Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omaha paper >>>

+4
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
CORNER BLITZ
8 posters

Go down

Omaha paper >>> Empty Omaha paper >>>

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-09-16, 12:27

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/barfknecht-attention-should-accompany-michigan-state-s-win-over-oregon/article_2ee33d0b-5109-52d4-8d04-12904d373c43.html

EAST LANSING, Mich. — No wonder Mark Dantonio looks gruff, acts tough and tells his Michigan State team to play angry.

You’d be ticked, too, if you had a legitimate national championship-caliber squad and got so little attention.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Omaha paper >>> Empty Re: Omaha paper >>>

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-16, 12:32

I like the last line of the article..

At least, it’s supposed to. We’ll see if the national media can squeeze it in around features on Harbaugh’s clothing habits.

the national media should stop talking about Harbaugh and UM so much. As MSU fans, that's our job.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-16, 13:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like the last line of the article..

At least, it’s supposed to. We’ll see if the national media can squeeze it in around features on Harbaugh’s clothing habits.

the national media should stop talking about Harbaugh and UM so much. As MSU fans, that's our job.

I thought this was going to be about Obama.

No, really, I did. I thought the title was "Obama paper >>>"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-16, 13:55

Look at Wisconsin, they sat at the top of the big 10 for a few years and were virtually ignored as well. Look at that lame interview with Collen Cowturd and Khakis, guy only mention UfoM, Penn St and Ohio State in his interview. Two of those teams are at the bottom half of the B1G. The analysis for college sports is terrible.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-16, 14:13

steveschneider wrote:Look at Wisconsin, they sat at the top of the big 10 for a few years and were virtually ignored as well. Look at that lame interview with Collen Cowturd and Khakis, guy only mention UfoM, Penn St and Ohio State in his interview. Two of those teams are at the bottom half of the B1G. The analysis for college sports is terrible.
Wisconsin also has an issue of laying eggs against top opponents. They helped hurt the perception of the B1G more than anything. Big, slow, unimaginative. The thing is, the guys giving the interviews remember the hay days of the 80's and 90's and they want those teams back. I don't know why the name on the front of the uniform means as much as the style of play, but in College it does.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-16, 14:18

Wisconsin had some good will built up by winning the 1999 and 2000 Rose Bowls but most have forgotten that now that they seem to lose every big football game. Losing 3 straight Rose Bowls really hurt the Big Ten, and them losing 59-0 in the B1G championship was probably the worst performance in a big game that I've ever seen.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-16, 14:20

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Look at Wisconsin, they sat at the top of the big 10 for a few years and were virtually ignored as well. Look at that lame interview with Collen Cowturd and Khakis, guy only mention UfoM, Penn St and Ohio State in his interview. Two of those teams are at the bottom half of the B1G. The analysis for college sports is terrible.
Wisconsin also has an issue of laying eggs against top opponents. They helped hurt the perception of the B1G more than anything. Big, slow, unimaginative. The thing is, the guys giving the interviews remember the hay days of the 80's and 90's and they want those teams back. I don't know why the name on the front of the uniform means as much as the style of play, but in College it does.

I agree with all points, I still think Wisconsin deserved more mentions than they got. And they are still in the top half of the conference, and certainly better at football than Penn State. I guess for better or worse when Ohio State was going through their trouble Wisconsin was at the top. Unless you were paying close attention you wouldn't even know that looking at the papers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-16, 14:29

The Big Ten has 5 programs that should be talked about as historical powers. These are the schools with 20+ appearances as #1 in the AP poll: Ohio State (98), Nebraska (70), Michigan (34), Michigan State (29), and Penn State (21).
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-16, 14:35

Giant Moose wrote:The Big Ten has 5 programs that should be talked about as historical powers. These are the schools with 20+ appearances as #1 in the AP poll: Ohio State (98), Nebraska (70), Michigan (34), Michigan State (29), and Penn State (21).
\

UM is not #1? Clearly you counted wrong.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-16, 14:40

If sports reporting was centered around historical powers all we'd read about is the Boston Celtics, The Montreal Canadians, the New York Yankees and the Green Bay Packers.

Time for the college sports analysts to to look at the complete picture and offer up expert predictions based on what is actually happening.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-09-16, 20:59

CORNER BLITZ wrote:http://m.omaha.com/huskers/barfknecht-attention-should-accompany-michigan-state-s-win-over-oregon/article_2ee33d0b-5109-52d4-8d04-12904d373c43.html

EAST LANSING, Mich. — No wonder Mark Dantonio looks gruff, acts tough and tells his Michigan State team to play angry.

You’d be ticked, too, if you had a legitimate national championship-caliber squad and got so little attention.

I understand Harbaugh’s return to college football is a big story. But the fascination of ABC-ESPN with King Khaki Pants in contrast with what is happening at Michigan State, which has owned the instate series in recent years, is out of control.

Omaha paper >>> 3493939353
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-16, 21:43

Omaha - somewhere in middle America
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate