Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread!

+4
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Vlad
8 posters

Go down

Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread! Empty Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread!

Post by Vlad 2016-01-29, 14:42

So here it is, for those of you keeping score at home. (You know who you are.)

That was a fine win last night. Still too many really, really dumb turnovers, but whatever. So Go Green! RAH RAH RAH!! Izzo rules my world!

(How many points do I get for each of these posts?)
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread! Empty Re: Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread!

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-29, 14:50

I'm pleased with where this team is at, and am encouraged by Mcqaid taking some more shots.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread! Empty Re: Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread!

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-29, 14:58

Yay. Another awesome Vlad thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-29, 15:02

steveschneider wrote:I'm pleased with where this team is at, and am encouraged by Mcqaid taking some more shots.

Not much insight or expert analysis in your post, so I like it, and I agree.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-29, 15:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Yay. Another awesome Vlad thread.

I'm just trying to keep everyone happy dude. It ain't easy...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-29, 15:09

Vlad wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I'm pleased with where this team is at, and am encouraged by Mcqaid taking some more shots.

This is a top 4 team IMO with a high ceiling. I think they were playing their best ball earlier this season, team is still lacking Tum Tum. I think it's giving McQaid and Davis an opportunity to play more minutes and develop more.

I also think this years Golden State Warriors team is better than the 96 Bulls.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-29, 15:12

McQuaid is going to benefit greatly from Tum's injury. Kid needs to keep being aggressive shooting and driving wise, while limiting the turnovers. But he's a freshman - shit will happen.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-29, 15:15

steveschneider wrote:
Vlad wrote:

This is a top 4 team IMO with a high ceiling. I think they were playing their best ball earlier this season, team is still lacking Tum Tum. I think it's giving McQaid and Davis an opportunity to play more minutes and develop more.

Careful, this could turn into a thread, which really wasn't my intention.

A "top 4" team with a high ceiling? Will let you know after the next 5 games.

Not sure about TumTum's value.  Good ball handler and obviously fast, but the lack of point production really hurts him.  I mean, what kind of defense fears a PG who presents almost zero threat of scoring?

McQuaid's recent play is encouraging, but again, let's see how he does against better competition. It may be just about confidence, which he seems to have gotten back.  Or maybe it's just a result of lesser competition last night. We don't really know yet.

I don't follow GS, but GO DRAYMOND!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-29, 15:25

Vlad wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Not sure about TumTum's value.  Good ball handler and obviously fast, but the lack of point production really hurts him.  I mean, what kind of defense fears a PG who presents almost zero threat of scoring?

McQuaid's recent play is encouraging, but again, let's see how he does against better competition. It may be just about confidence, which he seems to have gotten back.  Or maybe it's just a result of lesser competition last night. We don't really know yet.

McQuaid had the same issue. In the games we lost he came off with that 'zero chance of scoring' vibe. He's got a pretty quick release and with his height he should be able to shoot over some defenders.

Tum Tum has taken a step forward with his offense but he has a long ways to go. Definitely needs to start shooting when left wide open.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-29, 15:37

steveschneider wrote:
Vlad wrote:

McQuaid had the same issue. In the games we lost he came off with that 'zero chance of scoring' vibe. He's got a pretty quick release and with his height he should be able to shoot over some defenders.

Tum Tum has taken a step forward with his offense but he has a long ways to go. Definitely needs to start shooting when left wide open.

In most cases you're either a natural-born shooter or you're not. You either have that confidence and drive to score, or you view yourself as a member of the supporting cast and are happy dishing the ball.  Let's hope he's the exception to the rule.

I know this is fundamental to the resident "experts" but for PG to create offense, it basically comes down to:
1. Can he dribble-penetrate to collapse the D and then either score himself or dish it back out. TT is too short to score in the paint, so the D knows he has to dish it back out.
2. Can he hit from the perimeter, forcing the D come to come out on him, which creates space in the paint for the big men. TT has a very limited outside range.

So I'm not holding my breath on him becoming a great one. And a great college team almost always requires a great PG. We've had plenty of "good" ones, but you see how far a good PG takes us - to the FF.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-01-29, 15:43; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-29, 15:39

We looked good. I am just excited because every day passing means we are closer to March, the only month that matters.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-29, 17:26

Happy to get the win. Almost as happy to see Northwestern got rid of that heinous painted floor from the past couple of years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-29, 18:30

tGreenWay wrote:Happy to get the win. Almost as happy to see Northwestern got rid of that heinous painted floor from the past couple of years.  

I actually liked that floor, but instead of paint the should have used purpleheart. Good, solid wood to work with.

Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread! Purpleheart-Lyptus-Cherrywoods
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-29, 18:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Happy to get the win. Almost as happy to see Northwestern got rid of that heinous painted floor from the past couple of years.  

I actually liked that floor, but instead of paint the should have used purpleheart. Good, solid wood to work with.

Oops, almost forgot my obligatory post-win thread! Purpleheart-Lyptus-Cherrywoods

That's good looking wood. It must be fun to work with that wood.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-31, 21:09

Bump. Because we won and I need to post more after wins.

RAH RAH RAH! VICTORY FOR MSU! AND FUCK MICHIGAN!

(That should do.)
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-31, 21:14

#VladTheVag
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-31, 23:52

Vlad wrote:Bump. Because we won and I need to post more after wins.

RAH RAH RAH! VICTORY FOR MSU! AND FUCK MICHIGAN!

(That should do.)

I know you already know this, but no one here likes you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down