Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns N Roses Reunion

+9
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
tGreenWay
pulling69
steveschneider
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guns N Roses Reunion Empty Guns N Roses Reunion

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-29, 17:55

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6828129/guns-n-roses-reunion-coachella-stadium-las-vegas

Guns N Roses Reunion 1811933421 let there be rock!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Guns N Roses Reunion Empty Re: Guns N Roses Reunion

Post by DWags 2015-12-29, 18:04

I'll go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-29, 18:17

DWags wrote:I'll go.

$250-275 a ticket. I think I will pass.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-29, 18:23

Axl better start working out....He looks terrible.

Guns N Roses Reunion CI9nrqPVEAAHIbN
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-29, 18:36

pulling69 wrote:Axl better start working out....He looks terrible.

Guns N Roses Reunion CI9nrqPVEAAHIbN

The days of the US Flag Biker Spandex Shorts are over.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-29, 18:48

I think there are some fans in South America waiting patiently in their stadium seats for Axl to show up for the concert they bought tickets to a few years ago. He should be there any time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-29, 18:54

tGreenWay wrote:I think there are some fans in South America waiting patiently in their stadium seats for Axl to show up for the concert they bought tickets to a few years ago. He should be there any time.

Looks like he's eating his way there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-29, 18:57

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I think there are some fans in South America waiting patiently in their stadium seats for Axl to show up for the concert they bought tickets to a few years ago. He should be there any time.

Looks like he's eating his way there.

It's Axl Rose. That added fat is all beer and liquor calories.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-29, 20:33

And so far it's only confirmed to be Axl and Slash - so much less than a full blown reunion.

They need to at least have Duff, Izzy and Sorum - preferably Duff, Izzy and Adler. Otherwise it's
more sound and fury than substance. I supposed having only Axt and Slash leaves a future
full blown reunion on the table for the next $500 million.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-29, 22:54

LooseGoose wrote:And so far it's only confirmed to be Axl and Slash - so much less than a full blown reunion.

They need to at least have Duff, Izzy and Sorum - preferably Duff, Izzy and Adler. Otherwise it's
more sound and fury than substance. I supposed having only Axt and Slash leaves a future

I thought I read that duff and sorum were in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-12-29, 22:55

Coming to Comerica?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-29, 22:59

Putting in Davis now?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-12-29, 23:00

Steve, focus. You are spray posting.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-29, 23:04

Triple Sparty wrote:Steve, focus. You are spray posting.

Haha wrong thread with that. I'm calling an illegal procedure foul on my self.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-29, 23:22

Have they lined up Phillips Heartstart Portable Defibrillator as a sponsor

Guns N Roses Reunion Heartstart
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-12-29, 23:52

Talk about your appetite for destruction.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-30, 00:09

LooseGoose wrote:And so far it's only confirmed to be Axl and Slash - so much less than a full blown reunion.

It won't be a real reunion if the original roadies aren't a part of it. I wouldn't even mind seeing pics of the original groupies, just to see how nasty they look now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-30, 11:24

Eric Larson ‏@larsoneric50 1h1 hour ago
For anyone who's excited for a Guns n Roses reunion tour this should spoil it for you.

Guns N Roses Reunion CXe5M8oUoAAgEdT
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-30, 11:34

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Talk about your appetite for destruction.

Guns N Roses Reunion 502811600
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-30, 11:35

I mean, they kind of sucked even when they were popular. The best of a bad cadre of post hair pseudo-metal bands.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-30, 11:43

Rocinante wrote:I mean, they kind of sucked even when they were popular. The best of a bad cadre of post hair pseudo-metal bands.

Appetite was an alltime album, up there with Back in Black and the 1st Montrose album. There were gems in the debris field of the Illusions, the rest was pretty much dreck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 11:45

Rocinante wrote:I mean, they kind of sucked even when they were popular.  The best of a bad cadre of post hair pseudo-metal bands.

GNR was the best band on the planet for a short window of time. They were dangerous and had the ultimate 'fuck you' attitude that few rock n roll bands can carry on at that high of a level. They put in the hours and worked their tails off to get where they were at. I miss the era where a band had to really prove their selves before they could get big.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-30, 12:10

Saw them in their hey day. Not expecting to see that band now, but would go if it fit the schedule. Hell I saw Seger in the 70's and then a couple years ago. Didn't expect the same experience but it was still entertaining.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-30, 12:11

This is a debate that nobody wins, but I think in order to produce a "great" album, every track has to bring something. Even AFD, as good as it was doesn't meet that criteria, imo.

Also, they never put out an album even close to that one in quality after.

So I still think they kind of sucked.

They were unique for a short while, although anyone who listened to megadeath, or Dave Mustaine as a guitarist could see where Slash got his twangy/metal style of playing from.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 12:27

Rocinante wrote:This is a debate that nobody wins, but I think in order to produce a "great" album, every track has to bring something. Even AFD, as good as it was doesn't meet that criteria, imo.

Also, they never put out an album even close to that one in quality after.

So I still think they kind of sucked.

They were unique for a short while, although anyone who listened to megadeath, or Dave Mustaine as a guitarist could see where Slash got his twangy/metal style of playing from.

Trying to think of a bad song on AFD. Anything Goes? Think About You?

Still pretty good for deep cuts. The rest of the songs are either top charting hits or rank as fan favorites.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 12:28

DWags wrote:Saw them in their hey day. Not expecting to see that band now, but would go if it fit the schedule. Hell I saw Seger in the 70's and then a couple years ago. Didn't expect the same experience but it was still entertaining.

What album did you see them out on tour for and at what venue? I saw them at the Silverdome. That place was great for huge shows.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-30, 13:01

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:Saw them in their hey day. Not expecting to see that band now, but would go if it fit the schedule. Hell I saw Seger in the 70's and then a couple years ago. Didn't expect the same experience but it was still entertaining.

What album did you see them out on tour for and at what venue? I saw them at the Silverdome. That place was great for huge shows.

Wait... you were serious? Turrible, turrible acoustics in there. I mean, God-awful acoustics. The worst. Just fucking bad acoustics.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 13:18

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Wait... you were serious? Turrible, turrible acoustics in there. I mean, God-awful acoustics. The worst. Just fucking bad acoustics.

Most of the bands I saw in there were super loud, and I was in my teenage years so I didn't give a shit about sound. I just appreciated the energy the crowd brought to the place. Admission was like 25.00 so the place would fill up with every knucklehead who appreciated good music and wasn't afraid to go wild for it.

I've been to shows in Madison Square Gardens where seats are 150 a pop and you are by some yuppie who isn't that into it. So maybe it did sound like shit in the Silverdome, but the events were always special.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-30, 13:31

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Most of the bands I saw in there were super loud, and I was in my teenage years so I didn't give a shit about sound. I just appreciated the energy the crowd brought to the place. Admission was like 25.00 so the place would fill up with every knucklehead who appreciated good music and wasn't afraid to go wild for it.

I've been to shows in Madison Square Gardens where seats are 150 a pop and you are by some yuppie who isn't that into it. So maybe it did sound like shit in the Silverdome, but the events were always special.

Atmosphere does make a big difference, Detroit has had some great venues for shows. Cobo, Olympia, Harpos, & St Andrews especially.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-30, 13:41

steveschneider wrote:

Use your illusion. It was the palace in 93. Wife was at the height of her lobbying career. He company owned the suite directly behind the Pistons bench on the first level and she basically controlled all the social shit. Rarely was used for rock concerts because the politicians and stodgy natural gas industry wonks would never go rock out. So, after she would half heartedly invite whoever to the rock concerts and they'd turn her down, she'd tell her bosses and they would actually be happy if she could find a use for it. Obviously from kiss to the grateful dead to tom petty to G&R she'd have all of us on stand by and we'd fill it. Only part of her job I missed when she quit 15 years ago.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 14:01

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Atmosphere does make a big difference, Detroit has had some great venues for shows. Cobo, Olympia, Harpos, & St Andrews especially.

I saw Wilco in Radio City Hall (legendary venue and absolutely stunning inside) and it was a snooze fest. I felt fucking ripped off after it. Same type of audience as I listed above.

I saw them by chance in Milwaukee at summer fest and wow what a difference. It was just ordinary blokes going absolutely wild and having fun. The band fed off the energy and crowd fed off their energy and it just kept going on like that for a few hours.

So yep, I couldn't agree more about the atmosphere adding to it. Give me a shitty sounding venue with a great crowd over good acoustics and a lame crowd any day of the week.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-30, 18:29

steveschneider wrote:So yep, I couldn't agree more about the atmosphere adding to it. Give me a shitty sounding venue with a great crowd over good acoustics and a lame crowd any day of the week.

To this day the best show I've ever seen was Jethro Tull at Olympia on 10/24/1979 on their "Storm Watch" tour. An absolutely magical night, the band was great, the crowd was incredible - even nearly 40 years later I have vivid memories even though we were thoroughly cooked after driving in from EL. I've seen Tull 2-3 more times over the years including up at Saginaw just a year or two later on their "A" tour and none of those shows were even close. I think that was one of the last or the last show ever at Olympia before they tore it down - what a waste.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 22:14

Guns N Roses Reunion CX7NDHpWkAcIIq0
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 22:53

gHost Spartan wrote:But who the fuck would see Gun 'N Roses aside from the die-hard fans? Keep in mind I don't have an issue with seeing legendary bands (I have outstanding seats to see The Cure at the Hollywood Bowl in May) but The Cure has been consistently playing together for years. I love GNR but no way I'd see them even if the tickets were free.

If it were the Appetite lineup and I could be assured Axl would take the stage within an hour of their designated time I'd be interested. I doubt the 1st is happening and no one could make the 2nd.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-04, 23:02

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I saw Wilco in Radio City Hall (legendary venue and absolutely stunning inside) and it was a snooze fest. I felt fucking ripped off after it. Same type of audience as I listed above.

I saw them by chance in Milwaukee at summer fest and wow what a difference. It was just ordinary blokes going absolutely wild and having fun. The band fed off the energy and crowd fed off their energy and it just kept going on like that for a few hours.

So yep, I couldn't agree more about the atmosphere adding to it. Give me a shitty sounding venue with a great crowd over good acoustics and a lame crowd any day of the week.

Similar experience with Wilco but not at Radio City, it was at another midtown NYC venue (I can't remember the name) sometime around 2000-ish during a Mermaid Ave tour and the show was fucking awful, so bad I walked/was kicked out. It was an interesting night - Wilco had played the same venue the previous evening. My friends and I hit the bar and then cruised up to midtown from the Village. Scalpers were asking ridiculous rates and we saw a woman holding a bunch of tickets. We were hammered and asked her if she was selling any and she said "no, these were from last night" and she handed them to us. We used them and got into the venue, went to the seats, but there were people there. The ushers kept asking us where our seats were and we said that our friend had all our tickets and we didn't know where our seats were. So they gave us a place to go way up front to watch the show. i was so fucking boring and awful. We ended up walking out. It was super quiet in the venue and during a break I said "play 'She's a Jar'" and Jeff Tweedy just glared at me because he was only playing the Mermaid Avenue songs. Guns N Roses Reunion 1966794946

Fucking hilarious shit.

But who the fuck would see Gun 'N Roses aside from the die-hard fans? Keep in mind I don't have an issue with seeing legendary bands (I have outstanding seats to see The Cure at the Hollywood Bowl in May) but The Cure has been consistently playing together for years. I love GNR but no way I'd see them even if the tickets were free.

I'm guessing you saw them at Town Hall which is right off of Times Square. The only other seated venue in that area is Carnegie Hall and I can't picture them having enough of a draw back then to play there.

Did you by any chance down load the free Wilco album this year? I thought it stunk.

Saw the Cure at the Palace in the 90's, and it was a pretty epic show. I should make a point to catch them next time around because they sure did deliver the one time I saw them. Sounded great.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-04, 23:03

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:But who the fuck would see Gun 'N Roses aside from the die-hard fans? Keep in mind I don't have an issue with seeing legendary bands (I have outstanding seats to see The Cure at the Hollywood Bowl in May) but The Cure has been consistently playing together for years. I love GNR but no way I'd see them even if the tickets were free.

If it were the Appetite lineup and I could be assured Axl would take the stage within an hour of their designated time I'd be interested. I doubt the 1st is happening and no one could make the 2nd.

My friend is a die hard GNR fan and he told me he saw them the other year in support of Chinese Democracy. He said it was actually pretty good.

I'd probably check it out, all depends on how much the tickets are.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 23:41

Posted without comment......Guns N Roses Reunion 1966794946 Guns N Roses Reunion 1966794946

Axl Rose will no longer be appearing on Tuesday's Jimmy Kimmel Live!, a source with the show tells Billboard.

Rose's appearance had been teased by his half-sister Amy Bailey over the weekend, following news that Guns N' Roses plans to reunited for Coachella in April.

The source said Rose is no longer scheduled for the telecast due to "unforeseen circumstances." Bailey's Facebook post has been deleted as well.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6828978/axl-rose-jimmy-kimmel-live-guns-n-roses-canceled
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-05, 09:54

LooseGoose wrote:Posted without comment......Guns N Roses Reunion 1966794946 Guns N Roses Reunion 1966794946

Axl Rose will no longer be appearing on Tuesday's Jimmy Kimmel Live!, a source with the show tells Billboard.

Rose's appearance had been teased by his half-sister Amy Bailey over the weekend, following news that Guns N' Roses plans to reunited for Coachella in April.

The source said Rose is no longer scheduled for the telecast due to "unforeseen circumstances." Bailey's Facebook post has been deleted as well.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6828978/axl-rose-jimmy-kimmel-live-guns-n-roses-canceled

Let the drama begin.

I read Duff's book, I get it Axl has some serious issues. He seriously should just stick with the Chinese Democracy era GNR. Being in a band the size and magnitude as GNR is probably not as easy as it looks.

I heard from multiple sources now that they were really good on their last tour, and it seems like for whatever reason he surrounded himself with the right people that made it work.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-05, 09:58

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm guessing you saw them at Town Hall which is right off of Times Square. The only other seated venue in that area is Carnegie Hall and I can't picture them having enough of a draw back then to play there.

Did you by any chance down load the free Wilco album this year? I thought it stunk.

Saw the Cure at the Palace in the 90's, and it was a pretty epic show. I should make a point to catch them next time around because they sure did deliver the one time I saw them. Sounded great.
If I recall correctly, it wasn't a concert venue, it had been an old "big screen" movie theatre but for fuck's sake I can't remember the name. It wasn't a huge venue at all. And they played two sold out nights. I'm guessing sometime around 2000 or 2001. We were so fucking hammered I can't even remember what happened to us…

Interesting story about seeing Interpol at a venue down by Union Square. We went to the show without tickets and hit the Irish Pub around the corner from the venue, I can't remember the name. The waitress was awesome and she asked what we were doing that night and we told her that we were going to see Interpol around the corner. There were three of us. We talk to some scalpers and buy three tickets. I said "I'll give you the money after my friend gets into the show." At the time, Interpol's debut album had catapulted them into stardom and tickets sold out so quickly. My buddy got in, we gave the scalper the money, and when me and this chick I was banging handed our tickets the usher said that they were fake. We were like "WTF?" and didn't know what to do. We ended up going back to the pub. The waitress said "what happened?" and we told her. She apologized and five minutes later she came back and said "come with me." She introduced us to the owner of the pub and he walked us over to the venue and into the show, he knew all the bouncers and they let us right it! Fucking awesome!!! The Raveonettes were the opening band and they killed it. Interpol was phenomenal. After the show we all three went back to the pub and had a few beers. On our way to the subway, Carlos D walked by with two chicks. I said "Yeeeeeah Carlos D!!!" and he turned out and winked to us, then disappeared around the corner. Man, I miss those times.

Saw The Cure at Giants Stadium, Disintegration Tour, 1989. The opening bands were Love and Rockets, The Pixies, and The Pogues. Best show I've ever seen. Second best: Oasis at Knebworth Park, London, 1996. Opening bands: Cast, Dreadzone, Kula Shaker, Manic Street Preachers, The Charlatans.

Based on everything you just wrote I'm willing to bet it was Town Hall. It has a lobby area that seems like a movie theater, and is about a one to two thousand person theater. It is a very intimate venue to see a show.

Going off their website looks like they played two nights 9/27/2001 and 9/28/2001.

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/tour_date_type/2001-09-27-town-hall/

Sounds like you saw Interpol at Irving Plaza. Them and Franz Ferdinand both played there frequently when they first broke. Last show I saw at Irving Plaza was Guided By Voices and they blew the roof off of the place.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-05, 19:56

Eddie Trunk ‏@EddieTrunk 33m33 minutes ago
Was just sent official release for @gunsnroses @coachella . Still only mentioning @axlrose @DuffMcKagan & @Slash . Guess we'll see who else

=========

If there's no Izzy or Adler/Sorum then it's not a true reunion of the "classic" lineup.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next