Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them)

+9
Giant Moose
MiamiSpartan
Blanch32
TrueGreenSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
Gomer
InTenSity
NigelUno
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are your feelings on other site's mods being mods on this esteemed board?

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_lcap53%Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 19 ]
Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_lcap11%Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_lcap8%Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_lcap28%Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 36

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Empty Mods (and a serious? discussion of them)

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 09:31

For the purposes of discussion, the list of mods under consideration (with regard to this poll) would include any of those listed as mods on another site.

The first option would preclude any of those listed.
The second option would make it very difficult for one to get elected, but any candidate elected using this criteria would seem to be popular (or at least recognized as a very good mod).
The third option would make it difficult.
The fourth option is as written in the charter.

This is just a poll.  Is is not a motion to change the charter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Empty Re: Mods (and a serious? discussion of them)

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-08, 09:46

I don't even think they should be part of the Geronte, but that's not up to me.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Empty Re: Mods (and a serious? discussion of them)

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 09:51

It? Not over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-05-08, 09:54

Additional voting rules would be redundant.

I think the current means of electing mods would work fine. Regardless.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-08, 10:00

K.I.S.S.

We already have a process for electing & removing mods, & guidelines to keep them in check, regardless of their history.

Everyone comes here with a clean slate.

Let's not over complicate things. That path leads to the dark side.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-08, 10:01

I don't care who the mods are. SRC has tried to put something in place where they are rarely needed, and not really very powerful. That's how it should be. Hell, I'd go so far as to say we shouldn't even really know who they are. Way too much emphasis on the old place and the modding there (and anger, too). This is a new way of thinking, and the question is somewhat irrelevant, imo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 10:14

It's just a poll. If you like the as is option (as written in the charter), you can vote for that one.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 10:25

I'm fine with being banned if I've really crossed a line. It was the arbitrary shit that pissed me off. We're adults, discuss it with me don't just drop the hammer on me because I made you look stupid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 10:39

only on tBob Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 2599972566
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-08, 10:59

Its like having blind pigs break up your house party and freeing issue 1000 dolls noise violations and mips left and right. Then running into those exact same cops at harpers the next night and they start chatting you up and they don't see what the big deal is or any kind of problem whatsoever.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 11:03

blanch32 wrote:Its like having blind pigs break up your house party and freeing issue 1000 dolls noise violations and mips left and right. Then running into those exact same cops at harpers the next night and they start chatting you up and they don't see what the big deal is or any kind of problem whatsoever.

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 1431518612 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-05-08, 12:07

No way. It would be like giving General Cornwallis and General Howe positions in the the first United States Army.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-08, 12:12

Can we remove our Secretary-General if he doesn't post tBob moderator poll where three members of the Geronte nominated a user?

As far as I'm concerned, Nigel is in violation of the board charter until he puts Trevor up for vote for tBob moderator.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 12:14

Giant Moose wrote:Can we remove our Secretary-General if he doesn't post tBob moderator poll where three members of the Geronte nominated a user?

As far as I'm concerned, Nigel is in violation of the board charter until he puts Trevor up for vote for tBob moderator.

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) Oh-snap-gif-1
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 12:34

Giant Moose wrote:Can we remove our Secretary-General if he doesn't post tBob moderator poll where three members of the Geronte nominated a user?

I think your concerns were already addressed. I will try (again) to get a reply from the "nominee" to determine his willingness to participate in the moderation of tBob. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-08, 12:37

NigelUno wrote:

I think your concerns were already addressed.  I will try (again) to get a reply from the "nominee" to determine his willingness to participate in the moderation of tBob.  Please let me know if you have any other concerns.  
No one waited for Bob's willingness, and in fact he said he has no desire to be tBob moderator yet there is a vote for him right now. I think you are inventing your own rules. Shall I call you NedgoUno?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-05-08, 12:44

Let the Gerousia vote, then if he is approved, he can choose to decline.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 12:45

Giant Moose wrote:
No one waited for Bob's willingness, and in fact he said he has no desire to be tBob moderator yet there is a vote for him right now. I think you are inventing your own rules. Shall I call you NedgoUno?

You'll figure out the rules. It's like an Easter egg hunt.
- Heat Miser
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 12:52

Giant Moose wrote:

I have contacted Bob. If he is now unwilling to serve, then I will end his candidacy.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 12:58

NigelUno wrote:

I have contacted Bob.  If he is now unwilling to serve, then I will end his candidacy.  

BobS wrote:I don't really have a desire to be a mod.. especially of my own forum. And, yes, I do disappear for weeks at a time - leaving the country later this month and again (probably) toward the end of summer..

ya know.. so there's that.

I nominate Trevor. Unless he's busy figuring out how to bold text at tRCMB..

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 2599972566 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 13:03

NigelUno wrote:

I have contacted Bob.  If he is now unwilling to serve, then I will end his candidacy.  

Bump.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 13:06

NigelUno wrote:

Bump.

TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 13:15

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

He may be willing to serve, even though he has no desire to be a mod.

Again, I have contacted him.

I know it is important to you that we make sure candidates are willing to serve, and I appreciate your concern.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 13:21

NigelUno wrote:

He may be willing to serve, even though he has no desire to be a mod.  

Again, I have contacted him.

I know it is important to you that we make sure candidates are willing to serve, and I appreciate your concern.    

Hey don't pin this shit on me. I seconded the motion for tBarnes. Moose is the one demanding action. I just quoted what Bob posted at 12:24PM today Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 2599972566
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-08, 13:22

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Hey don't pin this shit on me.  I seconded the motion for tBarnes.  Moose is the one demanding action.  I just quoted what Bob posted at 12:24PM today Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 2599972566
I just wanted to have an excuse to call him NedgoUno.  Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 2599972566 
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 13:26

Giant Moose wrote:
I just wanted to have an excuse to call him NedgoUno.  Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 2599972566 

Take it back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 14:21

NigelUno wrote:

Take it back.

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 506486848
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-08, 14:25

No no no
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-08, 14:30

Heat Miser wrote:K.I.S.S.

We already have a process for electing & removing mods, & guidelines to keep them in check, regardless of their history.

Everyone comes here with a clean slate.

Let's not over complicate things. That path leads to the dark side.

was just coming in here to post this. Couldn't have said it better.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-08, 14:42

R.P. McMurphy wrote:
You'll figure out the rules. It's like an Easter egg hunt.
- Heat Miser

It gives me joy that you're butthurt over this. It also says something about you that nobody else has stepped forward to let you in on the big secret.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 14:48

Heat Miser wrote:

It gives me joy that you're butthurt over this. It also says something about you that nobody else has stepped forward to let you in on the big secret.

Butthurt over what? What are you talking about?  
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-08, 14:54

R.P. McMurphy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Butthurt over what? What are you talking about?  

The downvote mystery you were obviously referring to that's got you flummoxed.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 15:02

Heat Miser wrote:

You mean the screenshots that you can't explain? We discussed on this in PMs. Remember?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-08, 15:04

R.P. McMurphy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

You mean the screenshots that you can't explain?  We discussed on this in PMs. Remember?

I can absolutely explain them. I choose not to.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 15:07

Heat Miser wrote:

OK.  Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 502811600 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-08, 15:08

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 1853518006 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 15:12

Please stop hurting your butts!

Last edited by NigelUno on 2014-05-08, 15:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It sounded bad.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 15:15

NigelUno wrote:Please stop hurting your butts!

Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 3557613862 Mods (and a serious? discussion of them) 3836498553 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 09:57

Bump
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 10:00

Heat Miser wrote:

Can the 'easter egg' as you call it, be fixed or is that permanent?

Last edited by TrueGreenSpartan on 2014-05-09, 10:55; edited 1 time in total
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next