Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad News For Those Who Hate America - US Economy Added 292,000 Jobs in December..

+6
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bad News For Those Who Hate America - US Economy Added 292,000 Jobs in December..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad News For Those Who Hate America - US Economy Added 292,000 Jobs in December..

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-08, 15:08

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure... you'll have to ask them.

(just make sure you're armed when you approach them.. and do so very slowly).

If you could tone down the racist trolling schtick for a moment,

Do you think that blacks will come out and vote in the same percentages in this election as they did the last one when there are two white candidates?

If Bill Clinton is out campaigning for one they will.

The GOP and their "conservative" friends are very worried.  They are pulling out all stops hoping the new perpetually outraged voters get more upset about allegations going back to 1999 when a woman accused the then candidate for Arkansas Gov Bill Clinton allegedly raped her.

She was interviewed in 1999 and it didn't stop Bill Clinton from being elected but even with the cozy relationship Hillary Clinton has with Wall Street the GOP and powerful conservative donors still are seemingly in fear of a Hillary Clinton presidency.  

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick

Of course many of the same backed GOP leaders in Congress who met the day Obama was inaugarated to plan how to stymie the new president and make his re-election impossible.  That attempt didn't work out too well.

Now the GOP says the "recovery" isn't enough and what we need is more tax breaks to corporations and the wealthiest among us to even out wages although they have been in position to improve wages and haven't done so in over 3 decades.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bad News For Those Who Hate America - US Economy Added 292,000 Jobs in December..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad News For Those Who Hate America - US Economy Added 292,000 Jobs in December..

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-01-08, 15:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Jethro Bodeen wrote:

The percentage of people not working is the highest since the great depression (of the 1930s). It is only through the gimmick of excluding people no longer looking for work that the reported unemployment numbers are kept below 20%. If we used the same methodology to measure unemployment today as we did at the time of the great depression, we would have a figure similar to the 25% unemployment rates reported in the early 30s.

See Actual Unemployment Figures Here

For all of you jeanyuses that blindly support Obama, ask yourself: How many people did you know 10-15 years ago that were unemployed, underemployed and otherwise struggling financially? How many knew people with their college grad kids living at home for years?

Bullshit yourselves if you wish. Hating the hateful Republicans and Conservatives is more important to many of you than facts.

I'll sit tight while you take the time and prove that that doesn't include retired people which, you know, would make that the most obvious comment of all time. "More people aren't work because they're living longer!" Yeah. That makes sense. On a cursory glance I didn't see any mention of it, but I'll let you waste time instead of me doing it myself.

If you would bother clickking on the link, the methodology is available in a link and no, retired people arent counted.

Unemployment is depression levels and has stayed that way. As oppsed to the 1930's, the government now has a vigorous disinformation campaign to lie about the issue so as to protect Obama.

You don't have to just accept government propaganda folks. But I guess if you love the party of Government, why put any more thought into it than that.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:46

The economy is awesome. For some people.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/08/the-economy-is-awesome-for-some-people/

Perhaps most importantly -- at least when it comes to the animating forces of the current presidential election -- is the way that this recovery seems to have completely bypassed a certain set of workers. As the centrist Democratic think tank Third Way notes in a new report, prime-aged men still aren't working at anywhere close to the rate they did before the recession.

The numbers look even worse for men without college degrees. This chart is for all Americans over the age of 25, so some amount of this decline could be explained by worker retirements, but not all of it. See how it plunges during the recession and doesn't bounce back:

This is the group that right now is driving the political discussion over the economy. Many of them are angry and anxious about how they're faring in it.

Donald Trump has harnessed those anxieties on his way to the top of the polls for the Republican presidential nomination. It may seem incongruous that "Make America Great Again" could be a winning slogan even as the economy churns out nearly 300,000 jobs a month. But in the context of this recovery, and the way it has disappointed so many workers, it makes sense.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:51

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I'll sit tight while you take the time and prove that that doesn't include retired people which, you know, would make that the most obvious comment of all time. "More people aren't work because they're living longer!" Yeah. That makes sense. On a cursory glance I didn't see any mention of it, but I'll let you waste time instead of me doing it myself.

If you would bother clickking on the link, the methodology is available in a link and no, retired people arent counted.

Unemployment is depression levels and has stayed that way. As oppsed to the 1930's, the government now has a vigorous disinformation campaign to lie about the issue so as to protect Obama.

You don't have to just accept government propaganda folks. But I guess if you love the party of Government, why put any more thought into it than that.

It is hard to think of a website so loved by its followers and so scorned by economists as John Williams’ ShadowStats, a widely cited source of alternative economic data on inflation and other economic indicators. Any econ blogger who has ever written a line about inflation is familiar with ShadowStats. Time and again, readers cite it in comments, not infrequently paranoid in their tone and rude in their language. Brief replies that cast doubt on some of more extreme claims made by ShadowStats fans don’t seem to have much effect. After a recent round of comments, I promised the editor of one website to undertake a thorough deconstruction of ShadownStats. Here is the result. - See more at: http://www.economonitor.com/dolanecon/2015/03/31/deconstructing-shadowstats-why-is-it-so-loved-by-its-followers-but-scorned-by-economists/#sthash.I1jLmpJM.dpuf
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2