Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We got hosed

+8
Rodeo Burger
GRR Spartan
pulling69
Ass Dan
Death Roe
Vlad
Travis of the Cosmos
SeeRockCity
12 posters

Go down

We got hosed Empty We got hosed

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 01:04

Didn't watch the game but I just got home and saw the clip.

Clearly out of bounds. Case closed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

We got hosed Empty Re: We got hosed

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-08, 01:09

Watch the actual game, you won't care about the call anymore.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-08, 01:12

SeeRockCity wrote:Watch the actual game, you won't care about the call anymore.

Yeah. I'm not even really that mad or upset. Which is weird. We have been playing on the edge for the whole season. Odds are that eventually you're gonna slip off. Sucks. But it is what it is.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 01:18

makes no sense to me. If I watch the whole game I will see msu up by 6 and Nebraska score on a terrible call.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-08, 01:20

steveschneider wrote:

makes no sense to me. If I watch the whole game I will see msu up by 6 and Nebraska score on a terrible call.

SRC is right. Watch the whole game.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-11-08, 01:22

fuck Vlad
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 01:24

Vlad wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't need to. Msu was up by 6. Neb was gifted a td. Unbelievably bad call.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-11-08, 02:21

steveschneider wrote:
Vlad wrote:

We gifted them quite a bit before that td occurred. If you didn't watch the game then shut the fuck up when grown folks are talking, steve
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-11-08, 02:27

steveschneider wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Gifted 2 TDs....Calhoun being held right in front of the ref on the QB run for a score was a shit show.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-11-08, 02:29

[quote="pulling69"]
steveschneider wrote:

Gifted 2 TDs....Calhoun being held right in front of the ref on the QB run for a score was a shit show.[/quote
Calhoun took himself out of the play by complaining to the referee instead of pursuing Armstrong.

Nebraska receivers got away with shoving msu defensive backs all night too. It was a fucking mess.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-08, 02:30

MSU down by 10 if first quarter.

MSU up by 12, with less than 6 minutes left

MSU up by 5 with 1:47 left with the ball at Nebraska 35. MSU calls 3 runs then punts

Nebraska gets the ball back at their 9 with 52 seconds left and scores with 17 seconds left on a controversial 30 yard TD pass (receiver stepped out of bounds before catching the ball)

Bottom line, Nebraska outscored MSU 19-7 in the 4th quarter and MSU defense allowed 499 total yards.

And as Pulling 69 said , OC Warner called a TE reverse using Lyles with  3rd and 9 with the game on the line needing one first down to ice the game.  Cook threw for 335 /4 TD/1 INT and they chose the TE Reverse over a Cook bootleg anywhere in that series or some kind of slant play.

That last series was very Rousharesque.  Something I never expected from a guy like Warner calling plays as Co-OC.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-11-08, 03:50

The refs screwed us, but NU would have had another chance, and they were marching on the defense.

The bottom line is that MSU had converted 8 straight 3rd downs by passing the ball. Then, with the game on the line, Dantonio decides to run the ball.. with Tight End Jamal Lyles. ON A FUCKING MISDIRECTION, SLOW DEVELOPING, SWEEP.

Guess what? We didn't convert the 3rd down. And then we lost. Because the guy who has never run the ball in his life didn't pick up the 1st down.

Maybe next week we can have Shelton, Kings, Arnett and Burbridge play DL if the other team needs to convert a 4th and 1. Or would that be stupid as hell?
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 08:30

Rodeo Burger wrote:The refs screwed us, but NU would have had another chance, and they were marching on the defense.

The bottom line is that MSU had converted 8 straight 3rd downs by passing the ball. Then, with the game on the line, Dantonio decides to run the ball.. with Tight End Jamal Lyles. ON A FUCKING MISDIRECTION, SLOW DEVELOPING, SWEEP.

Guess what? We didn't convert the 3rd down. And then we lost. Because the guy who has never run the ball in his life didn't pick up the 1st down.

Maybe next week we can have Shelton, Kings, Arnett and Burbridge play DL if the other team needs to convert a 4th and 1. Or would that be stupid as hell?

I love how after a ref clearly impacts the game people always point out an earlier sequence of events and say the team that got hosed should have done something better. RIGHT. Well the refs should have done a better job too.

Receiver ran an illegal route, the refs need to apply the rule and take the td off the board.

If NEB scores on the next play without the aid of an official hats off to them.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 08:34

Ass Dan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

We gifted them quite a bit before that td occurred. If you didn't watch the game then shut the fuck up when grown folks are talking, steve

Assdan, this is not Vietnam this is football. There are rules.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 09:17

steveschneider wrote:
Rodeo Burger wrote:The refs screwed us, but NU would have had another chance, and they were marching on the defense.

I love how after a ref clearly impacts the game people always point out an earlier sequence of events and say the team that got hosed should have done something better. RIGHT. Well the refs should have done a better job too.

Receiver ran an illegal route, the refs need to apply the rule and take the td off the board.

The point is that we shouldn't have been in the position for that bad call to make that kind of a difference. Hell, on the play before, Colqhoun had an interception in the end zone and he dropped it when he hit the ground - clear possession and he dropped it - it was a fucking choke job on his part. The biggest disappointment was that we got our OL back and still couldn't run the ball effectively - especially in the last series when it mattered to ice the game. That last offensive play call that we ran and got the hold called was just terrible. The one thing that we couldn't afford on that play was a penalty. That holding penalty stopped the clock and prevented us from from running it down and taking a delay of game just before the punt. That penalty gave Nebraska at least an additional 25 seconds of clock. Maybe the refs gave Nebraska a gift there too, I don't know, I didn't look at the replay as I was switching back and forth with the Bama LSU game. All I know is that it was a series of failures and blown opportunities at the end that created the conditions for that bad call to seal our fate. Yeah, the refs made a terrible call that gifted Nebraska a TD, and those refs should be suspended and the replay rules amended to allow reviews of judgment calls, but I can't say that bad call was the only thing that caused the loss. Don't get me wrong, the officiating was terrible the whole game, but I'm more irritated that we couldn't run the ball when we needed to. I'm more irritated that we lack the dominant run game and defense we needed to compete for a playoff spot. Nebraska hasn't been good this year and we should've been able to put them out of their misery rather easily and we didn't. That's the most disappointing thing to me.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 10:59

Code_Warrior wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The point is that we shouldn't have been in the position for that bad call to make that kind of a difference. Hell, on the play before, Colqhoun had an interception in the end zone and he dropped it when he hit the ground - clear possession and he dropped it - it was a fucking choke job on his part. The biggest disappointment was that we got our OL back and still couldn't run the ball effectively - especially in the last series when it mattered to ice the game. That last offensive play call that we ran and got the hold called was just terrible. The one thing that we couldn't afford on that play was a penalty. That holding penalty stopped the clock and prevented us from from running it down and taking a delay of game just before the punt. That penalty gave Nebraska at least an additional 25 seconds of clock. Maybe the refs gave Nebraska a gift there too, I don't know, I didn't look at the replay as I was switching back and forth with the Bama LSU game. All I know is that it was a series of failures and blown opportunities at the end that created the conditions for that bad call to seal our fate. Yeah, the refs made a terrible call that gifted Nebraska a TD, and those refs should be suspended and the replay rules amended to allow reviews of judgment calls, but I can't say that bad call was the only thing that caused the loss. Don't get me wrong, the officiating was terrible the whole game, but I'm more irritated that we couldn't run the ball when we needed to. I'm more irritated that we lack the dominant run game and defense we needed to compete for a playoff spot. Nebraska hasn't been good this year and we should've been able to put them out of their misery rather easily and we didn't. That's the most disappointing thing to me.

There's always something that can be done differently, blown opportunity, poor execution etc.

We were victim of a horrible call, lets not blame the victim. To make a mundane analogy, this is like if someone leaves something laid out on their car seat visible through the windows and a thief breaks in and steals the item. Sure the victim could have done things differently and that situation could have been preventable but it doesn't make what happened right.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 11:22

steveschneider wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

There's always something that can be done differently, blown opportunity, poor execution etc.

We were victim of a horrible call, lets not blame the victim. To make a mundane analogy, this is like if someone leaves something laid out on their car seat visible through the windows and a thief breaks in and steals the item. Sure the victim could have done things differently and that situation could have been preventable but it doesn't make what happened right.

I agree that the call wasn't right and the refs should be fucked hard. I guess I'm more disappointed in the lack of the dominant running game I expected with the starting OL back together, the shitty special teams play, and the ability of Nebraska to run on our D line than I am in the bad calls. I expected our secondary to be poor, but I thought our run D would be better than that. I know there was a lot of holding going on that contributed to Nebraska's running game, but it didn't seem like the refs were calling holds much at all, so it makes me wonder about our running game. Other than a couple of big runs, for the most part the run game was ineffective. Ultimately, I'm more disappointed that we didn't dominate the running game the way I thought we should've been able to.

I think MSU is a much better team than it showed last night and that's why I'm not so much blaming the bad call as I am the lack of overall disappointing performance. Had we won the game, I would still be upset at the poor performance.

It's kinda weird, but I think I might even feel more angst about the team if we won. I'm actually starting to think that this loss may help the team get better. Maybe the pressure to keep winning was affecting them. Maybe they were too worried about making mistakes and playing tentative. Maybe now that the loss is out of the way, they can play fast and not worry about making mistakes. I don't know. I'm hoping for the best.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-11-08, 11:30

One of the worst coached Dantonio games I've ever seen.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-08, 11:55

Aside from the three stooges and their minion everyone is disappointed but I'm not going full ummie wanting the to wear the "victim" hat every time MSU loses.  The team had multiple chances to put the game away.

Last night the running game was better than in previous games but not good enough to convert a 4th down and short in the 1st quarter and not good enough to get first down that word have iced the game with 1:47 left and a short field.

This is a nice team with one of the best QB's ever to play at MSU.  Great teams don't give up 499 total offensive yards and don't allow an opponent to score 19 points in the 4th quarter.

I'm disappointed but even the number of season ending injuries to defensive starters its still possible for Dantonio to have his third consecutive  10+win season and 5 out of the last 6.  Having lived through Muddy, Perles, Saban, BW and JLS,  I'm not going to wring my hands about being 8-1 too long.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-08, 13:15

GRR Spartan wrote:
Great teams don't give up 499 total offensive yards and don't allow an opponent to score 19 points in the 4th quarter.

If you had to sum things up a succinctly as possible, this is it.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-08, 13:31

SeeRockCity wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:
Great teams don't give up 499 total offensive yards and don't allow an opponent to score 19 points in the 4th quarter.

We would have been great if we allowed 433 yards and 13 points
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 13:34

SeeRockCity wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

In spite of giving up 499 yards, they could have very well won had the refs not blown the call.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-08, 13:36

steveschneider wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

In spite of giving up 499 yards, they could have very well won had the refs not blown the call.

Yes, we get it. The refs blew the call and it cost us the game. You can stop making the point.

There are people ITT that feel that that analysis is an over-simplification.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 13:39

The_Dude wrote:One of the worst coached Dantonio games I've ever seen.

And one of the most inexplicably bad calls I've ever seen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-08, 13:42

SeeRockCity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yes, we get it. The refs blew the call and it cost us the game. You can stop making the point.

I'm just applying occams razor.

Every game played is full of flaws and errors, you can't use those to justify a failure by the refs to apply the rules.

It's like saying if you don't want your house to get robbed you should have locked your doors. True, but it doesn't make the theft right.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-08, 17:06

steveschneider wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm just applying occams razor.

Every game played is full of flaws and errors, you can't use those to justify a failure by the refs to apply the rules.

It's like saying if you don't want your house to get robbed you should have locked your doors. True, but it doesn't make the theft right.

Yes, you made that point with the car.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down