Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartanmag questions..

+4
NigelUno
Buffalo Spartan
InTenSity
Sponge Worthy
8 posters

Go down

Spartanmag questions.. Empty Spartanmag questions..

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-06, 16:22

I've been a long time Magger. I've always liked it, but a lot of guys are a bit uptight..they don't seem too quick on draw sometimes, maybe get old news late, basically like to talk MSU sports. That's all good.. but I went to the RCMB a year and a half ago and got hooked 'cause I like some humor and some freelance writing and getting quick news and info from around the world. The RCMB has always been my Twitter feed lately, basically.

The Mag is great for analysis and good writing over there. I really like Comp's work. He works his ass off and I respect him a lot. He's funny, too, and is pretty forgiving of most people till they turn into dicks..

I've always wondered, though, who was whom over on the Mag and might be elsewhere..anybody want to fess up? (and I assume someone probably knows who I am, I don't hide much  Wink )
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Spartanmag questions.. Empty Re: Spartanmag questions..

Post by Guest 2014-05-06, 16:23

Sponge Worthy wrote:I've been a long time Magger. I've always liked it, but a lot of guys are a bit uptight..they don't seem too quick on draw sometimes, maybe get old news late, basically like to talk MSU sports. That's all good.. but I went to the RCMB a year and a half ago and got hooked 'cause I like some humor and some freelance writing and getting quick news and info from around the world. The RCMB has always been my Twitter feed lately, basically.

The Mag is great for analysis and good writing over there. I really like Comp's work. He works his ass off and I respect him a lot. He's funny, too, and is pretty forgiving of most people till they turn into dicks..

I've always wondered, though, who was whom over on the Mag and might be elsewhere..anybody want to fess up?

I am on the MAG, way better recruiting info than 247 sports. I will not fess up though.  I have another personality over there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-06, 16:30

Do you actually have to pay to read that MB? I signed up there and it kept telling me I must be a subscriber to read this post. Lame.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-06, 16:32

InTenSity wrote:Do you actually have to pay to read that MB? I signed up there and it kept telling me I must be a subscriber to read this post. Lame.

Yeah, the U. Bunker and Final Fourum are pay sites..the free board there makes the RCMB look like a bunch of sophistocates  Rolling Eyes 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-06, 16:34

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Yeah, the U. Bunker and Final Fourum are pay sites..the free board there makes the RCMB look like a bunch of sophistocates  Rolling Eyes 
Not sure if its obvious or not, but I never posted there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffalo Spartan 2014-05-06, 16:38

I'm on both. I think the average age of people at SpartanMag is around 65. They also haven't discovered sarcasm yet.

It is great for Comps analysis and inside info though. The posters can be pretty unbearable though.
Buffalo Spartan
Buffalo Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-06, 16:42

Buffalo Spartan wrote:I'm on both. I think the average age of people at SpartanMag is around 65. They also haven't discovered sarcasm yet.

It is great for Comps analysis and inside info though. The posters can be pretty unbearable though.

Yup, thats why you post here for fun and go to Spartan Mag for business. The allure of the RCMB was the message board, the recruiting analysts are not good. Now that the board is taking a dive off a cliff, people will go else where.

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- on 2014-05-06, 17:05; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-06, 16:59

I was on there for 4-5 years under a different name. Left 5-6 years ago because I couldn't stand one prick there. Won't name him in case he's here though I don't think he is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffalo Spartan 2014-05-06, 17:01

LooseGoose wrote:I was on there for 4-5 years under a different name.  Left 5-6 years ago because I couldn't stand one prick there.  Won't name him in case he's here though I don't think he is.

Who cares? I'm curious if he still postst there.
Buffalo Spartan
Buffalo Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-06, 17:24

LooseGoose wrote:I was on there for 4-5 years under a different name.  Left 5-6 years ago because I couldn't stand one prick there.  Won't name him in case he's here though I don't think he is.

Gotta be KyMike  bom 

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-06, 17:26

SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- wrote:

Yup, thats why you post here for fun and go to Spartan Mag for business. The allure of the RCMB was the message board, the recruiting analysts are not good. Now that the board is taking a dive off a cliff, people will go else where.

Thank God I didn't accidentally pay for a year's subscription...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-05-06, 17:30

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Always wondered why the free board could never move beyond the "completely worthless" stage over there. It like reading your email's spam folder.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-05-06, 17:42

InTenSity wrote:Do you actually have to pay to read that MB? I signed up there and it kept telling me I must be a subscriber to read this post. Lame.
Think of it like how 247 wishes that tRCMB was: News and Recruiting first, message board second. The benefit is that the message boards can contain some top notch info, beyond just the actual articles. I don't pay real close attention to recruiting, but get plenty of use out of it for info and analysis of the team, games, programs, etc. Not just the staff, but some of the posters have very good connections. I only post there occasionally (sometimes not for months at a time), but have been a subscriber for 13-14 years.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-05-06, 17:49

WBill wrote:

Always wondered why the free board could never move beyond the "completely worthless" stage over there.  It like reading your email's spam folder.

As many here know (and others may not know), tRCMB actually WAS the Rivals free board at one point (circa 2000).  I think that there was technically still another free board at Rivals, but tRCMB dominated the free traffic, and once Trevor moved it to an independent host, it took all of the decent free discussion.  At that point, the remaining free board was basically a haven for UM trolls, until even they eventually realized that there weren't any Spartans there to troll.  

There was never really a point to an active free board post-RCMB.  If you were a subscriber, you posted in the Underground Bunker (this was long before the Final Fourum basketball board was added).  If you weren't, or wanted more light-hearted and/or off topic conversation, you went to tRCMB.  Many people enjoyed both.  Trevor would post on the Bunker, and Comp would sometimes post on tRCMB.  It was a peaceful and mutually beneficial coexistence.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-05-06, 18:19

Used to subscribe. One of my favorite annual articles was the where are they now looking at recruiting classes after 4-6 years.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-05-06, 18:37

Buffalo Spartan wrote:I'm on both. I think the average age of people at SpartanMag is around 65. They also haven't discovered sarcasm yet.

I'm the same way...the message board is crap. The good thing is that it keeps the poster Ozymandias occupied. He's head of the justice league lynch mob over there. Everyone loves him. So that keeps him off this board.

If wasn't a magnet for the justice league crowd, I'd recommend to comp to just dump the message boards and make the site more like a blog. People would be able to comment on the work he does underneath each article, but they wouldn't have to waste time policing the boards.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffalo Spartan 2014-05-06, 19:11

tVargman Prime wrote:

I'm the same way...the message board is crap. The good thing is that it keeps the poster Ozymandias occupied. He's head of the justice league lynch mob over there. Everyone loves him. So that keeps him off this board.

If wasn't a magnet for the justice league crowd, I'd recommend to comp to just dump the message boards and make the site more like a blog. People would be able to comment on the work he does underneath each article, but they wouldn't have to waste time policing the boards.

What username does he post under?
Buffalo Spartan
Buffalo Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-05-06, 19:36

Buffalo Spartan wrote:

What username does he post under?

Something like Fight with Vim or Spartans Fight With Vim...he's the guy that attacks any poster that posts something that is critical of the team.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-06, 19:40

NigelUno wrote:

Thank God I didn't accidentally pay for a year's subscription...

Spartanmag questions.. 294152859  Spartanmag questions.. 2130724145 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-06, 20:07

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Gotta be KyMike  bom 

Nah, since I've never seen anyone post here like him I'll name him. It was SpartanJohn, he was rude to the point of obnoxious. I'd paid there for years and only hit tRCMB infrequently but decided to switch to tRCMB after I'd had my fill of him.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down