Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass? Empty Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass?

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-02, 16:41

Today was the 2nd morning in the last month I got up early to fertilize my lawn - and again no dew. Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass? 901027492
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass? Empty Re: Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass?

Post by Nordic 2015-10-02, 18:43

Nordic Life tip #22: You are putting too much thought into this
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass? Empty Re: Anyone know how to forecast when there is going to be dew on the grass?

Post by Nordic 2015-10-02, 18:50

But if you really want to know the answer... PV=nRT

This is actually Nordic Life tip #4 as this comes up quite often as people always wonder "why does the propane cannister get frost on the outside?" as it empties in cooler temp tailgates.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-02, 19:21

I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. This has to do with gas laws? There must be a simple relationship with the dew point but I tried to figure that out in prior years and didn't understand it.
The bag says "mow the lawn 1-2 days before, put the product down when it is wet, do not water for 1-2 days afterwhich a thorough watering is suggested".
It is extremely difficult for these conditions to all come together without a sprinkler. I thought today was the day. But now it is going to rain, then the grass will need to be mowed and then it will be full of leaves.
I have $80 of product to move and now I think I am f*cked. This has been going on for 15 years.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-02, 19:44

Herbie Green wrote:I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. This has to do with gas laws? There must be a simple relationship with the dew point but I tried to figure that out in prior years and didn't understand it.
The bag says "mow the lawn 1-2 days before, put the product down when it is wet, do not water for 1-2 days afterwhich a thorough watering is suggested".
It is extremely difficult for these conditions to all come together without a sprinkler. I thought today was the day. But now it is going to rain, then the grass will need to be mowed and then it will be full of leaves.
I have $80 of product to move and now I think I am f*cked. This has been going on for 15 years.

At any time in that 15 years, did you think about buying a sprinkler?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-10-02, 20:33

Herbie Green wrote:I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. This has to do with gas laws? There must be a simple relationship with the dew point but I tried to figure that out in prior years and didn't understand it.

Settle down
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-02, 20:38

NigelUno wrote:

At any time in that 15 years, did you think about buying a sprinkler?

I have over an acre. I would be moving a sprinkler around all day. I am not that anal about it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-10-02, 20:52

Just make your own dew with a hose. It shouldn't take long at all, as long as you have a hose that can reach the whole yard.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-02, 21:11

Rodeo Burger wrote:Just make your own dew with a hose. It shouldn't take long at all, as long as you have a hose that can reach the whole yard.

I think this is what I will do in the spring with a chemical hose spray to kill the weeds. It feels like cheating but really it is probably more effective and better for the environment than these weed n feed products.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-10-02, 21:19

You should get a divorce.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-10-02, 21:27

I tried to give real world solutions... the rest will be sarcasm
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-02, 21:44

AMwood wrote:Your wife should get a divorce.

FIFY
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down