Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police dress up as construction workers...

+10
Dr. Strangelove
Brock Middlebrook
Rocinante
Masturbates
steveschneider
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
NigelUno
14 posters

Go down

Police dress up as construction workers... Empty Police dress up as construction workers...

Post by NigelUno Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:11 am

...to bust people texting.

Police dress up as construction workers... Distracted_driving

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-dress-construction-workers-catch-distracted/nm8jk/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Police dress up as construction workers... Empty Re: Police dress up as construction workers...

Post by Giant Moose Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:22 am

Just a few more costumes to go and they'll be the Village People.

Police dress up as construction workers... JJ6RJ
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Police dress up as construction workers... Empty Re: Police dress up as construction workers...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:34 am

At least they aren't using their powers of the police state to shoot people. So that's a step in the right direction. I guess.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:36 am

No

Serve and protect
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:40 am

What a crock of shit. Did they use an actual construction site, or set one up to purposely slow down traffic? The article states that they were busting people who were looking at their phones while the light was red. They should just come right out and say they are doing it for their coffers, instead of being pussies and hiding behind a shitty interpretation of the law.

Many pulled over couldn't believe they were getting busted while sitting at a light, so police had to spend time explaining the law to some skeptics.

“Anytime you're in the road, in the roadway, you're in gear and in control of the roadway. Even reading it falls under the code section as well,” one officer told a driver.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:42 am

InTenSity wrote:What a crock of shit. Did they use an actual construction site, or set one up to purposely slow down traffic? The article states that they were busting people who were looking at their phones while the light was red. They should just come right out and say they are doing it for their coffers, instead of being pussies and hiding behind a shitty interpretation of the law.

Many pulled over couldn't believe they were getting busted while sitting at a light, so police had to spend time explaining the law to some skeptics.

“Anytime you're in the road, in the roadway, you're in gear and in control of the roadway. Even reading it falls under the code section as well,” one officer told a driver.

I thought you could glance at your phone while sitting at a light. What about if you have a newspaper? You can't look at that either? Or what about the people that have their phones on those little stands on the dashboard? That should be an automatic ticket?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 am

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:What a crock of shit. Did they use an actual construction site, or set one up to purposely slow down traffic? The article states that they were busting people who were looking at their phones while the light was red. They should just come right out and say they are doing it for their coffers, instead of being pussies and hiding behind a shitty interpretation of the law.

I thought you could glance at your phone while sitting at a light. What about if you have a newspaper? You can't look at that either? Or what about the people that have their phones on those little stands on the dashboard? That should be an automatic ticket?
As long as its not electronic, its all good. So the women putting makeup on while driving are fine (distraction), eating in the car is fine, the messier the better, reading a novel is all good in paper form, not on a kindle. Looking at GPS will probably soon be considered illegal. GA is fucking notorious in the south for finding ways to ruin people's days. I think they are worse than Ohio.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:46 am

NigelUno wrote:

I thought you could glance at your phone while sitting at a light.  What about if you have a newspaper?  You can't look at that either?  Or what about the people that have their phones on those little stands on the dashboard?  That should be an automatic ticket?
Or using GPS to you know, get driving directions.

Of course they shouldn't. At least all of the people that got pulled over managed to survive their encounter with an officer of the state. So we have that to be thankful for. Which is nice.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:48 am

I can't wait until you can get ticketed just for thinking about something other than driving while driving.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:52 am

Giant Moose wrote:I can't wait until you can get ticketed just for thinking about something other than driving while driving.
How much funding is going to be lost if automatic driving cars become a majority?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:55 am

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I can't wait until you can get ticketed just for thinking about something other than driving while driving.
How much funding is going to be lost if automatic driving cars become a majority?
They'll probably implement mandatory state-run maintenance checking to verify that the self-driving feature is working properly like how some states do emissions testing.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:07 am

Must be getting towards the end of the month.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:09 am

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
They'll probably implement mandatory state-run maintenance checking to verify that the self-driving feature is working properly like how some states do emissions testing.

Exactly the police will find a way to rob the citizens of their hard earned money.
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:36 am

This is going to far but screwing around on you phone while driving is really fucking dangerous. It seems like every day I'm on the highway and somebody's drifting and they're always messing with their phone.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:44 am

Have a half dialed number in one of your windows which you can easily bring up after closing your text window (assuming you are breaking the law). Dialing/calling people is not illegal.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:45 am

Rocinante wrote:This is going to far but screwing around on you phone while driving is really fucking dangerous. It seems like every day I'm on the highway and somebody's drifting and they're always messing with their phone.
I don't have a problem with this. What I have a problem with, is it sounds as if they made up a construction site, slowed down traffic, then they waited for the light to turn red and then checked on who was looking at their phone. Its lazy police work that is a money grab, I don't text and drive, but I do read my phone at red lights waiting for it to turn.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:51 am

InTenSity wrote:
Rocinante wrote:This is going to far but screwing around on you phone while driving is really fucking dangerous. It seems like every day I'm on the highway and somebody's drifting and they're always messing with their phone.
I don't have a problem with this. What I have a problem with, is it sounds as if they made up a construction site, slowed down traffic, then they waited for the light to turn red and then checked on who was looking at their phone. Its lazy police work that is a money grab, I don't text and drive, but I do read my phone at red lights waiting for it to turn.

That's exactly what they did.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Georgia has a long tradition of Policing for Profit.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Georgia has a long tradition of Policing for Profit.

Just Georgia?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Just Georgia?
Not just the Peach state but they are worst than most.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Just Georgia?
Not just the Peach state but they are worst than most.
I read an article about how they will put what looks like an abandoned RV under a bridge, inside they are clocking you and taking pictures, you will get a ticket in the mail shortly after.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No

Serve and protect

They are doing exactly that. Zero excuse to text and drive and numerous lives have been lost because of that.

Protecting the public is what they are doing here. So many times Ive been driving on the freeway and a car is swerving or going too slow and once i pass them they have their heads buried in their phone. No
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:41 pm

The_Dude wrote:

Serve and protect

They are doing exactly that. Zero excuse to text and drive and numerous lives have been lost because of that.

Protecting the public is what they are doing here. So many times Ive been driving on the freeway and a car is swerving or going too slow and once i pass them they have their heads buried in their phone. No
I know you won't read the whole thread, but that isn't what they were doing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Can I just reiterate for the third time how happy I am that everyone is still alive? I think all of you complaining are losing sight of what's really important here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Can I just reiterate for the third time how happy I am that everyone is still alive? I think all of you complaining are losing sight of what's really important here.

That's a great point, one that's been overlooked. Construction work is very dangerous, and I hope these fine officers received hazzard pay for their bravery.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Can I just reiterate for the third time how happy I am that everyone is still alive? I think all of you complaining are losing sight of what's really important here.

That's a great point, one that's been overlooked.  Construction work is very dangerous, and I hope these fine officers received hazzard pay for their bravery.
Oh shut up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:40 am

The_Dude wrote:

Serve and protect

Read the thread and or article, Lebowski.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:53 am

Once people start realizing that the minute government and big business got together to run Washington, they feel they are entitled to your money any way they can get it. I don't blame them. If I could get away with it because my neighbor was so apathetic bout it, I'd do it as well.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:56 am

Taking pictures of cars "running" red lights and sending tickets in the mail is my favorite.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:47 pm

My favorite was a local police department that sent undercover officers out to ticket people for jaywalking. Yep -- they'd stand at the side of the road, purposely not near a crosswalk, and wait for other folks to amble up and join them walking across the road. Get to the other side, and BAM! "Here's your ticket, sir/madam -- jaywalking is against city ordinance."

Undercover. Officers. Jaywalking.

It kept up until one of the local judges noticed that pretty much his entire docket was jaywalking tickets, and people kept coming up, admitting they'd done it, and paying a fine. The judge then started dismissing the cases en masse as entrapment.

Message received -- the PD stopped doing it.

It was a good time while they were doing it, though.

I'm not anti-police, but it's really clear they are no different than any other organization anywhere. All it takes is one idiot in a position of authority and the entire organization has egg on its face.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Slightly unrelated, but this gives a whole different interpretation of that police shooting a few months ago where it was made to appear the victim was just being a violent idiot.

StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down