Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed?

+14
AnomanderRake
DoogieHouser
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Code_Warrior
The_Dude
xsanguine
Jethro Bodeen
Vlad
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Giant Moose
Turtleneck
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed?

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:37 pm

The_Dude wrote:
DoogieHouser wrote:

Uneducated rednecks. Their candidate is an idiot.

And the gullible sheep that believe chronic liar Hilary are better?

Ok...

The_Dude can't post without a mention of Hillary Clinton or those that support her.

That's typical and sad.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:42 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Ok...

The_Dude can't post without a mention of Hillary Clinton or those that support her.

That's typical and sad.
you didn't hear what happened? she killed 4 brave Americans in Benghazi with her email server..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:43 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Ok...

That's typical and sad.

Because I call out the irony and hypocrisy.

Its just funny watching Obama supporters calling other misinformed or gullible for falling for lies. I mean, seriously? Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed? - Page 2 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:49 pm

The_Dude wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

That's typical and sad.

Its just funny watching Obama supporters calling other misinformed or gullible for falling for lies. I mean, seriously? Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed? - Page 2 502811600

How are you calling out the "irony and hypocrisy" of the people you are responding to if they have made no mention of who they support? Your response makes no sense. You just jump to Clinton with no cause.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

How are you calling out the "irony and hypocrisy" of the people you are responding to if they have made no mention of who they support? Your response makes no sense. You just jump to Clinton with no cause.

Its funny that people dont realize all politicians employ these strategies instead they just point the finger and say your side is dumber than mine...haaha. There are idiots everywhere in all walks of life.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Who cares about Hilary and Trump anyway, America is about to feel the BERN!!!
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:57 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:Who cares about Hilary and Trump anyway, America is about to feel the BERN!!!

He's a feeble old idiot. Does he even know he's running against Hilary? Ive never seen such a weak campaign.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:59 pm

The_Dude wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

That's typical and sad.

I know, right?

I mean, seriously?

Go Blue!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:05 pm

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:Who cares about Hilary and Trump anyway, America is about to feel the BERN!!!

He's a feeble old idiot. Does he even know he's running against Hilary? Ive never seen such a weak campaign.

I think you need to find a word other than weak, or maybe deploy the word a bit differently.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has broken the record for the number of individual contributions received at this point during a presidential campaign, his campaign announced Sunday.
The Sanders campaign says it hit the 2.3 million contributions mark during Saturday evening's Democratic presidential debate. The major milestone breaks the record President Barack Obama set during his re-election campaign. Through Dec. 31, 2011, Obama reportedly had received about 2.2 million donations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-campaign-contributions_5678356ce4b06fa6887e03c5
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed? - Page 2 3493939353 Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed? - Page 2 1486952199

The_Dude wrote:

He's a feeble old idiot.  Does he even know he's running against Hilary?  Ive never seen such a weak campaign.

Coming from someone who says they are sick and tired of the same ole political bullshit - that's kind of ironic. Should he attack Hilary about e-mails? About her husband's sex life? Or maybe show clips re: immigration from another continent and scare the uneducated into believing that is the US?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
Well, if you think that rhetoric works, by all means, keep it up.  So far all that kind of rhetoric has done is make him stronger.  But, like most snarky elitists, you can't possibly see the flaws in your methods, so you double down on them.  Good for you!

It seems like he's just going to help Clinton in the end.
I guess that depends on how many democrats and independents dislike Hillary and find Trump appealing.  I don't believe Trump would be a good president on his own.  You can't govern with sound bites and TV appearances and you can't run government like a business.  You need a grass roots political organization not only to get out the vote, but, more importantly, you need that organization after you're elected in order to Influence local politics toward your national level agenda, because, ultimately, all politics is local.  Trump doesn't have any semblance of a grass roots organization.  I expect Trump to take a good look at Cruz as a running mate because Cruz has far and away the most complete state level organizations of any of the republican anti-establishment candidates, so I'm sure that Trump would like to leverage not only that, but also leverage Cruz's senatorial experience.  Cruz's supporters might be willing to support a Trump/Cruz ticket.

Also, Trump won't try to take the high road with Hillary like McCain and Romney did with Obama.  Don't think for a moment he won't go after her for things she did when Bill was president.  Trump is ruthless, he will hit her where it hurts, and she has a lot of baggage he can exploit.  I wouldn't assume that Hillary's a lock.

We will see if Trump can get the nomination.  It will be interesting for sure.

Last edited by Code_Warrior on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
Well, if you think that rhetoric works, by all means, keep it up. So far all that kind of rhetoric has done is make him stronger. But, like most snarky elitists, you can't possibly see the flaws in your methods, so you double down on them. Good for you!
thanks, man.

You're a great American!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:The people that speak constantly of the stupidity and ignorance of others and yet get angry, mocking and refuse to discuss or consider issues with intellectual honesty are known as liberals/Progressives/Marxist/Democrats.

When one is a Liberal(for short) , by labeling others as stupid and ignorant, you give yourself a pretext for refusing to engage the debate. Ideas and candidates are dismissed off hand and all inner conflict is avoided. Its much easier than using intellect and reason. And its safer. One can avoid accusation of racism, sexism, anti gay, anti lgbt. You simply call others stupid, say you are for everything except hate and drink micro-beer. Then in your mind, anyone with opposing political views is a hater, stupid, white, ignorant and worthy only of mocking and ignoring.

I don't think it takes a lot of intellect to see what Trump is doing. As bob has said many times before, he is thriving off insecurity, fear, and paranoia - whether it's re: Muslims or Mexicans.  

Are Trump's supporters uninformed or just misinformed? - Page 2 54259952
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:44 am

a right wing patriotic gun enthusiast buddy mine thinks that Trump's campaign is "amazing" - I was like, "dude - what's so amazing about it? He's a billionaire using his own money to tap into other people's bigotry, racism, fear and paranoia - it's really not that difficult to do"...

strange how naive and gullible some right wing patriotic gun enthusiasts are. Not surprising, because we see it over and over - just strange.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:03 am

Popcorn.gif
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a right wing patriotic gun enthusiast buddy mine thinks that Trump's campaign is "amazing" - I was like, "dude - what's so amazing about it? He's a billionaire using his own money to tap into other people's bigotry, racism, fear and paranoia - it's really not that difficult to do"...

strange how naive and gullible some right wing patriotic gun enthusiasts are. Not surprising, because we see it over and over - just strange.

Yes it is bob when you go comole rely against the establishment
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:a right wing patriotic gun enthusiast buddy mine thinks that Trump's campaign is "amazing" - I was like, "dude - what's so amazing about it? He's a billionaire using his own money to tap into other people's bigotry, racism, fear and paranoia - it's really not that difficult to do"...

Yes it is bob when you go comole rely against the establishment

Good point.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:Certainly, the issues are part of Trump's appeal, but if you think that a snarky elitist approach will work to take him down, you're sorely mistaken.

Trump's supporters see him as a fighter against political correctness. They view politicall correctness as an assault on the 1st amendment and they see establishment types constantly bowing to it and carefully choosing their words so as to try and avoid the barbs of snarky elitists. Since those very same politicians have lied to them before, none of the establishment types are trusted by Trump supporters.

Trump supporters also see him as someone who can't be bullied. As evidence of that, they can point to the companies that stopped doing business with Trump because of his political views. Trump can easily afford the loss of business and has parlayed that into proof that he's sticking to his principles even when it costs him business. The political points he scored with his supporters are far more valuable to him than the money he lost, because it demonstrates to them that he can't be bullied.

Most of his supporters are plain spoken people who feel like they have no voice in a society dominated by political correctness. Trump speaks plainly and is their champion. The more the snarky elitists try to hit him with their political correctness arsenal, the harder he fights back. His supporters love him for that and he knows it. Consequently he says more politically incorrect things just to goad the snarky elitists into attacking him, which they do with glee to their own detriment because it only provides Trump with the optics he needs to be seen as the champion of the fight against political correctness, causing even more disaffected people jump on the bandwagon.

Snarky elitists can't understand it because they have arrogant contempt for anyone they disagree with and a self righteous smugness that blinds them to anything other than their own world view. Of course, that's exactly what they accuse their opposition of doing and society becomes polarized as a result.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I understand why his supporters are.

Nailed it. Personally I hate trump, but am behind him 100% simply for what he stands for. Hell I vote don't Nadar too, so don't lump me in. I'm all about taking down the douchey authority
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:The people that speak constantly of the stupidity and ignorance of others and yet get angry, mocking and refuse to discuss or consider issues with intellectual honesty are known as liberals/Progressives/Marxist/Democrats.

When one is a Liberal(for short) , by labeling others as stupid and ignorant, you give yourself a pretext for refusing to engage the debate. Ideas and candidates are dismissed off hand and all inner conflict is avoided. Its much easier than using intellect and reason. And its safer. One can avoid accusation of racism, sexism, anti gay, anti lgbt. You simply call others stupid, say you are for everything except hate and drink micro-beer. Then in your mind, anyone with opposing political views is a hater, stupid, white, ignorant and worthy only of mocking and ignoring.

I don't think it takes a lot of intellect to see what Trump is doing. As bob has said many times before, he is thriving off insecurity, fear, and paranoia - whether it's re: Muslims or Mexicans.

He's actually doing the opposite. He's dominating due to self confidence and the media cannot Stand him for that
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:

It seems like he's just going to help Clinton in the end.
I guess that depends on how many democrats and independents dislike Hillary and find Trump appealing.  I don't believe Trump would be a good president on his own.  You can't govern with sound bites and TV appearances and you can't run government like a business.  You need a grass roots political organization not only to get out the vote, but, more importantly, you need that organization after you're elected in order to Influence local politics toward your national level agenda, because, ultimately, all politics is local.  Trump doesn't have any semblance of a grass roots organization.  I expect Trump to take a good look at Cruz as a running mate because Cruz has far and away the most complete state level organizations of any of the republican anti-establishment candidates, so I'm sure that Trump would like to leverage not only that, but also leverage Cruz's senatorial experience.  Cruz's supporters might be willing to support a Trump/Cruz ticket.

Also, Trump won't try to take the high road with Hillary like McCain and Romney did with Obama.  Don't think for a moment he won't go after her for things she did when Bill was president.  Trump is ruthless, he will hit her where it hurts, and she has a lot of baggage he can exploit.  I wouldn't assume that Hillary's a lock.

We will see if Trump can get the nomination.  It will be interesting for sure.

If Cruz is on the ballot, I'm out. Fuck that smug pos. Yet bob thinks Trump is worse lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:53 pm

The_Dude wrote:

You are wrong. Trump is thriving because he understands how to campaign. Use simple slogans, don't give specifics (Obama won on 'yes we can' and 'hope and change') and he talks plainly. That means unlike someone like Hilary he doesn't run every word he says by 12 advisers before he says something.

Oh...and Bob is funny saying that the GOP uses irrational fear. And the Dems don't? They've been running campaigns on fear and paranoia for years. Global warming going to doom us all...GOP want to put blacks back in chains...GOP want women to be second class citizens..and on and on.

Trump, unlike the GOP party as a whole, understands how to campaign and not be bullied/defined by the media and challengers.

I am honestly convinced that Trump studied Obama campaign in 2008 and is trying to replicate that from the right. The use of simply slogans, speaking in vague generalities that can be interpreted in many ways. Most of all of course is not actually stating he is going to fix the problems he claims he will fix.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:56 pm

I hate it when naive and gullible people repeat the same talking points over and over again.

Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2