Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cousins will start.

+11
Floyd Robertson
The_Dude
pulling69
SpartanInNH
Triple Sparty
y2kMgrad
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
Dr. Strangelove
CORNER BLITZ
DWags
15 posters

Go down

Cousins will start.  Empty Cousins will start.

Post by DWags 2015-08-29, 12:22

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/637646800049057792
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cousins will start.  Empty Re: Cousins will start.

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-08-29, 12:57

That organization is a dumpster fire
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-29, 13:30

Slag me if you want but I was never a Godboy Cousins fan
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-29, 13:36

Cousins used his freshman and redshirt years at MSU developing relationships with his teammates to the point where everyone liked/respected him so much he was a 3 time captain.

If Cousins has taken those same people skills with him to Washington his biggest obstacle is learning to be a NFL QB where everything is faster. RG3 had a lot of skills Cousins doesn't have but he has blamed many of his poor performances on others. I suspect a lot of Cousins' current teammates want his to succeed because he doesn't throw anyone under the bus.

Hoyer turned himself into an NFL starter and he's been fortunate to have OC's who develop offenses that fit his skill set. If Washington can do the same for Cousins it can work. Cousins just has to realize every defender closes a lot faster which was has been his issue.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-29, 13:49

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Slag me if you want but I was never a Godboy Cousins fan

I like him as a person and a representative of MSU. He also stuck a knife if those fuckers back three times as a starter. I'll take a "good boy" like that. However, I'm not convinced he's a qb that can be a guy who wins games for you on his own if need be, especially in the NFL. Always thought he'd be a great 2 at GReen Bay or Seatle or NE. If the man goes down for two or three weeks he's capable of managing the games till they return. As a 16 game starter, I'm not sure.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-29, 14:25

Cousins will always be good in my book. The bowl game vs. Georgia the last drive just wow. I was there for the rocket play vs. Wisconsin, that was pure magic.

And then what he did to Michigan. He was a captain and during his time the arrows were pointing up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-08-29, 14:26

Put in Nichols.

In all seriousness though, Griffin should be traded or just waived. He's terrible.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-08-29, 15:59

Omg. Read thread and immediately thought he was starting for MSU.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-08-29, 17:39

GRR Spartan wrote:Cousins used his freshman and redshirt years at MSU developing relationships with his teammates to the point where everyone liked/respected him so much he was a 3 time captain.

If Cousins has taken those same people skills with him to Washington his biggest obstacle is learning to be a NFL QB where everything is faster. RG3 had a lot of skills Cousins doesn't have but he has blamed many of his poor performances on others. I suspect a lot of Cousins' current teammates want his to succeed because he doesn't throw anyone under the bus.

Hoyer turned himself into an NFL starter and he's been fortunate to have OC's who develop offenses that fit his skill set. If Washington can do the same for Cousins it can work. Cousins just has to realize every defender closes a lot faster which was has been his issue.

Has anybody mentioned that he's starting against Miami, and Suh? He's going to be broken by the end of the game.

Second game starter, Colt McCoy.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-29, 18:17

SpartanInNH wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Cousins used his freshman and redshirt years at MSU developing relationships with his teammates to the point where everyone liked/respected him so much he was a 3 time captain.

Has anybody mentioned that he's starting against Miami, and Suh? He's going to be broken by the end of the game.

So what are his options? Say no thanks? Tank bad in preseason?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-08-29, 19:31

Your NFL team has a rapist and a dog killer at QB Twisted Evil
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-29, 20:26

Don't care if he was a Christian, Wiccan or agnostic.  His teammates respected him enough to vote him captain all three years he was a starter and he beat umaa 3 times as a starter.

Time to learn how to separate football and religion and you can ignore the religion if you want.   No one ever mentioned that HC Dantonio is also a very religious person who rescheduled the Sunday post game meetings two hours so players who choose to attend church services can do so.

If his temmates like him and his coaches like him that's all that matters.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-08-30, 11:22

DWags wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

So what are his options? Say no thanks? Tank bad in preseason?

Captain Kirk is a gamer. He'll do his best to go out there and win. It's how he's wired.

That's not to say he's a starting-caliber NFL QB, though, because he's not. And Miami's defense is going to be a challenge to teams with better OL's and better running games and better (frankly) QB's than Washington's.

So what's he supposed to do? Kirk's gonna Kirk. Even money says he won't start Game Two, though.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-08-30, 11:25

GRR Spartan wrote:
If his teammates like him and his coaches like him that's all that matters.

All I can hear is the Dude's response. Cousins will start.  502811600

SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-30, 11:43

Yikes. Tough assignment for Kirk in week 1.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-08-30, 17:16

Washington front office, coaches reportedly ready to move on from RG3

Washington coaches and "high-ranking" front office officials want to move on from quarterback Robert Griffin III, according to a report from ESPN. However, per the report, team ownership is not on the same page.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 07:53

I know that Duffy Munn really likes him and gets very, very defensive if someone were to make even the most glancing reference to a shadow of a hint of a hair of a negative remark about him.

So I'll just say that Kirt Cousins is a great American and a fine Spartan. I'd be proud to have him in my family. He'll always remind me of what is best about humanity, MSU and the sport I love so very much.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-08-31, 17:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I know that Duffy Munn really likes him and gets very, very defensive if someone were to make even the most glancing reference to a shadow of a hint of a hair of a negative remark about him.

So I'll just say that Kirt Cousins is a great American and a fine Spartan. I'd be proud to have him in my family. He'll always remind me of what is best about humanity, MSU and the sport I love so very much.

But he does tend to turn the ball over a lot.  Razz

I'd love to see him hold on to the job this time around.  Not many 4th round QBs get a second window of opportunity.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PCL 2015-08-31, 22:49

The_Dude wrote:Yikes. Tough assignment for Kirk in week 1.

'Skins' OL is definitely going to make Kirk's life tough. And it's hard to show what kind of qb you are when 1. Running for your life 2. Throwing the ball away to avoid a sack.

That being said I wish him the best, great Spartan

-PCL
PCL
PCL
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-08-31, 22:55

I really do appreciate the amount of work and production that Kirk Cousins and Greg Jones gave us. They deserved to be captains. Or so it seemed.

When neither of them were remotely aware that Glen Winston had recruited 15% of the team to go get into a fight (that turned out to be no big deal, but was reported as a massacre for a year and a half), I questioned whether they did anything other than say the right things in front of the coaches, and add it to their resume.

They sure as hell weren't leading the team. Glen Winston was.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down