Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left? Compelling evidence by Andy H

+9
Herbie Green
steveschneider
NigelUno
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
The_Dude
DWags
13 posters

Go down

Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left?  Compelling evidence by Andy H  Empty Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left? Compelling evidence by Andy H

Post by DWags 2016-01-17, 23:47

Andy is fucking great. Wish he'd post here. Anyway, of course he' is, in my opinion, a great bench coach. But here are Andy's numbers. I'd love to have a beer with that guy

Since the 2011-12 season, MSU has been involved in 17 final periods (either 2nd half or overtime) in which a lead change has occurred in the final minute of play.
During that period of time:
0 outright comebacks to win in the final minute
1 comeback in the final minute to tie and force overtime
2 periods with both a comeback and blown lead in the final minute that resulted in overtime
10 periods with a blown lead in the final minute that resulted in overtime
4 blown leads in the final minute to outright lose
---------------------------------
The last time MSU won or forced overtime when trailing with exactly 1 minute remaining was in 2011 against Indiana. Since that time, MSU has either lost outright or ended up in overtime 14 times when leading with exactly 1 minute remaining.
---------------------------------
When considering "close games", in which the game was within 3 points at any point within the final 60 seconds of either the 2nd half or overtime, MSU has been involved in 59 such periods since the start of the 2011-12 season.
3-0 when leading by 6+ points with 1 minute remaining
5-0-1 when leading by 5 points with 1 minute remaining
7-1 when leading by 4 points with 1 minute remaining
3-0-2 when leading by 3 points with 1 minute remaining (-1.6 pt final minute change avg)
3-1-2 when leading by 2 points with 1 minute remaining (-0.2 pt final minute change avg)
2-2-5 when leading by 1 point with 1 minute remaining (-0.9 pt final minute change avg)
4-2-3 when tied with 1 minute remaining (+1.7 pt final minute change avg)
0-1-1 when trailing by 1 with 1 minute remaining (-1.5 pt final minute change avg)
0-3 when trailing by 2 with 1 minute remaining (-0.7 pt final minute change avg)
0-4 when trailing by 3 with 1 minute remaining (+0.5 pt final minute change avg)
0-4 when trailing by 4+ with 1 minute remaining (+0.8 pt final minute change avg)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left?  Compelling evidence by Andy H  Empty Re: Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left? Compelling evidence by Andy H

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-17, 23:54

Lack of a point guard for the most part but we still have had too much talent to be that bad.

Not sure how good we will be in the ball handling department next year. Hopefully Winston is good enough to start. Tum will never have an offensive game. Eron Harris seems to be careless multiple times a game with the ball. His style I guess.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left?  Compelling evidence by Andy H  Empty Re: Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left? Compelling evidence by Andy H

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-17, 23:55

No
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-17, 23:57

Turtleneck wrote:No

I believe that's your opinion. We have rules now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 00:00

What was the question? I forget.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 00:30

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:No

It's a fact that it's his opinion. You are banned.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 00:35

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

That fucker WBH has me so confused I don't know what to say anymore. And to think I wanted him to be president.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 00:40

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That fucker WBH has me so confused I don't know what to say anymore. And to think I wanted him to be president.

You've got to find your center, man, or you'll never get a hat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 00:42

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That fucker WBH has me so confused I don't know what to say anymore.  And to think I wanted him to be president.

He has me confused too. You should see the pics he PMed me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-18, 00:52

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

That fucker WBH has me so confused I don't know what to say anymore.  And to think I wanted him to be president.

That was not my penis, I promise.

I wish I could remember the details but fwiw Andy also put together a pretty damning condemnation of Coach D's track record after the Texas Tech bowl loss.

In summary, fuck Andy H.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That was not my penis, I promise.

I wish I could remember the details but fwiw Andy also put together a pretty damning condemnation of Coach D's track record after the Texas Tech bowl loss.

In summary, fuck Andy H.

I figured it was not your penis. It was pretty big.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-18, 01:05

If by "pretty big", you mean "normal sized" and if by "normal sized" you mean > 4", you are correct. It was not mine.

Though who am I fooling, it could be 18" and it still wouldn't get a second look from my wife.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-18, 07:20

Agree about the PG comment. More on that later
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 08:32

What is our record in "close" games this year?

Wins over Kansas, Louisville, Florida, Oakland, Minnesota?
Loss to Wisconsin?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-18, 08:34

NigelUno wrote:What is our record in "close" games this year?

Wins over Kansas, Louisville, Florida, Oakland, Minnesota?
Loss to Wisconsin?

Fuck you and your facts!! Fire Izzo!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 08:43

And just for laughs...we were losing to Louisville with under a minute left and forced OT in the NCAA Tournament. We then won in OT. But, since it wasn't a "close" game in OT, Izzo doesn't get credit for a W? He gets credit for a tie?

Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left?  Compelling evidence by Andy H  502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-18, 08:54

I'm not worried. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. How many times have we been frustrated in January and February and then been feeling proud in March?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 09:11

Regarding the Louisville win in OT...this statement is therefore not true:

"The last time MSU won or forced overtime when trailing with exactly 1 minute remaining was in 2011 against Indiana."

MSU trailed by 1 with under a minute left (and forced OT) last year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-18, 09:17

NigelUno wrote:Regarding the Louisville win in OT...this statement is therefore not true:

"The last time MSU won or forced overtime when trailing with exactly 1 minute remaining was in 2011 against Indiana."

Why don't you go take on Andy H. on the RCMB and defend Izzo's honor.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 09:20

Those "close" game stats are a little skewed by losing 5 games in OT last year.

A year (incidentally) in which...we went to the Final 4...by winning close games against Virginia, Oklahoma, and Louisville.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 09:26

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Regarding the Louisville win in OT...this statement is therefore not true:

Wut?

DWags brought some info here. I just pointed out a factual error. That you think I need to defend Izzo's "honor" is comical.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-18, 09:52

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Wut?

DWags brought some info here. I just pointed out a factual error. That you think I need to defend Izzo's "honor" is comical.

Sure seems like you are trying awfully hard to. I don't care, your issue is with Andy H. Please go to the RCMB and address it directly there.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-18, 09:58

Turtleneck wrote:What was the question? I forget.

Ow! Fucking facist!

Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left?  Compelling evidence by Andy H  Mug-throw-big-lebowski
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 10:06

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Wut?

Sure seems like you are trying awfully hard to. I don't care, your issue is with Andy H. Please go to the RCMB and address it directly there.

If you "don't care", why are you commenting?

Info was presented here in a thread. It can be discussed here.

Sounds like you just have a problem with the truth.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 10:27

This is why Andy H won't post here. Bits obvious we are fact based with fact checkers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 10:31

Herbie Green wrote:

Is using Andy's facts defending Izzo's honor? It's just pointing shit out. Just debate the numbers first. Then, I'll decide about izzo's fate. I started this thread. I'll decide to remove Izzo from the bench or not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 10:38

DWags wrote:

This is why Andy H won't post here. Bits obvious we are fact based with fact checkers.

I saw a graph. I think it was meant to emphasize something, but I looked at the most important stat (in my opinion)...the W/L record (it was 15-10).

I also noticed something else in that graph. EVERY game we were losing with 1:00 to go, we ended up winning.

Is it OK to mention that here?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-18, 10:52

MSU hoops is elite-lite. Just not enough wins on the biggest stages, and a few too many lopsided losses.

Elite-lite ain't bad though.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 10:54

Vlad wrote:MSU hoops is elite-lite. Just not enough wins on the biggest stages, and a few too many lopsided losses.

Are you lost?

Go troll in another thread.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 11:18

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I saw a graph. I think it was meant to emphasize something, but I looked at the most important stat (in my opinion)...the W/L record (it was 15-10).

I also noticed something else in that graph. EVERY game we were losing with 1:00 to go, we ended up winning.

Is it OK to mention that here?

As long as it's fact based
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 11:20

Vlad wrote:MSU hoops is elite-lite. Just not enough wins on the biggest stages, and a few too many lopsided losses.

Our degrees ain't even that so at least our athletics are out pacing our academics. Face it, we went to MSU cause it was easier.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-18, 11:25

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I just care about you having some balls for once in your life.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-18, 11:31

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I just care about you having some balls for once in your life.

I'm not going to lie. You're starting to creep me out.

The info as presented was inaccurate. So, I said so.

You don't care though, right?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-25, 10:28

Should Tom Izzo leave the bench if it's a close game and there are 2 minutes left?  Compelling evidence by Andy H  1165525128
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-25, 12:08

if Andy H (whoever that is) doesn't want to post here, I don't want him posting here.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-25, 12:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Andy H (whoever that is) doesn't want to post here, I don't want him posting here.

Any rcmb recruiting updates from over the weekend, Bob?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-25, 12:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Andy H (whoever that is) doesn't want to post here, I don't want him posting here.

Any rcmb recruiting updates from over the weekend, Bob?
no.. I take the weekend off from recruiting.

Besides, as I said, if they don't want to be here, I don't want them here.. know what I'm sayin'?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down