Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules

+15
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
duffy munn
tGreenWay
Death Roe
xsanguine
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Giant Moose
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Cameron
Vlad
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 Empty Re: Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-19, 16:14

gHost Spartan wrote:The bottom line is that MSU hoops has always played physical and we have reputation as being a physical team. The new rules are not good for MSU basketball and we've simply got to make adjustments or figure out a way to mitigate the foul calls as much as possible. Sometimes we've done a great job, sometimes not. But I doubt Izzo will change all that much. The guy is a fucking legend for God's sake, trust the man.

Fuck legend. Izzo is still playing Detroit Bad Boys basketball. The rules changed and took away the Bad Boy style of play, so you won't see that kind of defense played anymore in the NBA. Same is true in College hoops. Izzo's teams have always fouled a lot. The rules changed last year and it took the Wisconsin loss--a game i didn't even bother to watch-- to finally realize he must coach his teams to not foul to win. Next up, defend the three!!! That might finally happen next season! Looking forward to that epiphany going off in his head. One area of weakness at a time I guess
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 Empty Re: Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules

Post by Vlad 2016-01-19, 16:32

I'm just surprised that Izzo has taken this long to adjust. This "freedom of movement" thing isn't exactly new. This is the second time in 3 years that they've adjusted the rules in that direction.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2015/11/15/college-basketball-rules-changes/75821706/
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-19, 16:34

Vlad wrote:I'm just surprised that Izzo has taken this long to adjust. This "freedom of movement" thing isn't exactly new. This is the second time in 3 years that they've adjusted the rules in that direction.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2015/11/15/college-basketball-rules-changes/75821706/
Didn't MSU make the FF last year, or am I forgetting something? Why does Izzo GAS about freedom of movement if the refs in the tournament start swallowing their whistles come March?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-19, 16:49

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:I'm just surprised that Izzo has taken this long to adjust. This "freedom of movement" thing isn't exactly new. This is the second time in 3 years that they've adjusted the rules in that direction.

Didn't MSU make the FF last year, or am I forgetting something? Why does Izzo GAS about freedom of movement if the refs in the tournament start swallowing their whistles come March?

To be fair....seems like a lot of you guys are forgetting about the Duke game. Though arguably that foul disparity could easily be attributed to the difference in class of players/athletes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-19, 17:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

To be fair....seems like a lot of you guys are forgetting about the Duke game. Though arguably that foul disparity could easily be attributed to the difference in class of players/athletes.

Correct. Apparently getting to FFs is the end goal.

In most years, it takes two quality wins to get to the FF. A nice accomplishment, but there's a reason they don't give out trophies at that point.

And heck, didn't Izzo himself say that he's tired of just getting to FFs, and that he's ready to win another one? So why is FF appearances the benchmark here?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-19, 17:51

Vlad wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Correct. Apparently getting to FFs is the end goal.

In most years, it takes two quality wins to get to the FF. A nice accomplishment, but there's a reason they don't give out trophies at that point.

And heck, didn't Izzo himself say that he's tired of just getting to FFs, and that he's ready to win another one? So why is FF appearances the benchmark here?

Because msu usually gets destroyed by North Carolina or duke once it reaches the ff.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-19, 17:58

Vlad wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 Jpeg
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-19, 18:01

Participation trophy.

And that should really be a quarter of a trophy, since each of the four FF teams has won a quarter of the tournament to that point.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-19, 18:11

Every season, 1 school is successful and the other 349 are failures. If the coach is continually a failure he should be replaced.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-19, 19:19

NATTY
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 19:44

Herbie Green wrote:Every season, 1 school is successful and the other 349 are failures. If the coach is continually a failure he should be replaced.
So does that mean Jud is more successful than Izzo? Jud was 1 for 19. Izzo is 1 for 20.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-19, 22:54

Three guys in this thread don't deserve to have Tom Izzo as MSU coach.

Tanfan, Moose and Vlad have no clue how good we have had it over 17 years. Sorry he hasn't won more national titles. Sorry he has embarrassed you three dickheads in Final Fucking Fours.

Demand all you want. You will NEVER in your lifetime see a run like this. You will NEVER have a coach this successful. EVER.

You three idiots are too fucking stupid to understand that you are getting the very excellence you demand.

Watch what happens when he is gone. Enjoy an occasional sweet sixteen.

Best part is that none of you jackasses would ever say the shit you post to the face of the best coach in MSU sports history.

Rant over. Dicks.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 22:57

Izzo is not the best coach in MSU sports history. Sorry.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-19, 23:02

Giant Moose wrote:Izzo is not the best coach in MSU sports history. Sorry.

Over a sustained number of years, it's not even close.

Again, maybe when he is gone you will appreciate him and regret ripping him during the best run in MSU sports history.

You and your ilk don't deserve him.

And if you were around for Biggie and Duffy, you would have ripped them too.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 23:03

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Izzo is not the best coach in MSU sports history. Sorry.

Again, maybe when he is gone you will appreciate him and regret ripping him during the best run in MSU sports history.

He's for sure behind Munn and Daugherty and maybe even Mason.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 23:06

So he is fourth best. Fitting.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-19, 23:16

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

He's for sure behind Munn and Daugherty and maybe even Mason.

Were you around for the end of the Duffy era. You want to talk about embarrassing ? Funny how Stolz was the fall guy for probation.

Mason has the same number of National Titles as Izzo. And Amo Bessone has one too. So does Jud.

You may have an argument with Biggie.

Just wait until Izzo is gone. His run will never be duplicated. Ever.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 23:18

Mason is leading Izzo in the crucial Final (Frozen) Four metric.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 23:21

I don't recall Daugherty ever sitting out a game for an NCAA violation, either.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-19, 23:27

I am glad I am a well adjusted adult.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-19, 23:35

Giant Moose wrote:I don't recall Daugherty ever sitting out a game for an NCAA violation, either.

The NCAA is the 1960's was nothing like it is now. They didn't want to know or care.

Without saying much more, Duffy was far from pure as driven snow. And after 1966, his record was brutal.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-19, 23:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am glad I am a well adjusted adult.

Lol. What the hell are you doing here ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-19, 23:36

duffy munn wrote:

Without saying much more, Duffy was far from pure as driven snow. And after 1966, his record was brutal.

Say much more. I'm interested.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 23:40

So duffy can badmouth Daugherty, but God forbid someone points out something that isn't positive about Izzo....Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-19, 23:42

Giant Moose wrote:So duffy can badmouth Daugherty, but God forbid someone points out something that isn't positive about Izzo....Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 502811600
You should buy a billboard in eat landings with a list of your demands. Probably should get 4, just put it out there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-19, 23:43

God Damn autocorrect. Just read that as east Lansing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-19, 23:45

Giant Moose wrote:So duffy can badmouth Daugherty, but God forbid someone points out something that isn't positive about Izzo....Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 502811600

Duffy was a legend. With the same number of national titles as Tom Izzo.

His record after 1966 speaks for itself. And his program was less than squeaky clean. You say he was better than Izzo. I say you are wrong.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-19, 23:53

It's really weird to me that GM and others want to denigrate Izzo. When I enrolled at MSU basketball wasn't even a thing. I was a sports nut and I was intrigued by the kid we just signed out of Flint who was occasionally pulling down double digit rebounds. Other than that, the games weren't even on TV. Not even on the fucking Burly Bear Network.

Not to mention the unspoken here. I'm sorry, and I know simpleton Bob would disagree but Izzo is at a decided disadvantage against those Duke, Memphis, UNC, Kentucky teams that he occasionally faces in the Final Four/Champ Game. I'm perfectly please that he is not willing to cross those lines that others cross. I am extraordinarily proud of what he has accomplished despite not crossing those lines. I would rather he not. I would rather we run a group of walk ons out there and go 0-30 than enroll kids for one semester as a minor league NBA feeder system.

Whatever, though. The world is black and white to some people.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-20, 00:10

Giant Moose wrote: but God forbid someone points out something that isn't positive about Izzo....Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 502811600

Point of something that isn't positive about Izzo ? Are you serious ?

It's your crusade here to bash the guy. The only thing that has ever distracted you from your mission is Russell Byrd. And even then, you blame Izzo.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-20, 00:45

Giant Moose is obviously enjoying getting guys riled up. If you read his shit, he really doesn't even know that much about college basketball. I've never actually read an analysis from him, just a summary of games we've played saying we suck or we're alright based on the score. Ask him what he is demanding and how to get it, he'll disappear. That is classic troll gentlemen and he's having fun in his own way with you. Whatever. He won't stop. Either ignore him or keep giving him what he wants. I mean if bringing Tom Izzo having to sit out a game up isn't your clue, you just can't figure it out.

As far as Duffy Digherty goes, my goodness he was as funny and as dirty as it comes. He actually did have a bottom drawer full of money, and he actually did give it out steadily. Scholarship? If they were out of scholies, and he needed a running back that qualified late or decided late, no big deal, he'd call up the HS coach and put him in touch with "a guy" who would deposit money in a third party checking account to pay for college. Duffy wasn't doing anything that any college was doing including that new young coach in Ann Arbor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-20, 00:56

DWags wrote:Giant Moose is obviously enjoying getting guys riled up. If you read his shit, he really doesn't even know that much about college basketball. I've never actually read an analysis from him, just a summary of games we've played saying we suck or we're alright based on the score. Ask him what he is demanding and how to get it, he'll disappear. That is classic troll gentlemen and he's having fun in his own way with you. Whatever. He won't stop. Either ignore him or keep giving him what he wants. I mean if bringing Tom Izzo having to sit out a game up isn't your clue, you just can't figure it out.

As far as Duffy Digherty goes, my goodness he was as funny and as dirty as it comes. He actually did have a bottom drawer full of money, and he actually did give it out steadily. Scholarship? If they were out of scholies, and he needed a running back that qualified late or decided late, no big deal, he'd call up the HS coach and put him in touch with "a guy" who would deposit money in a third party checking account to pay for college. Duffy wasn't doing anything that any college was doing including that new young coach in Ann Arbor.

Solid post. Both about GM and Duffy. Both are absolutely true and not opinion.

I always chuckle when people blame Stoltz for MSU going on probation. He was nothing more than the fall guy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-20, 01:03

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Giant Moose is obviously enjoying getting guys riled up. If you read his shit, he really doesn't even know that much about college basketball. I've never actually read an analysis from him, just a summary of games we've played saying we suck or we're alright based on the score. Ask him what he is demanding and how to get it, he'll disappear. That is classic troll gentlemen and he's having fun in his own way with you. Whatever. He won't stop. Either ignore him or keep giving him what he wants. I mean if bringing Tom Izzo having to sit out a game up isn't your clue, you just can't figure it out.

Solid post. Both about GM and Duffy. Both are absolutely true and not opinion.

I always chuckle when people blame Stoltz for MSU going on probation. He was nothing more than the fall guy.

Wasn't even close on the dirty scale as Duffy. Stoltz big crime was beating Woody when OSU was number one in that controversial fashion. No way MSU wasn't going to pay a penalty for that and Woody was going to make sure.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-20, 01:26

This thread is disgraceful seeing fellow "Spartans" attempting to tarnish the legacy of Duffy Daugherty to fuel their personal agendas. Disgraceful
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-20, 01:27

Herbie Green wrote:This thread is disgraceful seeing fellow "Spartans" attempting to tarnish the legacy of Duffy Daugherty to fuel their personal agendas. Disgraceful

Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-20, 01:29

Is March here yet so we can all go back to sucking Izzo's dick?

Then stop in April. Heh. Get it, Moose?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-20, 01:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is March here yet so we can all go back to sucking Izzo's dick?

Please keep track of that in the "2016 sucks" thread.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-20, 06:52

duffy munn wrote:

Duffy was a legend. With the same number of national titles as Tom Izzo.

His record after 1966 speaks for itself. And his program was less than squeaky clean. You say he was better than Izzo. I say you are wrong.
MSU says that Daugherty has 4 national championships, but in duffy's book the guy only has one like Izzo. Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-20, 06:59

DWags wrote:Giant Moose is obviously enjoying getting guys riled up.  If you read his shit, he really doesn't even know that much about college basketball.  I've never actually read an analysis from him, just a summary of games we've played saying we suck or we're alright based on the score. Ask him what he is demanding and how to get it, he'll disappear.  That is classic troll gentlemen and he's having fun in his own way with you. Whatever. He won't stop. Either ignore him or keep giving him what he wants. I mean if bringing Tom Izzo having to sit out a game up isn't your clue, you just can't figure it out.

As far as Duffy Digherty goes, my goodness he was as funny and as dirty as it comes. He actually did have a bottom drawer full of money, and he actually did give it out steadily. Scholarship?  If they were out of scholies, and he needed a running back that qualified late or decided late, no big deal, he'd call up the HS coach and put him in touch with "a guy" who would deposit money in a third party checking account to pay for college.  Duffy wasn't doing anything that any college was doing including that new young coach in Ann Arbor.
So to have an opinion not only do I have to be an athletic director to describe what our next path should be, but I also have to have the knowledge of a coach? You definitely demand excellence from random message board posters.

Too bad that you are just happy to go to the games and are content seeing MSU lose by 20. Some of us aren't.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-20, 07:03

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:Giant Moose is obviously enjoying getting guys riled up.  If you read his shit, he really doesn't even know that much about college basketball.  I've never actually read an analysis from him, just a summary of games we've played saying we suck or we're alright based on the score. Ask him what he is demanding and how to get it, he'll disappear.  That is classic troll gentlemen and he's having fun in his own way with you. Whatever. He won't stop. Either ignore him or keep giving him what he wants. I mean if bringing Tom Izzo having to sit out a game up isn't your clue, you just can't figure it out.

As far as Duffy Digherty goes, my goodness he was as funny and as dirty as it comes. He actually did have a bottom drawer full of money, and he actually did give it out steadily. Scholarship?  If they were out of scholies, and he needed a running back that qualified late or decided late, no big deal, he'd call up the HS coach and put him in touch with "a guy" who would deposit money in a third party checking account to pay for college.  Duffy wasn't doing anything that any college was doing including that new young coach in Ann Arbor.
So to have an opinion not only do I have to be an athletic director to describe what our next path should be, but I also have to have the knowledge of a coach? You definitely demand excellence from random message board posters.

Too bad that you are just happy to go to the games and are content seeing MSU lose by 20. Some of us aren't.

Izzo admits he hasn't done a good job adjusting to the rules - Page 3 502811600

I told you

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-20, 07:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is March here yet so we can all go back to sucking Izzo's dick?

Hopefully someone has the will of Trice last year. Dude refused to leave MSU without a Final Four. I just hope our coaching steps up in the Final Four when other teams make adjustments that end up killing us. Coach K totally turned that game around after MSU started hot.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next