Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISIS tries to attack German stadium (I assume it's ISIS)

+6
Turtleneck
The_Dude
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
Code_Warrior
10 posters

Go down

ISIS tries to attack German stadium (I assume it's ISIS) Empty ISIS tries to attack German stadium (I assume it's ISIS)

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-17, 16:40

Fortunately, this one was caught before anything happened.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-terror-alert-ambulance-packed-6849876%3FICID%3DFB_mirror_main&ved=0CB0QqUMwAGoVChMIm-3dtrSYyQIVR0smCh1aGwFW&usg=AFQjCNEW-hFl8TLYZNt9JelaxZ12eHo2Kg&sig2=BJfVkqvZp3W3TGGJTjLycg

Last edited by Code_Warrior on 2015-11-17, 18:27; edited 1 time in total
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ISIS tries to attack German stadium (I assume it's ISIS) Empty Re: ISIS tries to attack German stadium (I assume it's ISIS)

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-17, 16:51

I guess they are trying to start WW3.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ISIS tries to attack German stadium (I assume it's ISIS) Empty Re: ISIS tries to attack German stadium (I assume it's ISIS)

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-17, 16:56

I feel bad for any innocent people left in ISIS controlled lands. Not only do they have that shitstorm to deal with, pretty soon the rest of the world will be bombing what's left of their homeland as well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-17, 17:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I feel bad for any innocent people left in ISIS controlled lands. Not only do they have that shitstorm to deal with, pretty soon the rest of the world will be bombing what's left of their homeland as well.
ISIS will use innocent deaths to radicalize even more people. We can't bomb them indiscriminately, we must use targeted strikes as well as psychological warfare against them. We may need to find ways of inflaming differences in their relations with thier allies. I'm sure they have allies they disagree with, but work together to achieve common goals. If we do things to inflame the inherent distrust between them, that will likely be the most effective strategy.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-17, 17:18

Code_Warrior wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I feel bad for any innocent people left in ISIS controlled lands. Not only do they have that shitstorm to deal with, pretty soon the rest of the world will be bombing what's left of their homeland as well.
ISIS will use innocent deaths to radicalize even more people.  We can't bomb them indiscriminately, we must use targeted strikes as well as psychological warfare against them.  We may need to find ways of inflaming differences in their relations with thier allies.  I'm sure they have allies they disagree with, but work together to achieve common goals.  If we do things to inflame the inherent distrust between them, that will likely be the most effective strategy.

Disagree. This surgical strike mentality while "humane" has lead to the civilian populations being divorced from the war being waged by their countrymen.

We need to devastate them and bring them to their knees. Then we will be in a far better position to dictate terms.

They'll like us when we win.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-11-17, 17:25

Global warming is a bigger threat.

Signed,

Nutjob liberals
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-17, 17:33

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
ISIS will use innocent deaths to radicalize even more people.  We can't bomb them indiscriminately, we must use targeted strikes as well as psychological warfare against them.  We may need to find ways of inflaming differences in their relations with thier allies.  I'm sure they have allies they disagree with, but work together to achieve common goals.  If we do things to inflame the inherent distrust between them, that will likely be the most effective strategy.

Disagree. This surgical strike mentality while "humane" has lead to the civilian populations being divorced from the war being waged by their countrymen.

We need to devastate them and bring them to their knees. Then we will be in a far better position to dictate terms.

I don't believe they'll ever like us and I'm not trying to be humane. When I say surgical strikes, I don't necessarily mean strikes designed to take out ISIS leaders, I mean strikes designed to sow distrust and get the various factions fighting each other. I believe that people need to revolt themselves if they truly want to be free. The tricky part is deciding what kind of strikes will trigger that revolt. Nation building doesn't work unless the people are invested in the fight. Bombing without consideration for what kind of society will replace the one that gets destroyed will simply give rise to another radical group.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-17, 17:40

I'm not interested in building nations like we have in the 60 years - it doesn't work. See Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

The only way nation building works is to so dramatically devastate, defeat and occupy a land that they have no choice. See the Philippines, Japan and Germany.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-17, 17:48

The_Dude wrote:Global warming is a bigger threat.

Signed,

Nutjob liberals

Nice try. Go back to MGo and discuss the proper length of chain needed to hang an engine from a tree.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-17, 17:54

Why can't the people smarter than me at this stuff figure it out and put an end to the insanity?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-17, 18:03

InTenSity wrote:I guess they are trying to start WW3.

It seems like a lousy game plan to piss off everybody from Putin to the Pope.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-17, 18:11

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

Hmmmm... Where have I heard that before?

"We will be greeted as Liberators."

-DICK Cheney
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-17, 18:22

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'm not interested in building nations like we have in the 60 years - it doesn't work. See Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

The only way nation building works is to so dramatically devastate, defeat and occupy a land that they have no choice. See the Philippines, Japan and Germany.

What I mean by nation building is that the people themselves fight to build their own nation. We can't build one for them. What we need in the region is stability without terrorism. I don't pretend to know how to achieve that, I just know that they won't accept anything we try to impose on them.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2015-11-17, 21:37

Turtleneck wrote:

Signed,

Nutjob liberals

Nice try. Go back to MGo and discuss the proper length of chain needed to hang an engine from a tree.

Lmfao. I don't have a clear reason for cackling aloud at this. But I did.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-17, 21:44

Signed,

Nutjob liberals

Rush? Is that you?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down