Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Soros just picked up a bunch of BTU and ACI

5 posters

Go down

George Soros just picked up a bunch of BTU and ACI Empty George Soros just picked up a bunch of BTU and ACI

Post by tTy Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:43 am

I almost wanna jump in and ride that shit now (not today, obv, they both popped huge... they'll come back down). It could be like buying F when it was a buck fidy about 8 years ago...

Is he trying to make money, or is he trying to gain control of coal companies and put them out of business???? If it was the latter, it seems like he would have bought a lot more..... Very curious about this play now.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

George Soros just picked up a bunch of BTU and ACI Empty Re: George Soros just picked up a bunch of BTU and ACI

Post by Giant Moose Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:48 pm

blanch picked up a bunch of BUTT and ACID.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

George Soros just picked up a bunch of BTU and ACI Empty Re: George Soros just picked up a bunch of BTU and ACI

Post by tTy Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:54 am

I can't believe nobody wants to try to figure this out with me.

My gut initially told me that this was a trap, and that going long would lose me a ton, but....

I think I might buy a half million shares of ACI and roll all of the dices on it. Waiting for a pull back. Soros put the smaller bet on the dog he thinks is going to run higher and faster. It also might be the one most likely to choke and die..... Soros didn't get rich by being an idiot. I am going all in on ACI. Fuck it.... Give me a pullback! There has to be a profit taking period here in the next couple trading sessions.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:26 am

tTy wrote:I can't believe nobody wants to try to figure this out with me.

My gut initially told me that this was a trap, and that going long would lose me a ton, but....

I think I might buy a half million shares of ACI and roll all of the dices on it. Waiting for a pull back. Soros put the smaller bet on the dog he thinks is going to run higher and faster. It also might be the one most likely to choke and die..... Soros didn't get rich by being an idiot. I am going all in on ACI. Fuck it.... Give me a pullback! There has to be a profit taking period here in the next couple trading sessions.
You have 1.14 million? Or am I looking at the wrong stock?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ingenious Gentleman Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:51 am

Good idea, coal is the energy of the future!
The Ingenious Gentleman
The Ingenious Gentleman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:43 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Figuratively speaking. :-(

They are running away from me now though. I should have bought at the open yesterday. BALLS!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ingenious Gentleman Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:48 pm

tTy wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

They are running away from me now though. I should have bought at the open yesterday. BALLS!!!

It will come back. You know what they say, the best time to buy stock of a company in a dying field is after it losses 99% of it's value over a year.
The Ingenious Gentleman
The Ingenious Gentleman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:28 am

The Ingenious Gentleman wrote:
tTy wrote:

It will come back. You know what they say, the best time to buy stock of a company in a dying field is after it losses 99% of it's value over a year.

Up big again today as the market continues to shit the bed.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:55 am

What's your opinion of reverse etfs SDS?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:51 pm

steveschneider wrote:What's your opinion of reverse etfs SDS?

Eventually this mother is going to crash hard.  I was all in on DUG back in '08, I think, but I got in too early and it kept eroding away my stash.  I finally got sick and tired of it and bailed out and lost a bunch.  If I'd have held on like 6 months longer, I'd have been retired by now.

SDS probably has the same sort of potential...

ACI still making hay... If I'd have just bought this shit three days ago.  FUCK!  I'd probably have sold 90% it at the close today and called it good.  So pissed.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:50 pm

tTy wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What's your opinion of reverse etfs SDS?

Eventually this mother is going to crash hard.  I was all in on DUG back in '08, I think, but I got in too early and it kept eroding away my stash.  I finally got sick and tired of it and bailed out and lost a bunch.  If I'd have held on like 6 months longer, I'd have been retired by now.

SDS probably has the same sort of potential...

ACI still making hay... If I'd have just bought this shit three days ago.  FUCK!  I'd probably have sold 90% it at the close today and called it good.  So pissed.

I took a 1000 share position in the 20s on SDS for a down side protection to my 401k. Already up nice on it.

I have to admit I took a beating on oil this year. I though there was a bottom a around May. I took about 15% loss and punted. Glad I got out when I did because it went down even further. What's even worse is Blanch warned me about it in a previous investing thread and I didn't listen. Not good!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Don't any of you fuckers invest or even pay attention to this shit?  This was probably one of the best stock calls you have ever witnessed in your life, dollar per hour return...... ACI vs any other equity, in three days, probably = +200% return or better.  I didn't have the balls to buy it, but, given the timing of the play vs almost any other equity on the face of the earth, this was motherfucking miraculous.  I am about ready to cut my nutsack off because I didn't buy a single share.  I knew better.  I should have bought it.  My problem is that I'm either all in, or all not in.  Unfortunately, I was not all in and pussed out.  I probably just cost myself like 900K.  I am absolutely SICK.  FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:33 pm

FUCK

I would totally be retired right now.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Look what BTU did today.

OMG... I suck.

EDIT: lol, nevermind... reverse split.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down