Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL

+3
Death Roe
steveschneider
SpartanInNH
7 posters

Go down

Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL Empty Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-15, 19:56

Concussion Watch

They have to update the Lions' page though:  they have Rashean Mathis as missing no games due to his concussion.  pale

Last edited by SpartanInNH on 2015-11-15, 20:07; edited 1 time in total
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL Empty Re: Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-15, 19:59

Article on 60 minutes coming up
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL Empty Re: Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL

Post by Death Roe 2015-11-15, 20:05

I was really interested in the upcoming "Concussion" film starring William Smith. However, once I read that the NFL interfered, or, "helped" with production, I wasn't that intrigued anymore.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-15, 20:11

Death Roe wrote:I was really interested in the upcoming "Concussion" film starring William Smith. However, once I read that the NFL interfered, or, "helped" with production, I wasn't that intrigued anymore.

Doesn't bother me. Apparently the NFL threatened to sue if there was anything not 100% true in it, so the director took some of the more out-there claims out of the movie, and fact-checked everything he left in to death (which he should have done from the beginning, IMO). He's big-time taunting the NFL now, so he must feel bulletproof about what he left in. Should be good.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-15, 21:32

Its clear if your kid plays football they should play fullback
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-15, 21:36

Sobering? Maybe DWags should read it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-16, 19:32

tGreenWay wrote:Sobering? Maybe DWags should read it.

Sobering piece on concussions in the NFL Giphy
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-17, 02:32

SpartanInNH wrote:Concussion Watch

They have to update the Lions' page though:  they have Rashean Mathis as missing no games due to his concussion.  pale

I represent a former nfl player. Just won his claim for Ssdi which will help the claim against the nfl.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-17, 10:15

Concussions, more importantly tracking of concussions is going to a huge boost to non-contact sports and even semi non-contact sports like basketball and volleyball.

About 7 years ago the athletic boosters at our local HS spent over $10K for a computer program that tests reactions and short term memory to establish a baseline that doctors and trainers can use for comparison after a concussive event. They spent another $2500 to train 2 athletic trainers who to administer the tests.

Every player from every HS sport (even bowling) gets tested in their first sport season each year. If they get what might be a concussion they need to pass sideline tests and are re-tested. Often the parents are told to see a doctor's with the test results.

That's going on at a lot of US high schools. The NFL and NHL can't claim historical ignorance too much longer.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-11-17, 10:25

Interesting last night that Hoyer was pulled out and checked for concussion (which he had) despite any obvious incident to the announcers and viewers. This would not have happened just a 2-3 years ago.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down