at least want some benefits from it instead of continuing to subsidize stupidity and laziness.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 pm

HT wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I probably will.

I hate getting taxed a ton, and I really hate welfare, but if we're going to get taxed, then I at least want some benefits from it instead of continuing to subsidize stupidity and laziness.

Just remember, sooner or later you'll run out of other peoples money too spend.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Cym Jim wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Best country in the world

Are you much of a world traveller blanch, or speak any other languages?
Other languages? Lets work on one at a time Jim, all right?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
HT wrote:

I probably will.

Just remember, sooner or later you'll run out of other peoples money too spend.

You don't think the government will keep finding ways to get $?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:41 am

Has anyone ever seen a more pathetic primary than the one the Dems are currently undergoing?

At least the GOP have a multitude of candidates for everyone. The Dem choices are a flat out socialist or a narcisitic liar.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:47 am

Masturbates wrote:They all suck and don't give a shit about us. It's going to continue that way as long as the system in place remains.

No. It will continue as long as the sheep buy the lies of the establishment for both parties.

We need someone to come in that actually speaks the truth and just doesn't pay lip service in order to acquire power.

However, the idiotic masses will just line up in droves repeating the rhetoric from both sides and nothing will change.

Standards of living for Americans will continue to go down, we will continue to amass a ton of debt, and for the first time ever in this country the next generation won't live better lives than the previous ones.

The America we knew that made us the greatest country on earth is dead.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:50 am

The_Dude wrote:

No. It will continue as long as the sheep buy the lies of the establishment for both parties.

We need someone to come in that actually speaks the truth and just doesn't pay lip service in order to acquire power.

However, the idiotic masses will just line up in droves repeating the rhetoric from both sides and nothing will change.

Standards of living for Americans will continue to go down, we will continue to amass a ton of debt, and for the first time ever in this country the next generation won't live better lives than the previous ones.

The America we knew that made us the greatest country on earth is dead.

I think the real problem is the public.

The public has failed, we are supposed to stay vigilant and informed, I think the blame for all of the countries problems falls on the public. The elite 1% are involved in the political system, the poor and middle class are not.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm not a big political guy and most of the candidates seem like a joke (Jeb, Trump, Hillary, etc.). Stuck in the car dealer and listening to Huckabee on Fox News (yeah yeah right-wing propaganda machine) and he is killing it. I'm sure some libbys will tell me what a douche he is, but from the little I've heard he would tear Hillary up in a debate.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Nordic wrote:I'm not a big political guy and most of the candidates seem like a joke (Jeb, Trump, Hillary, etc.).  Stuck in the car dealer and listening to Huckabee on Fox News (yeah yeah right-wing propaganda machine) and he is killing it.  I'm sure some libbys will tell me what a douche he is, but from the little I've heard he would tear Hillary up in a debate.
He is an insane lunatic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:19 pm

the greatest thing about Donald Trump is that he's now pushing his fellow republicans to say some of the same hate-filled rhetoric in hopes of getting attention from the mainstream media.. it's like spoiled brat kids trying to get mommy and daddy's attention.

what's funny, too, and sad - yet totally predictable - is how he's taking advantage of the right's racist fear and paranoia - just like the NRA does. They realize how intellectually challenged their base is and appeal to their most fundamental intellectual flaws and emotional insecurities. Which, in turn, provides them with the power and attention they so greatly desire.

it's fun to watch.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the greatest thing about Donald Trump is that he's now pushing his fellow republicans to say some of the same hate-filled rhetoric in hopes of getting attention from the mainstream media.. it's like spoiled brat kids trying to get mommy and daddy's attention.

what's funny, too, and sad - yet totally predictable - is how he's taking advantage of the right's racist fear and paranoia - just like the NRA does. They realize how intellectually challenged their base is and appeal to their most fundamental intellectual flaws and emotional insecurities. Which, in turn, provides them with the power and attention they so greatly desire.

it's fun to watch.

That's fine and all, as long as you can admit Hilary is doing the exact same thing to her base.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next