Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening Day Eve....

+8
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
pulling69
Heat Miser
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
tTy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Opening Day Eve.... Empty Opening Day Eve....

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:02

This is weird.... It is Opening Day Eve and I have a half dozen red blooded 'Merican men up here visiting, ready to get up at 5AM, drink some coffee, eat some bacon and eggs and head out to the woods to smoke a deer with a 30.6, and most of us are down with ordering the Rousey PPV tomorrow night. Opening Day Eve.... 4198636888 Opening Day Eve.... 4198636888 Opening Day Eve.... 4198636888 Opening Day Eve.... 4198636888 Opening Day Eve.... 4198636888 Opening Day Eve.... 4198636888 Opening Day Eve.... 4198636888

Two years ago, if someone would have suggested ordering a PPV chick fight (I actually think there are two separate bitch fisticuffs on the schedule), I think that person would get the ever livin fuck beat out of them.

This is weird.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Opening Day Eve.... Empty Re: Opening Day Eve....

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 01:19

Welp, that's something to think about.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:24

tGreenWay wrote:Welp, that's something to think about.

Well, if you can't help me reconcile this, perhaps you may be of some aid in this much more important issue.

I have had a horrible sinus infection over the course of the past week, and of course, it has worked it's way down into my chest. I am coughing like a motherfucker now. How am I going to sit in my stand and not cough for 5 hours? I need advice asap because I'm bow hunting in 6 hours.

Thoughts?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-14, 01:32

Something abut a bunch of guys alone together in the woods... seems kinda gay
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:33

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Something abut a bunch of guys alone together in the woods... seems kinda gay

I'm not sure you understand how this works.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 01:35

The entire line of Mucinex products is the best shit in any pharmacy. Unfortunately, it's also pretty expensive. It's not perfect, but the one with the most DM (dextromethorphan) should help cut your cough. It's only failed me once, and that was the worst head/chest cold I'd ever had.
I don't know if you're in BFE, which might limit your choices, but if you can't find Extra Strength Mucinex DM, I think they also make a product for sinus infection, although I've never needed to try it, so I don't know how it works.
I also know a lot of docs and pharmacists highly recommend Delsym as a cough suppressant. Again, get the one with the most DM (or whatever its active ingredient is). Best of luck in both of your hunts for mess and venison.
Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to thinking about a cabin full of hunters who'd rather stay up late to watch PV chick boxing rather than sit around a table playing poker, smoking heaters, and swilling cheap beer. Deer camps sure aren't what they used to be.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 01:37

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Something abut a bunch of guys alone together in the woods... seems kinda gay

They could hang out in the food court at the local mall, but deer don't usually wander through those. Not on purpose, anyway.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:40

tGreenWay wrote:The entire line of Mucinex products is the best shit in any pharmacy. Unfortunately, it's also pretty expensive. It's not perfect, but the one with the most DM (dextromethorphan) should help cut your cough. It's only failed me once, and that was the worst head/chest cold I'd ever had.
I don't know if you're in BFE, which might limit your choices, but if you can't find Extra Strength Mucinex DM, I think they also make a product for sinus infection, although I've never needed to try it, so I don't know how it works.
I also know a lot of docs and pharmacists highly recommend Delsym as a cough suppressant. Again, get the one with the most DM (or whatever its active ingredient is). Best of luck in both of your hunts for mess and venison.
Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to thinking about a cabin full of hunters who'd rather stay up late to watch PV chick boxing rather than sit around a table playing poker, smoking heaters, and swilling cheap beer. Deer camps sure aren't what they used to be.

wow, I have three different meds, two of which are what you named above.

How much "DM" can I take without OD'ing on that shit? I don't want to fuck myself up, but I've also been taking it for two days now and can't quit coughing for more than 10 minutes. Most of the time it's 3 minutes or less between coughs.

Also, if you want, you are more than welcome to crash our RR PPV party. I'll fucking give you directions. What kind of beer to you like?

Also, also, I've never burned a single heater in my life ever. I've tried a little herb, but never, once, a cig.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:45

I'm supposed to get up in 4:16 hours to get ready and head out. I'm still drinking beers too..... not helping my cough though.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 01:52

It's too late to get to an Urgent-Care-type of place. The only thing I can think of that might work better than the Mucinex or Delsym is a prescription med called Tessalon Perles (no, it's not part of George's family).

I really don't know how much of the DM you can take without starting to see pink & green unicorns running through the woods. Maybe attack the sinus draining that's probably prompting your cough. Take the meds that are intended to relieve pressure on and dry out your sinuses. I'm no doctor, so I really don't know what you can mix and what you can't.

If it were me, I'd also probably take a big thick towel or blanket with me to cough into. Anything that could help suppress the noise.

It'll be easier for you Sunday morning, because when you have to cough, you can just fire your rifle into the air. Those dumbass deer won't even hear you coughing.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm booked all weekend getting my yard ready for winter, then helping a friend do some moving--not much, because I hate moving. Grab some pics and post them once you bag your kill. Just give Turtleneck fair warning not to open the thread.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:56

tGreenWay wrote:It's too late to get to an Urgent-Care-type of place. The only thing I can think of that might work better than the Mucinex or Delsym is a prescription med called Tessalon Perles (no, it's not part of George's family).

I really don't know how much of the DM you can take without starting to see pink & green unicorns running through the woods. Maybe attack the sinus draining that's probably prompting your cough. Take the meds that are intended to relieve pressure on and dry out your sinuses. I'm no doctor, so I really don't know what you can mix and what you can't.

If it were me, I'd also probably take a big thick towel or blanket with me to cough into. Anything that could help suppress the noise.

It'll be easier for you Sunday morning, because when you have to cough, you can just fire your rifle into the air. Those dumbass deer won't even hear you coughing.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm booked all weekend getting my yard ready for winter, then helping a friend do some moving--not much, because I hate moving. Grab some pics and post them once you bag your kill. Just give Turtleneck fair warning not to open the thread.

How long before I go out should I slam this bottle of cough medicine? It's 2 now, we are planning on being in our stands by 6:45. I haven't gone to bed yet (obv), I've had a half dozen beers and two 2 finger pours of scotch in the past 6 hours.

I don't care if you're a doctor or not, just give me some terrible advice. Nothing ever stops anyone on this motherfucker anyway, why now?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 01:59

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It's too late to get to an Urgent-Care-type of place. The only thing I can think of that might work better than the Mucinex or Delsym is a prescription med called Tessalon Perles (no, it's not part of George's family).

How long before I go out should I slam this bottle of cough medicine? It's 2 now, we are planning on being in our stands by 6:45. I haven't gone to bed yet (obv), I've had a half dozen beers and two 2 finger pours of scotch in the past 6 hours.

I don't care if you're a doctor or not, just give me some terrible advice. Nothing ever stops anyone on this motherfucker anyway, why now?

Just keep drinking. You'll pass out wherever you're seated, and since most people don't cough when they're asleep, you'll be golden. If you're in a tree stand tomorrow, you also have a chance to fall right on top of a big, 12-pt buck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:02

tGreenWay wrote:
tTy wrote:

Just keep drinking. You'll pass out wherever you're seated, and since most people don't cough when they're asleep, you'll be golden. If you're in a tree stand tomorrow, you also have a chance to fall right on top of a big, 12-pt buck.

I always wear a harness. Never fallen asleep yet, but I've caught myself nodding before.

I will keep drinking though. Thanks for the advice.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 02:10

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I always wear a harness. Never fallen asleep yet, but I've caught myself nodding before.

I will keep drinking though. Thanks for the advice.

I always encourage active drinking, unless you're driving or you're my pilot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-14, 02:16

Delsym you dirty little bitch.... take as much as it takes to stop the whinning. Now I gotta go to bed.... team needs me tomorrow. I hope you kill a deer.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:25

Nordic wrote:Delsym you dirty little bitch.... take as much as it takes to stop the whinning. Now I gotta go to bed.... team needs me tomorrow. I hope you kill a deer.

Consensus!!!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Opening Day Eve.... 1987505431  rendeer
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-14, 05:35

tTy wrote:

I'm not sure you understand how this works.

You said your sissy friends all wanted to watch the wnba... seems like a lot of pent up sexual aggression from being in the closet for too long
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-14, 06:57

Good morning tTy Opening Day Eve.... 55953254
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 01:04

FWIW, I got up at 5:45 and went out to sit until 10. Saw two deers. No shot.

The rousey fight was TOTALLY worth every penny. Fucking awesome.

Going out tomorrow for rifle opener. Odds are good that I'll at least drop one cuz I have a doe license that I haven't been able to fill yet. I should be able to reach out and touch sumpin with my 30aught...
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-11-15, 01:07

Never got the hunting thing. Seems a bit unfair.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 01:11

Heat Miser wrote:Never got the hunting thing. Seems a bit unfair.

So you're a vegan then....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-11-15, 01:42

tTy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Never got the hunting thing. Seems a bit unfair.

Nope. And if you actually eat what you kill, more power to ya.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-15, 01:44

tTy wrote:FWIW, I got up at 5:45 and went out to sit until 10. Saw two deers. No shot.

Going out tomorrow for rifle opener. Odds are good that I'll at least drop one cuz I have a doe license that I haven't been able to fill yet. I should be able to reach out and touch sumpin with my 30aught...

Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 01:48

Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

If...???? lmfao. Nah, I just go out there and shoot stuff just to watch it die.

You serious with this shit dude? Come the fuck on. Kinda fucking pisses me off to be honest.... You're smarter than this, aren't you?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 01:50

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:FWIW, I got up at 5:45 and went out to sit until 10. Saw two deers. No shot.

Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353

Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353 Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353 Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353 Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353 Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353 Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353 Opening Day Eve.... 3493939353

Nordy, I need to learn how to use my fucking salmon boat for other inland fishing now that Lake MI is dying. (Yes, Heat Miser, I eat the fish that I use extremely unfair tactics to slaughter.....). I tried to figure out walleye trolling with 8 planer boards on Long Lake last year, but it just turned into a god damn disaster three times in a row.

thoughts?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-11-15, 01:51

tTy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

If...???? lmfao. Nah, I just go out there and shoot stuff just to watch it die.

You serious with this shit dude? Come the fuck on. Kinda fucking pisses me off to be honest.... You're smarter than this, aren't you?

Lotta guys go out and do exactly that.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 01:56

Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

If...????  lmfao.  Nah, I just go out there and shoot stuff just to watch it die.

You serious with this shit dude?  Come the fuck on.  Kinda fucking pisses me off to be honest.... You're smarter than this, aren't you?

Post some names.  You don't have to post a lotta names.  Just post a couple dozen if there are like a lotta 'em, and too many to post.  I'd like to track some of them down and see what the fuck is up with this bullshit.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-11-15, 01:59

tTy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

If...????  lmfao.  Nah, I just go out there and shoot stuff just to watch it die.

You serious with this shit dude?  Come the fuck on.  Kinda fucking pisses me off to be honest.... You're smarter than this, aren't you?

Post some names. You don't have to post a lotta names. Just post a couple dozen if there are so many. I'd like to track some of them down and see what the fuck is up with this bullshit.

How you gonna haul that carcass outta the woods with a hangover?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 02:10

Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

Post some names. You don't have to post a lotta names. Just post a couple dozen if there are so many. I'd like to track some of them down and see what the fuck is up with this bullshit.

One step at a time.

Got those names for me yet? Just post like 40 or 50 of them or so. You don't need to post a lotta them.....

(You realize this is a really dumb anti hunting angle, right? Cuz I can keep going if you want to..... I'm going to go get another beer so we can certainly do this tonight for sure....)
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-11-15, 02:16

tTy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

Post some names.  You don't have to post a lotta names.  Just post a couple dozen if there are so many.  I'd like to track some of them down and see what the fuck is up with this bullshit.

One step at a time.

Got those names for me yet?  Just post like 40 or 50 of them or so.  You don't need to post a lotta them.....

(You realize this is a really dumb anti hunting angle, right?  Cuz I can keep going if you want to..... I'm going to go get another beer so we can certainly do this tonight for sure....)

It's all good man. Enjoy your advantage & cull the herd. Be proud you beat a clueless animal with a bullet.

BTW...my brother makes delicious venizen jerky...which I eat like candy.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 02:29

Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

One step at a time.

Got those names for me yet?  Just post like 40 or 50 of them or so.  You don't need to post a lotta them.....

(You realize this is a really dumb anti hunting angle, right?  Cuz I can keep going if you want to..... I'm going to go get another beer so we can certainly do this tonight for sure....)

It's all good man. Enjoy your advantage & cull the herd. Be proud you beat a clueless animal with a bullet.

....says the guy who strips his wife naked, ties her up with rope, bends her over, puts baseball bats in her ass and posts pics of her on the internet just to get a stiffy.

BTW...my brother makes awesome snuff films...which I watch with my rock hard 4 inch penis in my hand.

Keep enjoying your advantage and make sure that you are PROUD!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 02:31

Kay, I'm going to bed now. Have to be up in 4 hours to go out and annihilate some wildlife just to get a boner!!! Night, and wish me luck!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-11-15, 02:32

tTy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
tTy wrote:

One step at a time.

....says the guy who strips his wife naked, ties her up with rope, bends her over, puts baseball bats in her ass and posts pics of her on the internet just to get a stiffy.

BTW...my brother makes awesome snuff films...which I watch with my rock hard 4 inch penis in my hand.

Keep enjoying your advantage and make sure that you are PROUD!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Opening Day Eve.... 502811600 OK chief.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-11-15, 02:32

Did you and your team kill any meat yet?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-15, 08:28

Could be crossbows or wasting disease but I have only heard 2 shots this morning in the hinterlands.
Could also be 3 neighboring farmers sold their property to developers this year and new home construction taking about 240 acres of rolling corn fields and woods out of circulation.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-11-15, 09:46

I've heard one shot around my house this morning. Too nice out for the deer to be moving around. Also, first opening day I haven't hunted in 30 years, just didn't feel like it. Hunted last year and passed on about fifteen deer. Maybe later in the season I'll do some hunting, or next year, or never, who knows.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-15, 09:51

tTy wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Escalated quickly that did.

Opening Day Eve.... 2_5_Yodafeat
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-16, 00:23

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

Escalated quickly that did.

Opening Day Eve.... 2_5_Yodafeat

I didn't start the fire. Heat was being a dick, everyone knows that, including him. Exhibit 1) "lol ok chief" post.

I heard about 30 shots this AM. Had a couple does walk in at about 150 yards but it was still too dark and foggy to take a shot (I have a doe tag I'm going to fill at some point). another guy in my party saw a couple deer as well, but the morning was pretty lame in terms of seeing deer.

This afternoon got a little more interesting. I went across the road to some public land that I'd hunted before. I parked and had to walk down a two track about a half mile to my spot. Got there and about 20 minutes later I hear a shot ring out about 500 yards back from where I just came. I'm wondering if it was my guys across the road so I text them, and nobody shot. I can't figure out who the fuck could possibly be in between us..... 5 minutes later, here comes a dude on the OTHER side of me walking right up my 150 yard shooting lane (this was at about 3:30, so I wasn't too pissed, plus it is public land so I got no leg to stand on.) Dude is coming right at me because it is just a lane he's walking up... When he gets to me he says "ummmmm, did you see anything? Anything down there (motions back to my right down the other lane I'm sitting on)". I say, no.... Just heard a shot that was pretty close but....

He cut me off at that point and said, "That was my son shooting. Had a bear coming at him. He is shitting his pants right now. He's only 16 years old...." I told him to go ahead and get over there and to let me know if he needs a hand or whatever (I had no idea what the fuck I could do, in fact, I considered contacting the DNR at that point because there is no way that shooting at a bear is legal for this kid). At this point I'm pretty annoyed, not only because this guy is trekking through the entire 3 or 400 yards worth of shooting lane next to a swamp I'm set up on, but that I just walked right by his kid who is evidently a little spazzy and touching off rifle rounds at bears and shit that he's not supposed to be shooting at. Fucking not cool. What if he thought I was a bear?

So, 20 minutes later, here comes the guy right back down my shooting lane again and he has his fat ass 16 year old in tow. They get back to my spot, evidently headed back to their vehicle or home or whatever and stop to chat again. I asked the kid if he hit the bear and he said that he didn't. I asked if it was charging him and he said no. I asked how close it was and he said 25 yards. He was carrying a pop-up camo tent on his back so I can only assume that he was enclosed in it when he saw the bear and therefore it's VERY likely the bear had no idea he was even there... So fucking annoyed at this point. I totally believe that he saw one because he was pale as a damn ghost and his voice was cracking like he was ready to cry like a bitch when I was talking to him.

At that point, his dad says, "hey, we need to get out of here and stop ruining this guys hunt. (looking at me) that bear ran right back into the swamp right behind you, just so you know, and he's big." He then said, "I'm going to re-spray that scrape on my way out to make it up to you". I said "It's OK man, no big deal... thanks though..."

he then walks away and then I see him squirt some piss on a scrape I never knew existed about 30 yards away from where I set up to begin with. lol...

I sat there till dark and didn't see a single fucking deer. I hope that kid got a talking to. That was not cool.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-16, 00:38

Heading out again in the AM.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-16, 00:40

tTy wrote:Heading out again in the AM.
What time?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next