Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread

+22
StylesGShmooth
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
The_Dude
CORNER BLITZ
InTenSity
Death Roe
Heat Miser
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Nordic
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Code_Warrior
Wally Fairway
26 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-10, 23:25

Jesus Christ, Gieger.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-10, 23:26

should have just done the onside kick
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-10, 23:26

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Kick off roulette! tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread - Page 9 1837840279

tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread - Page 9 1966794946

That might have been a good thing, considering.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-10-10, 23:26

Guess Geiger got upset the Offense took the game out of his hands.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-10, 23:27

Code_Warrior wrote:Jesus Christ, Gieger.

Cronin?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-10, 23:28

jeezus how is he that alone with 8 in coverage?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-10, 23:28

Well that didn't prevent shit.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-10, 23:28

No penalties now
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-10, 23:29

Yeah Shaquille
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-10, 23:29

Spiked it on 4th down!!! Brain Fart!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-10, 23:29

hahaha. How dumb
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-10, 23:29

Nice! 4th down dumbass!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-10, 23:30

On to the big Hole.......bring the walking wounded along.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-10, 23:31

Not feeling too confident about next week...or some of the other weeks.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-10, 23:31

We might drop to about 9th now, on injuries alone
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-10, 23:34

I still think we win next week. They don't have the matchup advantages to hurt us. 

We probably will lose to Indiana though. 

Seriously.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-10, 23:36

Gameday at the sinkhole next Saturday
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-10, 23:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I still think we win next week. They don't have the matchup advantages to hurt us. 

We probably will lose to Indiana though. 

Seriously.

Indiana may be on their 5th string QB again by then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-10-10, 23:38

If Jack Allen is seriously hurt we are fucked.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-10, 23:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am not Ty, I am pretty conservative but I just put a hundo on us -7.5 2h. We are the better team. Dominating for the most part. Need to clean things up.

cheers
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-10, 23:42

A little snark from the LSJ...

GreenandWhite.com ‏@LSJGreenWhite 10m10 minutes ago

Rutgers' gamble on the 4th down spike does not pay off and MSU wins, 31-24. It's officially Michigan week.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-10, 23:47

I think Rutgers fans can identify Lions fans.  

Every season you see a new way to lose.  I have watched way to much football HS thru NFL with a majority of it major conference college and have never seen a 4th down spike end the game.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-10, 23:49

One the bight side Cook saw about as many blitzes from damned near all places this week so anything next week shouldn't surprise him.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-11, 00:02

Freshman or otherwise, somebody needs to replace Nicholson. Guy can't seem to tackle or cover. Seems to be trying too hard to make the big play.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-11, 00:39

Gotta respect their coach for owning it.

Chris Vannini ‏@ChrisVannini 5m5 minutes ago

Rutgers interim HC Norries Wilson on 4th down spike: "Chris Laviano did what he was told to do, and I told him the wrong thing."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-11, 00:40

Heat Miser wrote:Freshman or otherwise, somebody needs to replace Nicholson. Guy can't seem to tackle or cover. Seems to be trying too hard to make the big play.

Our whole defense you mean?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-11, 01:05

Also, another chance to get our backup QBs some experience was blown tonight. Maxwell 2.0 in '16?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-11, 01:24

Heat Miser wrote:Also, another chance to get our backup QBs some experience was blown tonight. Maxwell 2.0 in '16?

I don't think a couple of snaps the previous year would have made maxwell any better. He was just bad at football... After he got that experience he wasnt any better by the end of the year.

But yeah, no, all in this year anyway. Next year us going to be a quasi rebuilding year (which for us means outback bowl ish) then on from there. That doesn't change by getting the backup qb a snap or two here or there this year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-11, 01:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Also, another chance to get our backup QBs some experience was blown tonight. Maxwell 2.0 in '16?

I don't think a couple of snaps the previous year would have made maxwell any better. He was just bad at football... After he got that experience he wasnt any better by the end of the year.

But yeah, no, all in this year anyway. Next year us going to be a quasi rebuilding year (which for us means outback bowl ish) then on from there. That doesn't change by getting the backup qb a snap or two here or there this year.

I'm not talking "snap our two". The schedule was setup to get TOC & Terry significant playing time in 5 of the first 6 games. They end up getting nothing. I'm sure that wasn't the original plan.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-11, 01:53

Got to whine about something?

Ugly win but if you think MSU has been in a position to put a 2nd stringer in with a patchwork line you are bat crazy.

Like Herm Edwards said, "You play to win the game."

You don't pencil in games on your schedule to get 2nd string QB's in unless your team is 0-6 not 6-0.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-11, 01:58

GRR Spartan wrote:Got to whine about something?

Ugly win but if you think MSU has been in a position to put a 2nd stringer in with a patchwork line you are bat crazy.

Like Herm Edwards said, "You play to win the game."

You don't pencil in games on your schedule to get 2nd string QB's in unless your team is 0-6 not 6-0.

You do when the opponents are 2 directional schools, a service academy, Purdon't, & Rutgers. Circumstances are what they are, but it's still a handful of opportunities lost to get those guys significant experience.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-11, 02:20

Heat Miser wrote:

I'm not talking "snap our two". The schedule was setup to get TOC & Terry significant playing time in 5 of the first 6 games. They end up getting nothing. I'm sure that wasn't the original plan.

Allow me to clarify.... Andrew maxwell did end up getting experience. A lot of it. He started. After 13 games he wasnt any good. It didn't matter.

I'm not saying that experience wouldn't help our current backups. Just that comparing them to maxwell isn't really valid, since experience didn't really help that particular one.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-11, 02:24

Heat Miser wrote:

Allow me to clarify.... Andrew maxwell did end up getting experience. A lot of it. He started. After 13 games he wasnt any good. It didn't matter.

I'm not saying that experience wouldn't help our current backups. Just that comparing them to maxwell isn't really valid, since experience didn't really help that particular one.

Fair enough. Just wish we could've got those guys some game reps. Maybe against Maryland if anybody's left to block for them.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-11, 02:26

Heat Miser wrote:

Fair enough. Just wish we could've got those guys some game reps. Maybe against Maryland if anybody's left to block for them.

Yeah, that'd be good. It's kind of all in this season though. Next year is going to be a bit of a rebuilding year regardless (by that I mean 9-3 or 8-4 ish) no matter what we do. We'll be back the year after that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-11, 05:30

Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 5h5 hours ago

MSU has won 32 of its last 35 games, and is 30-3 since the beginning of the 2013 season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-11, 05:31

tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread - Page 9 CRAyoJjWwAABQIS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-11, 05:32

With Ike & Plax on the sidelines this was in the bag all along.

Ike Reese ‏@Ike58Reese 5h5 hours ago
Enjoyed watching the #SpartanDawgs from the sidelines with my Pup @plaxicoburress!!! #V4MSU #GotTheW

tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread - Page 9 CRAqjtYUsAA6Nb0
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-11, 06:00

Great to see Ike and Plax hanging around
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-10-11, 07:58

LooseGoose wrote:With Ike & Plax on the sidelines this was in the bag all along.

Ike Reese ‏@Ike58Reese 5h5 hours ago
Enjoyed watching the #SpartanDawgs from the sidelines with my Pup @plaxicoburress!!! #V4MSU #GotTheW

tOfficial Scarlet Knights go down in defeat game thread - Page 9 CRAqjtYUsAA6Nb0

Any eligibility left?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-12, 19:30

BTN shatters viewership mark with record Saturday

Delaney's master plan is coming together......

The Big Ten Network saw its highest viewership in its history on Saturday, with four of the top-18 football teams in the country playing on the network. For the day (12p-12a), BTN earned a 2.04 HH rating in the network’s 12 metered markets,* and topped its previous record set in November 2014 by 30 percent.

BTN’s games were the highest rated across all cable networks in Baltimore, Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton, Detroit and Washington, D.C. and second in Indianapolis, Milwaukee, New York and Philadelphia.**

“The heightened interest in Big Ten football around the country has generated increased enthusiasm for the conference, the schools and BTN,” said BTN President Mark Silverman. “The results from Saturday’s games have exceeded even our most optimistic expectations.”

The noon ET game featuring Maryland at No. 1 Ohio State, a 49-28 Buckeye win, averaged a 2.6 HH rating in the network’s 12 metered markets. The 3:30 p.m. ET matchup between No. 13 Northwestern and No. 18 Michigan resulted in the Wolverines’ third-consecutive shutout and delivered a 2.3 HH rating.

The 8 p.m. ET primetime game showcased No. 4 Michigan State at Rutgers, with the Spartans needing a touchdown in the final minute to secure the victory. Overall, the game earned a 1.7 HH rating.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next