Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valenti giving the state of State address at 4

+12
steveschneider
DWags
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
NigelUno
tanfan!
The_Dude
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 Empty Valenti giving the state of State address at 4

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-12, 15:37

Be sure to tune in to get a non homer take on where we stand.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 Empty Re: Valenti giving the state of State address at 4

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-12, 15:40

Only way to get an objective evaluation
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 Empty Re: Valenti giving the state of State address at 4

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 15:42

Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 276803595

Last edited by NigelUno on 2015-10-12, 15:44; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 15:43

The_Dude wrote:Be sure to tune in to get a non homer take on where we stand.

Tanfan! wrote:Only way to get an objective evaluation

Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 Two+Peas+in+a+Pod
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-12, 15:53

Just out of curiosity, am I supposed to stop rooting for MSU? I already stated on Saturday or Sunday that I was willing to do so. Should I make other plans for Saturday afternoon? I'm not sure what exactly it is I'm supposed to do here. Do I start calling Hollis and tell him to fire Dantonio? What does being an 'objective' fan mean?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-12, 15:55

I was really worried you weren't going to give us the weekly valenti hot take you usually provide. Thank God you didn't waste any time this week. My precious little heart couldn't have taken it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-12, 15:57

I'm always willing to take instructions from someone with a show on the radio..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-12, 15:58

InTenSity wrote:Just out of curiosity, am I supposed to stop rooting for MSU? I already stated on Saturday or Sunday that I was willing to do so. Should I make other plans for Saturday afternoon? I'm not sure what exactly it is I'm supposed to do here. Do I start calling Hollis and tell him to fire Dantonio? What does being an 'objective' fan mean?

No need to be a drama queen.

Of course we will all be rooting hard for a Spartan win.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 15:59

The_Dude wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Just out of curiosity, am I supposed to stop rooting for MSU? I already stated on Saturday or Sunday that I was willing to do so. Should I make other plans for Saturday afternoon? I'm not sure what exactly it is I'm supposed to do here. Do I start calling Hollis and tell him to fire Dantonio? What does being an 'objective' fan mean?

You're trying too hard.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-12, 16:00

The_Dude wrote:

You just came in here and told me I could get a non homer view of the team. Ok?!? You love this shit. I'll be golfing with my new maize and blue golf bag.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-12, 16:07

Valenti is trash, like OP.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-12, 16:10

Sorry trolls but Valenti says he thinks MSU will win and that Cook is arguably the best QB in the country.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-12, 16:16

Why does Valenti's opinion have more value than any poster on any board?

Mike's contract is based radio advertising sales and the higher his ratings the more secure he is in getting the next contract.  

It's business and now that no more.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-12, 16:19

Curses, I missed it! Guess I'll just fart for half an hour and get the gist of his message.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-10-12, 16:23

GRR Spartan wrote:Why does Valenti's opinion have more value than any poster on any board?

Mike's contract is based radio advertising sales and the higher his ratings the more secure he is in getting the next contract.  

It's business and now that no more.

Been saying this for years and years. Is he a state fan? Sure. But never forget how his is able to keep a radio show and what determines that ability.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-12, 16:24

tGreenWay wrote:Curses, I missed it! Guess I'll just fart for half an hour and get the gist of his message.
Impressive
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-12, 16:30

The_Dude wrote:Sorry trolls but Valenti says he thinks MSU will win and that Cook is arguably the best QB in the country.
Great. I'm still going golfing on Saturday.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-12, 16:31

InTenSity wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Sorry trolls but Valenti says he thinks MSU will win and that Cook is arguably the best QB in the country.

Glad to hear. Keep us posted.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 16:37

It must suck that his "non homer take" and "objective evaluation" didn't meet your (and Tanfan's) expectations.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 16:43

His "objective evaluation" is that you are a self loathing fan. Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 1966794946

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-12, 16:45

So, what do you think of his evaluation?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-12, 16:45

I just put my diploma through the shredder, will dump all green and white gear off at the good will tonight. Going to start filling out an application for UofM Flint so that I can get on board the khaki party.

All the fear mongering fairies have me convinced it's over.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 16:47

DWags wrote:

Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-12, 16:47

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

He knows he's my bitch. It's all good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 16:54

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He knows he's my bitch. It's all good.

Tanfan is SLS.

Self Loathing Spartan
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-12, 16:56

Death Roe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Glad to hear. Keep us posted.
If you really want to know. I'll golf in the morning. My wife picked up a Friday night shift so she would have Saturday off. I'll head to the Sandbar and probably hope for a few things.

Hey Miami! Is this weekend the pumpkin Patch in tGrove? Is it Octoberfest again, so there won't be any seating. I want to come out this weekend, but damn I hate when it gets crowded in there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-12, 17:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Curses, I missed it! Guess I'll just fart for half an hour and get the gist of his message.
Impressive

It's gotten easier as I've aged. Def an upside to getting old.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-10-12, 17:28

Valenti picks MSU because there are far more Walverines listening who will then tune in to listen to the outrage.

Tanfan picks UM because there are far more Spartans (on these boards) that will click on it to read the outrage.

The Dude just waits until Valenti tells him what to think.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 17:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:Valenti picks MSU because there are far more Walverines listening who will then tune in to listen to the outrage.

Tanfan picks UM because there are far more Spartans (on these boards) that will click on it to read the outrage.

Oh. You didn't get the memo.

Valenti provides a "non homer take" and gives "objective evaluations".

His objective evaluation was that Tanfan is a Self Loathing Spartan.

I wonder where the 2 peas went?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-10-12, 17:46

InTenSity wrote:
Hey Miami! Is this weekend the pumpkin Patch in tGrove? Is it Octoberfest again, so there won't be any seating. I want to come out this weekend, but damn I hate when it gets crowded in there.
Pumpkin patch is next weekend, according to Coconut Grove's website. The Grove's Grovetoberfest is this weekend....however, last year (and maybe the year before that) the Sandbar did theirs a different weekend than the rest of the Grove. The UM game was during the Sandbar's Octoberfest last year, I think, but we had seating (and mental can usually reserve us a table if nothing else). The problem now, however, is that they hardly have any high top tables, so if we're sitting at a regular sized table and people are walking around a lot, we won't be able to see. So not sure. If there's going to be an issue watching it, we may opt for the Barracuda instead, which is right around the corner. I'll touch base with mentalstate later in the week and see what's up. Will keep you posted.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-10-12, 17:57

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Valenti picks MSU because there are far more Walverines listening who will then tune in to listen to the outrage.

Meh, they both (Tanfan and Valenti) just want to rile people up.

If a fish bites the hook, he shouldn't blame the fisherman for dropping it in water. Of course, some fish are bored, and just want to battle the fisherman, so they tug on the line, to make the fisherman think he's got a bite, all the while staying away from the sharp end of the hook. But most fish that bite actually think the worm with the pointy barb sticking out of the side of it is actually a good meal choice. And, if you're still following this analogy, can you explain it to me? Cause I lost myself.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-12, 18:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

If a fish bites the hook, he shouldn't blame the fisherman for dropping it in water. Of course, some fish are bored, and just want to battle the fisherman, so they tug on the line, to make the fisherman think he's got a bite, all the while staying away from the sharp end of the hook. But most fish that bite actually think the worm with the pointy barb sticking out of the side of it is actually a good meal choice. And, if you're still following this analogy, can you explain it to me? Cause I lost myself.

Holy rambling metaphors, batman.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 18:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Valenti went fishing and Tanfan (the fish) just jumped out of the water into the boat. Now he's just flopping around trying to figure out how to get back in the water.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-12, 19:05

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Valenti went fishing and Tanfan (the fish) just jumped out of the water into the boat. Now he's just flopping around trying to figure out how to get back in the water.

You love Mikey
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore 2015-10-12, 19:24

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You love Mikey

Serious question: Are you Valenti?
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-12, 19:35

Rod Porkmore wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You love Mikey

Serious question: Are you Valenti?

I'm whatever you want me to be
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-10-12, 20:14

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You love Mikey
I know you were directing that at Nigel, but I do like Valenti. He's a good entertainer, which is his job. Not a good sports analyst, though...and that's not his job.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 20:14

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You love Mikey

Don't listen to him. Don't care what he thinks.

Seems like you care. Or you did before his show today. Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-14, 15:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Pumpkin patch is next weekend, according to Coconut Grove's website. The Grove's Grovetoberfest is this weekend....however, last year (and maybe the year before that) the Sandbar did theirs a different weekend than the rest of the Grove. The UM game was during the Sandbar's Octoberfest last year, I think, but we had seating (and mental can usually reserve us a table if nothing else). The problem now, however, is that they hardly have any high top tables, so if we're sitting at a regular sized table and people are walking around a lot, we won't be able to see. So not sure. If there's going to be an issue watching it, we may opt for the Barracuda instead, which is right around the corner. I'll touch base with mentalstate later in the week and see what's up. Will keep you posted.
You talk to Mental yet?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-14, 15:27

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You love Mikey

Don't listen to him. Don't care what he thinks.

Seems like you care. Or you did before his show today. Valenti giving the state of State address at 4 502811600

Yeah he's one of the only MSU voices under the blue wall but he's not a cheerleader
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next