Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Last Night of Christmas Break

+9
InTenSity
Death Roe
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Dendrobates
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
13 posters

Go down

Happy Last Night of Christmas Break Empty Happy Last Night of Christmas Break

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-03, 00:59

I guess this is it people. Kids back in school on Monday. Me back at work. Wife back at work. The aura of stress is going to hit my household in a tangible way tomorrow at about 2 or 3 PM. Let's enjoy these last 30 minutes or so we have together.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Happy Last Night of Christmas Break Empty Re: Happy Last Night of Christmas Break

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-03, 02:53

No longer have kids to fret about. But it really sucks there will be no planned days off until Memorial Day weekend.

Should have got a government job...
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Happy Last Night of Christmas Break Empty Re: Happy Last Night of Christmas Break

Post by Dendrobates 2016-01-03, 10:20

I don't have any kids, but I've had the last 3 weeks off of work. I had 2 weeks left of vacation, and we have to use it or lose it, and our company gives everyone the last week of the year off. It felt so good. I don't wanna work. But I am the sugar mama and have to suck it up.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-01-03, 12:20

The Pantry wrote:No longer have kids to fret about. But it really sucks there will be no planned days off until Memorial Day weekend.

Should have got a government job...

I get a day off again on the 18th. :)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-03, 12:24

Take it easy today otpt. I wouldn't want you to over tax yourself heading into the week.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-03, 12:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Take it easy today otpt. I wouldn't want you to over tax yourself heading into the week.

I'm back from VT and with nothing on the horizon - guess it's finally time to put serious effort into this search..

Happy Last Night of Christmas Break 4177874726
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-03, 13:04

My resolution is to find a new job in 2016. I've really hated my job for the last half of 2015, and I've been lazy about finding new work.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-03, 13:21

I start my new job tomorrow morning, training in Grand Rapids for two weeks.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-03, 13:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Take it easy today otpt. I wouldn't want you to over tax yourself heading into the week.

I'm back from VT and with nothing on the horizon - guess it's finally time to put serious effort into this search..

Don't be a fucking wimp and conform by getting a job.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-03, 13:31

LooseGoose wrote:

Pay my student loan bills and I'll start a travel blog for tSwill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-03, 13:41

LooseGoose wrote:

You need to be like this dude.....travels the world 1st class using airline miles, pays his bills by writing about it.

I enjoy reading about his travels even if I have no interest in doing it myself anymore.

Travel with Lucky
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-03, 13:59

steveschneider wrote:My resolution is to find a new job in 2016. I've really hated my job for the last half of 2015, and I've been lazy about finding new work.

I kind of feel the same way. The last 6 months at my job have been the worst in the 8 years I've been there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-03, 14:36

LooseGoose wrote:

Can you cook? You could become OTPT Bourdain...
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-03, 14:51

I start getting nervous around 6:00pm. I know I have a shit load of work and stress waiting for me Monday. It's gonna suck.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-03, 15:03

LooseGoose wrote:

You need to be like this dude.....travels the world 1st class using airline miles, pays his bills by writing about it.

I enjoy reading about his travels even if I have no interest in doing it myself anymore.

Travel with Lucky

Recruiting guru for a website?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-03, 15:26

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:My resolution is to find a new job in 2016. I've really hated my job for the last half of 2015, and I've been lazy about finding new work.

I kind of feel the same way. The last 6 months at my job have been the worst in the 8 years I've been there.

Tonight when it really sinks in I have to go back I'm finally going to start a Linkedin profile. I have so many contacts and people that I work with out there that I've lost touch with over the years. My goal is to find them on there and just start networking the hell out of it.

My company lost it's soul this year. We went through a gigantic merger and everything got turned on its head. It was fun when it was a small company, but now they are in over their head. Also, we switched to one of those horrible open floor pod plans. FUCK open floor plans.

I work with some very miserable people too, and their negative attitudes are horrible to be around all day. This one co-worker comes in every morning with a long face, and barely speaks to anyone. No thanks, I'm happy and don't need to sit in a terrible atmosphere all day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-03, 15:38

Tanfan! wrote:I start getting nervous around 6:00pm. I know I have a shit load of work and stress waiting for me Monday. It's gonna suck.

What hate groups have you on retainer?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-01-03, 15:43

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Tonight when it really sinks in I have to go back I'm finally going to start a Linkedin profile. I have so many contacts and people that I work with out there that I've lost touch with over the years. My goal is to find them on there and just start networking the hell out of it.

My company lost it's soul this year. We went through a gigantic merger and everything got turned on its head. It was fun when it was a small company, but now they are in over their head. Also, we switched to one of those horrible open floor pod plans. FUCK open floor plans.

I work with some very miserable people too, and their negative attitudes are horrible to be around all day. This one co-worker comes in every morning with a long face, and barely speaks to anyone. No thanks, I'm happy and don't need to sit in a terrible atmosphere all day.

I'm a little worried about this new reorg with my company. While my company officially merged with a big pharma company 4 years ago, they roughly were independently functioning companies. Now that has ended the start of this year. Being the smaller company was always a perk compared to the major company because it is more relaxed and not micromanaged. I'm sure that's going to change, and wont be easy to handle.

Good luck in your job search. PM me if you want to join my LinkedIn.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-03, 18:14

The wife is Happy Last Night of Christmas Break 1550444538

Time to Happy Last Night of Christmas Break 2267303065

Gotta find some bourbon.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-03, 18:36

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Hang in there Steve and everyone. Best to all in the new year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-03, 18:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The wife is Happy Last Night of Christmas Break 1550444538

Gotta find some bourbon.
Mine is working tonight, just poured a glass, but need to go grocery shopping in a few and figure out dinner.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-03, 18:49

I already knocked both of those out, luckily. Just need the Broncos and Panthers to come through for us.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-03, 18:55

Cooked up some wings and am watching the Broncos game. No point in watching the Cards get buttfucked by the Hawks in a meaningless battle.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-01-03, 18:55

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The wife is Happy Last Night of Christmas Break 1550444538

Gotta find some bourbon.
Mine is working tonight, just poured a glass, but need to go grocery shopping in a few and figure out dinner.

My wife just started a diet, she said I'm on my own when it comes to eating so I threw a bunch of totinos in the oven.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-03, 18:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I already knocked both of those out, luckily. Just need the Broncos and Panthers to come through for us.
I think the Panthers are a lock, unless we have them at -30
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-03, 19:01

We need 4 more points in that game. 6 more in Seattle game. And Denver to win SU.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-03, 19:03

Oh fuck. Chargers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-03, 19:06

InTenSity wrote:

Gotta find some bourbon.

I went to Wegmans earlier. I think you should know that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-01-04, 07:11

Back to the grind today. Work sucks. Happy Last Night of Christmas Break 2130724145
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down