Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff

+16
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
DWags
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Code_Warrior
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Giant Moose
InTenSity
The Pantry
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff Empty Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-18, 14:52

MARQUETTE, Mich. — Two hikers from Minnesota discovered a body at the bottom of a steep cliff along Lake Superior in Michigan's Upper Peninsula while going through photos one of them had just taken.

Police say the body of the 33-year-old Marquette man was recovered on Thursday at Presque Isle Park in Marquette. His name wasn't immediately released.

Scott Andrews and Brett Peterson were visiting from St. Paul. Andrews tells The Mining Journal that Peterson took photos over the edge of the cliff to see how far it was to the bottom and they spotted a bike and legs. They yelled to the person and called 911 after they didn't see movement.

Detective Sgt. Greg Kinonen says he apparently died from a fall. WLUC-TV reports the circumstances are under investigation.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/09/18/michigan-cliff-bicyclist/72397174/
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff Empty Re: Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-18, 14:53

RIP OTPT.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff Empty Re: Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-18, 14:54

Bob, why did you lend OTPT a defective bike? Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 1896033241
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-18, 14:55

I doubt Bob will ever go up North now
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 14:55

Giant Moose wrote:Bob, why did you lend OTPT a defective bike? Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 1896033241
I just checked.. all of my bikes are counted for.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 14:56

The Pantry wrote:I doubt Bob will ever go up North now
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-18, 14:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Bob, why did you lend OTPT a defective bike? Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 1896033241
Are the spokes ok?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-18, 14:59

Sorry to hear about OTPT. Great kid. So much potential lost. Puts a damper on the Winston news.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:01

granted, it was being run about as efficient as a Palin Family Planning abstinence kit, but who the f**k is gonna do tSwill pick 'em now..?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-09-18, 15:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
We need laws that regulate cliffs and bikes. Bob, you're going to have to submit to a background check. We won't find anything to worry about will we?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-18, 15:12

I talked to my Yooper moles and word on the street is that Bob biked up to the U.P. with his wife's dog and tried to push the poor dog off the cliff. Bob missed and accidentally pushed OTPT off the cliff, so then Bob threw his bike off the cliff to make it look like a biking accident.

This is also why Bob was looking at flights. He couldn't bike back so he had to take a flight from the U.P. back downstate.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-18, 15:14

Giant Moose wrote:I talked to my Yooper moles and word on the street is that Bob biked up to the U.P. with his wife's dog and tried to push the poor dog off the cliff. Bob missed and accidentally pushed OTPT off the cliff, so then Bob threw his bike off the cliff to make it look like a biking accident.

This is also why Bob was looking at flights. He couldn't bike back so he had to take a flight from the U.P. back downstate.
Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:14

Code_Warrior wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I just checked.. all of my bikes are counted for.
We need laws that regulate cliffs and bikes. Bob, you're going to have to submit to a background check. We won't find anything to worry about will we?
I have a bit of a sketchy past but the last 25 years or so have been clean for the most part. I can thank my wife for that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:15

Giant Moose wrote:I talked to my Yooper moles and word on the street is that Bob biked up to the U.P. with his wife's dog and tried to push the poor dog off the cliff. Bob missed and accidentally pushed OTPT off the cliff, so then Bob threw his bike off the cliff to make it look like a biking accident.

Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-09-18, 15:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 1966794946
Cliffs and bikes don't kill people, Bob's dog does. We need better dog control laws. We really need to outlaw assault dogs.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:50

Code_Warrior wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 1966794946
Cliffs and bikes don't kill people, Bob's dog does. We need better dog control laws. We really need to outlaw assault dogs.
how about all dogs in general?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-09-18, 15:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
how about all dogs in general?
People have a right to keep and bear dogs Bob. However, there's no way the framers could've anticipated assault dogs.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:54

Code_Warrior wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:how about all dogs in general?
People have a right to keep and bear dogs Bob. However, there's no way the framers could've anticipated assault dogs.
want my wife's dog? PM for details.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-09-18, 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
want my wife's dog? PM for details.
No, you need your wife's dog to pertect your family.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-18, 17:30

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I just checked.. all of my bikes are counted for.
Are the spokes ok?

If they aren't, then I know a couple guys...

Also, did those Minnesotans discover the body, or put it there?
Dunh dunh DUNH!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-18, 17:33

Code_Warrior wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:how about all dogs in general?

Where can I buy one of those bear dogs?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-18, 18:52

Probably a Schwinn, eh Bob? Freaking junk.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-18, 18:53

tGreenWay wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
People have a right to keep and bear dogs Bob.  However, there's no way the framers could've anticipated assault dogs.

Where can I buy one of those bear dogs?

I recommend a Walker or blue tick
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-18, 20:35

kingstonlake wrote:Probably a Schwinn, eh Bob? Freaking junk.
Schwinn has a very long and weird history. The pricing and dealer network in the 70's was similar to stereo components. Basically, fixed pricing.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-18, 20:51

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Probably a Schwinn, eh Bob? Freaking junk.
Schwinn has a very long and weird history. The pricing and dealer network in the 70's was similar to stereo components. Basically, fixed pricing.

I'm not even going to hazard a guess how or why you know that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-18, 21:24

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Schwinn has a very long and weird history. The pricing and dealer network in the 70's was similar to stereo components. Basically, fixed pricing.

I'm not even going to hazard a guess how or why you know that.
No need to hazard. I'm old and know shit
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-09-18, 21:31

So what happens to otpts mod hat if he didn't have a will? Do we have to go to probate to fight over it?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-18, 21:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So what happens to otpts mod hat if he didn't have a will? Do we have to go to probate to fight over it?
Not worth it. Just give it to DWags
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-09-18, 21:48

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So what happens to otpts mod hat if he didn't have a will? Do we have to go to probate to fight over it?
Not worth it. Just give it to DWags

I'm going to fight dwags for it in court.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-09-18, 22:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Only due to the fact that you reneged on your offer to loan one to someone when they actually tried to take you up on the offer Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 502811600

And... TTIWWP
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-18, 23:08

Gomer wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Only due to the fact that you reneged on your offer to loan one to someone when they actually tried to take you up on the offer Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff 502811600

And... TTIWWP
Hikers discover body of bicyclist at base of U.P. cliff This-p10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-18, 23:11

This peaks my interest. I mean I feel bad for otpt but it seems ashame to bury a good hat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-09-18, 23:33

DWags wrote:

This peaks my interest. I mean I feel bad for otpt but it seems ashame to bury a good hat.

The world will miss him and whatever else.

Look I'm busy lawyering up over here okay?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-18, 23:35

I get his sister.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-09-18, 23:39

Rocinante wrote:I get his sister.

I'm pretty sure you don't get to call dibs on people's sisters when they die. I'll so my probate lawyer for you though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-18, 23:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I'm pretty sure you don't get to call dibs on people's sisters when they die.

That's fuckin news to me. Shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-18, 23:50

I'm pretty sure you don't get to call dibs on people's sisters when they die. I'll so my probate lawyer for you though.

I'm willing to agree to let otpt sister go to you for the hat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-18, 23:57

Should we send a card or something?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-09-19, 00:04

DWags wrote:

I'm willing to agree to let otpt sister go to you for the hat.

Deal.

Dowries are definitely still a thing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-19, 00:42

Look, I won't put up a stink about you guys going after the sister or even the hat, but I want his passport. Actually, I need his passport. Nobody ask any questions and I won't contest the disbursement of otpt's other personal effects.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next