Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel and InTensity (fuck blanch)

+4
SpartanInNH
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Ass Dan
8 posters

Go down

Nigel and InTensity (fuck blanch) Empty Nigel and InTensity (fuck blanch)

Post by Ass Dan 2015-10-23, 23:20

Do you guys drink craft beer?

More importantly, do you ever ship yourself beer from Michigan? Is that even legal? I miss the good stuff. Louisiana beer is terrible by comparison. Visiting Michigan around thanksgiving but I'm hoping to either bring some beer home with me or ship it to myself. Do you recommend either approach or am I pretty much fucked? TIA
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nigel and InTensity (fuck blanch) Empty Re: Nigel and InTensity (fuck blanch)

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-23, 23:27

Wtf are you still doing down there in Louisiana?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-23, 23:58

steveschneider wrote:Wtf are you still doing down there in Louisiana?

He lives there now, amirite?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-24, 00:03

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Wtf are you still doing down there in Louisiana?

I thought he was Chicago bound? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

My advice take up moonshine.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-24, 00:07

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I thought it was Baton Rouge, but I'm often wrong.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-24, 06:44

Just like the guy to start a thread and not check in.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-24, 08:45

Louisiana is the worst state for craft beer in the country (I actually looked it up). Georgia has some decent beer and I have a Total Wine Store close, so I can basically get whatever I want. I wouldn't get beer shipped to me anyway...not that important, and shipping would probably be more than the cost of the beer itself. States have different rules on shipping in alcohol too (I think anyway).

I was going to say just drink Dixie Beer, but I looked them up and Katrina wiped them out (along with the government pulling some eminent domain bullshit on their building/brewery).

There has to be a liquor/beer store around with a somewhat decent selection. I would check some of these out:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/place/list/?city=Baton+Rouge&c_id=US&s_id=LA

They might be stocked full of Southern beers. There's not a ton of Northern transplants in Louisiana.

As you can see, there's not a lot of breweries in Louisiana (but try some of these):

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/state/la/

Don't be "That Guy" that has to ship in beer. Louisiana isn't a good spot to be elitist (even about beer).

That's my expert advice.

Oh, and don't turn your nose up at a good crawfish boil.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-24, 08:48

Oh. I forgot. Eat some beignets.

Those are good.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-24, 09:29

I drink craft beer. I don't have it shipped. Florida has enough of a selection but nothing the size of Michigan.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-10-24, 13:55

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I thought it was Baton Rouge, but I'm often wrong.

Yeah I moved down last week. It's cool so far, nice weather, good food but the beer is weak shit. I can't live like this
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-10-24, 13:59

NigelUno wrote:Louisiana is the worst state for craft beer in the country (I actually looked it up). Georgia has some decent beer and I have a Total Wine Store close, so I can basically get whatever I want. I wouldn't get beer shipped to me anyway...not that important, and shipping would probably be more than the cost of the beer itself. States have different rules on shipping in alcohol too (I think anyway).

I was going to say just drink Dixie Beer, but I looked them up and Katrina wiped them out (along with the government pulling some eminent domain bullshit on their building/brewery).

There has to be a liquor/beer store around with a somewhat decent selection. I would check some of these out:

They might be stocked full of Southern beers. There's not a ton of Northern transplants in Louisiana.

As you can see, there's not a lot of breweries in Louisiana (but try some of these):

Don't be "That Guy" that has to ship in beer. Louisiana isn't a good spot to be elitist (even about beer).

That's my expert advice.

This is all very useful, thanks mayne. I really wasn't planning on shipping beer down but I just miss the good stuff.

When/where would q crawfish boil happen? Is that a VFW hall type of event where I pay $10 to get in or is it more like a casual bbq setting? Very interested in that
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-24, 14:27

Ass Dan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Louisiana is the worst state for craft beer in the country (I actually looked it up).  Georgia has some decent beer and I have a Total Wine Store close, so I can basically get whatever I want.  I wouldn't get beer shipped to me anyway...not that important, and shipping would probably be more than the cost of the beer itself.  States have different rules on shipping in alcohol too (I think anyway).

There has to be a liquor/beer store around with a somewhat decent selection.  I would check some of these out:

They might be stocked full of Southern beers.  There's not a ton of Northern transplants in Louisiana.

Don't be "That Guy" that has to ship in beer.  Louisiana isn't a good spot to be elitist (even about beer).

That's my expert advice.

This is all very useful, thanks mayne. I really wasn't planning on shipping beer down but I just miss the good stuff.

When/where would q crawfish boil happen? Is that a VFW hall type of event where I pay $10 to get in or is it more like a casual bbq setting? Very interested in that

It happens just about anywhere.  You'll probably see some people doing it at a tailgate.  I've been to bigger ones where everything just gets dumped on picnic tables and the feast begins.  Definitely casual...it gets kind of messy.

People in the South are friendly.

My one tip: Don't get involved in Civil War discussions and don't EVER say...We Won the War.

(with We being the North obviously)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-10-24, 14:48

NigelUno wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

It happens just about anywhere.  You'll probably see some people doing it at a tailgate.  I've been to bigger ones where everything just gets dumped on picnic tables and the feast begins.  Definitely casual...it gets kind of messy.

My one tip: Don't get involved in Civil War discussions and don't EVER say...We Won the War.

Haha yeah I've heard it's just best to shut your mouth when it comes to The war of northern oppression. I'll do my best to find one of them crawfish boils and report my findings back here. I keep hearing how great the food is down here but I've just been cooking for myself, trying to save as much money as possible.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-24, 14:54

It it is that big of a deal, learn how to make your own and order yer shit online.

Northern Brewer

$7.99 flat rate shipping. You order, literally, a zilly beer kits and have them shipped to you for 8 bucks in shipping cost.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-24, 15:10

Ass Dan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Haha yeah I've heard it's just best to shut your mouth when it comes to The war of northern oppression. I'll do my best to find one of them crawfish boils and report my findings back here. I keep hearing how great the food is down here but I've just been cooking for myself, trying to save as much money as possible.

Going to a game at Tiger Stadium is a blast. Ever been to an SEC game?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow 2015-10-24, 21:35

So yeah the beer sucks here in Louisiana (lake charles area) but the food is great. Enjoy the experience, ignore the sec fucks and make some money. In the last 3 years I have lived in south Carolina (twice), Texas and Louisiana. I miss Michigan dearly and can't wait to move back.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down