Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Kirk Cousins worth a big new contract?

+3
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
DoogieHouser
7 posters

Go down

Is Kirk Cousins worth a big new contract? Empty Is Kirk Cousins worth a big new contract?

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-24, 08:24

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/12/23/qb-rank-quarterback-rankings-kirk-cousins/77864180/#cx_ab_test_id=16&cx_ab_test_variant=ctrl&cx_art_pos=1&cx_navSource=sechi-sports
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Is Kirk Cousins worth a big new contract? Empty Re: Is Kirk Cousins worth a big new contract?

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-24, 08:47

Is The Swill on its way to being another Schtick Central?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is Kirk Cousins worth a big new contract? Empty Re: Is Kirk Cousins worth a big new contract?

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-24, 09:12

They might franchise tag him for a year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-24, 09:28

GRR Spartan wrote:Is The Swill on its way to being another Schtick Central?

?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 10:31

Yes he is. The side benefit will be Blanch being able to fly us all out for next year's Final Four.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 10:39

When Matt Flynn got a big contract, he threw 7 TD's against the lions in one game. That's it. He showed nothing to the NFL before that. There have been other QB's who have done nowhere as good as Cousins and for much less of the season and they parlayed that into huge money.

So, this year, he gets franchised and makes like 20 million for one season. If he has the same type season, he makes even more, if he doesn't he'll still be making in the 8 figures per year.

Oh, and he'll tithe the church, drive a mini van and have a BBQ in his back yard in an average neighborhood with average neighbors, while starting foundations for disadvantaged and never once will he use the money for hookers and blow like we would.

Weird guy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 10:42

DWags wrote:Oh, and he'll tithe the church, drive a mini van and have a BBQ in his back yard in an average neighborhood with average neighbors, while starting foundations for disadvantaged and never once will he use the money for hookers and blow like we would.

Weird guy.

No wonder Bob hates that son of bitch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-24, 10:58

DWags wrote:When Matt Flynn got a big contract, he threw 7 TD's against the lions in one game. That's it. He showed nothing to the NFL before that. There have been other QB's who have done nowhere as good as Cousins and for much less of the season and they parlayed that into huge money.

So, this year, he gets franchised and makes like 20 million for one season. If he has the same type season, he makes even more, if he doesn't he'll still be making in the 8 figures per year.

Oh, and he'll tithe the church, drive a mini van and have a BBQ in his back yard in an average neighborhood with average neighbors, while starting foundations for disadvantaged and never once will he use the money for hookers and blow like we would.

Weird guy.

Who was the lefty QB the Lions got from the Dolphins?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 11:02

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:When Matt Flynn got a big contract, he threw 7 TD's against the lions in one game. That's it. He showed nothing to the NFL before that. There have been other QB's who have done nowhere as good as Cousins and for much less of the season and they parlayed that into huge money.

Weird guy.

Scott Mitchell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-12-24, 11:09

NigelUno wrote:

Weird guy.

I was at the game he came in for Marino against the Browns, you know, the only game he was ever good in. Probably the most profitable game for an athlete in history.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 11:11

I.B. Fine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I was at the game he came in for Marino against the Browns, you know, the only game he was ever good in. Probably the most profitable game for an athlete in history.

I think Flynn beats him. At least Mitchell had one decent year
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-24, 11:14

I think they'll franchise him. Declining RG's option will save them $16 million (for KC).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 11:19

NigelUno wrote:I think they'll franchise him. Declining RG's option will save them $16 million (for KC).

If you franchise a QB, don't you have to give him the average of the three best QB salaries in the league? That's huge money. The church he goes to back in Grand Rapids with all the Dutch people is probably getting really excited.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-24, 11:21

LooseGoose wrote:Yes he is. The side benefit will be Blanch being able to fly us all out for next year's Final Four.

I like that!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-24, 11:27

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I think they'll franchise him. Declining RG's option will save them $16 million (for KC).

If you franchise a QB, don't you have to give him the average of the three best QB salaries in the league? That's huge money. The church he goes to back in Grand Rapids with all the Dutch people is probably getting really excited.

I think it's Top 5, which would be $19 million (according to the link). Could give him that while working out a longer deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419907/washington-will-not-let-kirk-cousins-leave-in-the-offseason
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 12:09

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I think it's Top 5, which would be $19 million (according to the link). Could give him that while working out a longer deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419907/washington-will-not-let-kirk-cousins-leave-in-the-offseason

Guy is set for life after this year. Good for him. You know we won't see him on an ESPN episode of "Broke" 15 years from now. I could be wrong, and there are always bad investments, but he seems too conservative and not the type that would be flamboyant with money.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down