Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina

+11
InTenSity
Nordic
The_Dude
Dr. Strangelove
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Snake Plissken
GRR Spartan
Ass Dan
Giant Moose
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina - Page 2 Empty Re: The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-30, 10:06

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:If Fleck asked my advice - and he won't.

I'd recommend he act just like Narduzzi.  Stay right where he is rather than take a dead end P5 job.  With the recruiting classes he's brought in he should be able to win big the next couple years and will have his choice of places to jump.

I think there is still some coaching changes to be seen that are going to be making WMU squirm along with BGSU.  

Trouble with waiting is sometimes the better places aren't available later.   Illinois has a perceived location problem but Manhatten KS isn't an ideal location and the right coach changed things.  

I think Miami is going through what's happened at ND, umaa and USC.  It's fans and enough donors have an higher opinion of the job that what really exists.  It's got a great history and good academics but they don't have an indoor practice facility.  In the last 2 seasons they have lost 22 days of practice due to rain.  Another issue is SunLife Field is 22 miles from campus.    

That's why I think a guy like Fleck or BGSU's Babers might end up in Miami.  They are both energetic recruiters in a place where youth football is a religion. When Miami hired Schnellenberger it was Howard who?
Miami is also a private school. I don't think the administration looked kindly on being called Thug U, or whatever it was. Listening to the radio down here, all the guys want a former um player to be the coach. They interviewed a former player who is the HC for American Heritage (some HS somewhere), after the interview, everyone wanted that guy to be the HC. The administration and the fans are very split on what they want.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina - Page 2 Empty Re: The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-30, 10:41

InTenSity, that goes back to how fans overrate their school and how they think you need a a big name and /or grad or someone with a hometown connection to make it work.

In MSU's case, how many MSU fans had Mark Dantonio on their top 5 wish list?
How many Ohio State fans even had Jim Tressel on their list and how many USC fans thought Pete Carroll, a failed NFL coach would win contend for national championships?

Mario Cristobal, Miami native and former Miami player, currently the OLine caoch at 'Bama is a fan favorite but his HC experience was 27-47 in 6 seasons at Florida International.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-30, 10:51

Oh, Miami has quite a few other issues. MSU, might have been successful with whoever they took. Maybe not this successful, but changes were happening already to help MSU move forward. I don't see that happening in Miami. The show that I listened to, had one former Gator on as well. He keeps telling the other 2 guys that bringing in a former player isn't going to work. Randy Shannon didn't work, recruited well, but couldn't coach well. They need good facilities, and really, they need to build a stadium nearby. My buddy had free tickets to the game, club level seating, and couldn't get rid of them all. Their student section is half of one section. Their band has about 50 members. I've now been to two games. I think both times the opposing fan base outnumbered the Miami fan base.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-10-30, 13:49

Welp, I woulda picked Pitt, so it doesn't matter that OTPT didn't post the games until Wednesday.

The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina - Page 2 2130724145
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-30, 13:53

Rocinante wrote:Welp, I woulda picked Pitt, so it doesn't matter that OTPT didn't post the games until Wednesday.

The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina - Page 2 2130724145

Steve hides from the pick em threads now so I had to take charge.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-30, 14:12

I'd recommend he act just like Narduzzi.  Stay right where he is rather than take a dead end P5 job.  With the recruiting classes he's brought in he should be able to win big the next couple years and will have his choice of places to jump.

If your options are Illinois to Maryland, patience is a virtue.  If Minnesota came calling, then listen.  If Kill proved anything, it is possible to have winning seasons there after all. At least int the short term.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-30, 14:14

GRR Spartan wrote:InTenSity, that goes back to how fans overrate their school and how they think you need a a big name and /or  grad or someone with a hometown connection to make it work.

How many Ohio State fans even had Jim Tressel on their list and how many USC fans thought Pete Carroll, a failed NFL coach would win contend for national championships?

Mario Cristobal, Miami native and former Miami player, currently the OLine caoch at 'Bama is a fan favorite but his HC experience was  27-47 in 6 seasons at Florida International.

Meh, on the old board, when Dantonio first got the job at Cincinatti, I started a thread that congratulated the "next MSU coach when JLS leaves".   

He was always who I thought would get the job.  Wasn't sure he'd be this successful, but was who I thought had the right personality to steady the ship that was so lost at sea.  I always thought 8-9 wins was possible 4 or 5 years into his tenure.  And frankly, it's all I was dreaming about.    What he's done even blows this SB away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-30, 14:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:

If your options are Illinois to Maryland, patience is a virtue.  If Minnesota came calling, then listen.  If Kill proved anything, it is possible to have winning seasons there after all. At least int the short term.

Except for the rough competition in the B1GTen East the Maryland job would intrigue me. With the UnderArmour backing and the local talent base (MD, DC, VA) I think the right person could make it work there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-10-30, 14:58

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:InTenSity, that goes back to how fans overrate their school and how they think you need a a big name and /or  grad or someone with a hometown connection to make it work.

Mario Cristobal, Miami native and former Miami player, currently the OLine caoch at 'Bama is a fan favorite but his HC experience was  27-47 in 6 seasons at Florida International.

Meh, on the old board, when Dantonio first got the job at Cincinatti, I started a thread that congratulated the "next MSU coach when JLS leaves".   

He was always who I thought would get the job.  Wasn't sure he'd be this successful, but was who I thought had the right personality to steady the ship that was so lost at sea.  I always thought 8-9 wins was possible 4 or 5 years into his tenure.  And frankly, it's all I was dreaming about.    What he's done even blows this SB away.

Yours was a joke thread. After the Purdue 2005 loss, I was dead serious about dantonio and first called it. Also nailed his last 2 hires as well in bellman and snyder
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-30, 15:18

The FightingDuzzis vs NorthCarolina - Page 2 200
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-30, 16:14

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I doubt you know a horrid call when you see one. I'm not even sure you know what the game of football is, but like usual, somebody else (in this case the announcers) told you what to think.

Nah. Pitt was getting a few yards ever run. To QB sneak it anything more than a yard is bad and they needed a yard and half.

He's maximizing what he has. UNC just had better skill players.

Ok. Sounds good. By the way, in case you do not know, the QB is the quarterback. The quarterback is the person that lines up behind the center. The center is the person on the offensive line - that line of players in front of the quarterback - that gives the ball to the quarterback each play. That process is referred to as the snap. The quarterback more-or-less directs the offense, which is the team with the ball, on the field. Based on some of your previous posts, I was not sure if you knew what the announcers meant when they referred to the quarterback position. Do not confuse the quarterback with cornerback. They sound similar, but cornerbacks play on defense.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-30, 19:35

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Nah. Pitt was getting a few yards ever run. To QB sneak it anything more than a yard is bad and they needed a yard and half.

He's maximizing what he has. UNC just had better skill players.

Ok. Sounds good. By the way, in case you do not know, the QB is the quarterback. The quarterback is the person that lines up behind the center. The center is the person on the offensive line - that line of players in front of the quarterback - that gives the ball to the quarterback each play. That process is referred to as the snap. The quarterback more-or-less directs the offense, which is the team with the ball, on the field. Based on some of your previous posts, I was not sure if you knew what the announcers meant when they referred to the quarterback position. Do not confuse the quarterback with cornerback. They sound similar, but cornerbacks play on defense.

Trying too hard bruh pale
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-30, 20:25

That post wasn't too hard to type. Pretty basic stuff. Do you need somebody to break it down a bit more for you?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum