Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch

+2
Oops Thats not right
steveschneider
6 posters

Go down

Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch Empty Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch

Post by steveschneider Tue 13 May 2014 - 10:49

This guy has a lot of nerve. Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch 1896033241  I predict a good bench clearing brawl soon.  Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch 3493939353  Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch 1853518006  Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch 1853518006  Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch 1853518006  Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch 1853518006 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-orioles-tigers-gamer-20140512,0,6464048.story

“You know, obviously he didn't like it,” Norris said. “He's entitled to his opinion, but I think he did overreact a little bit. I didn't like the first swing he took on my slider, so I didn't think I was going to jump out to the other half of the plate again.

“I know I worked inside, on both sides of the plate with Clevenger all day and got some ground balls in. Tried to throw a four-seamer in. He didn't like it, and I guess he did overreact if that's the way he feels.”

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-orioles-tigers-gamer-20140512,0,6464048.story#ixzz31bgtk78Q

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch Empty Re: Bud Norris is a Son of Bitch

Post by Oops Thats not right Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:14

I think the wild card in here is Joba, I have a feeling he's going to be the guy that goes nuts on someone or throws at someone if the game is in hand.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:15

Oops Thats not right wrote:I think the wild card in here is Joba, I have a feeling he's going to be the guy that goes nuts on someone or throws at someone if the game is in hand.

I said the same thing last night in the game thread. The way he was standing by Torii at 1b to calm him down sort of told me he's going to be a good teammate and do what he has to do.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:27

MLB network cut to the Orioles broadcast of the incident....Even Thorne and Palmer were saying, maybe you didn't mean to hit him, but you did so Norris needed to STFU.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:35

Baseball "fights" are always adorable.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:28

dubie7006 wrote:Baseball "fights" are always adorable.

Baseball is not hockey, and thank god for that.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:36

steveschneider wrote:

Baseball is not hockey, and thank god for that.

When I played ball, I was a pitcher. And I never....ever....ever got upset if someone hit a bomb off me or celebrated or anything. I don't understand big league pitchers who think since a guy celebrated or swung extra hard or some shit like that that they can get real mad and fight or throw at the next dude. Batters get paid just like pitchers. It's their job to swing real hard or hit balls real far. Don't wanna get mad? Don't give up a bomb. And don't even get me started on 'the code.' That's a bunch of antiquated BS that is akin to old men yelling at clouds. It's a game. The players should have fun. I was so glad I finally heard someone endorse that mindset on MLBNetwork radio the other day. It's a game. Have fun. Quit crying like a little girl when you get touched up. I'll just never understand it.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:05

dubie7006 wrote:

When I played ball, I was a pitcher.  And I never....ever....ever got upset if someone hit a bomb off me or celebrated or anything.  I don't understand big league pitchers who think since a guy celebrated or swung extra hard or some shit like that that they can get real mad and fight or throw at the next dude.  Batters get paid just like pitchers.  It's their job to swing real hard or hit balls real far.  Don't wanna get mad? Don't give up a bomb.  And don't even get me started on 'the code.' That's a bunch of antiquated BS that is akin to old men yelling at clouds.  It's a game.  The players should have fun. I was so glad I finally heard someone endorse that mindset on MLBNetwork radio the other day.  It's a game.  Have fun.  Quit crying like a little girl when you get touched up.  I'll just never understand it.

The code has come under debate as of late. Gomez and Fernandez have opened up that dialogue.

I'm old school, I say hit the ball and run your bases. I don't want baseball to become a sport of jackasses like the NBA or NFL where you have a whole bunch of dumb shit going on after every play.

The Gomez fight I can justify against Atlanta, that was in retaliation to getting pegged. Gomez against the Pirates I thought he was being a jackass.

Fernandez's display of show boating came after a very heated game, I'll give him a pass.

Last night Torii did nothing outside of the code that I could see and I thought Norris was being a son of bitch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:27

Did anyone see the umpire poke Hunter in the face? If Hunter had done that to the ump, he'd probably be looking at a 5 game suspension. I hate the double standard with the umps demanding respect and protection, yet they think that they can just tap someone in the face to get their attention.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:32

Rodeo Burger wrote:Did anyone see the umpire poke Hunter in the face?  If Hunter had done that to the ump, he'd probably be looking at a 5 game suspension.  I hate the double standard with the umps demanding respect and protection, yet they think that they can just tap someone in the face to get their attention.

Torii defended the ump. The ump was saying to him more or less you are better than that don't get involved and Hunter agreed with him.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:34

steveschneider wrote:

Torii defended the ump. The ump was saying to him more or less you are better than that don't get involved and Hunter agreed with him.

I'm glad those 2 worked it out with much adieu. But we both know that if a player did that to an ump, the umpires union would threaten to go on strike if the player wasn't suspended.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:52

steveschneider wrote:

The code has come under debate as of late. Gomez and Fernandez have opened up that dialogue.

I'm old school, I say hit the ball and run your bases. I don't want baseball to become a sport of jackasses like the NBA or NFL where you have a whole bunch of dumb shit going on after every play.

The Gomez fight I can justify against Atlanta, that was in retaliation to getting pegged. Gomez against the Pirates I thought he was being a jackass.

Fernandez's display of show boating came after a very heated game, I'll give him a pass.

Last night Torii did nothing outside of the code that I could see and I thought Norris was being a son of bitch.

How was Gomez v. Pirates Gomez's fault? The pitcher went over and started yapping. Gomez did what a lot of players do when they think they hit a homer...watched it. When he realized it wasn't gone, he hustled his ass off. Bottom line for me...you don't want dudes to watch majestic longballs, don't throw hittable stuff. And definitely don't complain about it when they do hit you.

I agree with all the rest, though. I guess I'm just sick of media types that think baseball should be played just as a game of chess would. I want to see personality, brash or not.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Draymond Tue 13 May 2014 - 15:46

Schoenfield on ESPN made a good point in his blog post today.  I'm paraphrasing, but he mentioned how it's funny how the "code" says it's wrong to admire or celebrate a good hit, but apparently it's ok if a pitcher throws a ball at a batter just because he's pissed off about the HR he just gave up....  Question
Dr Draymond
Dr Draymond
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 13 May 2014 - 16:06

dubie7006 wrote:

How was Gomez v. Pirates Gomez's fault? The pitcher went over and started yapping.  Gomez did what a lot of players do when they think they hit a homer...watched it.  When he realized it wasn't gone, he hustled his ass off.   Bottom line for me...you don't want dudes to watch majestic longballs, don't throw hittable stuff.  And definitely don't complain about it when they do hit you.

I agree with all the rest, though.  I guess I'm just sick of media types that think baseball should be played just as a game of chess would.  I want to see personality, brash or not.

Well first off If I'm a Brewer I'm pissed off by his lack of hustle, he most likely cost his team an in the park hr and the game went to extra innings. As a huge Pete Rose fan, I want to see more players hit that ball and run those bases with a sense of urgency.

Look I'm a traditionalist with the sport. It's a big debate right now and a lot of the writers want to see more celebration, I just think baseball is better off without it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Tue 13 May 2014 - 16:40

Dr Draymond wrote:Schoenfield on ESPN made a good point in his blog post today.  I'm paraphrasing, but he mentioned how it's funny how the "code" says it's wrong to admire or celebrate a good hit, but apparently it's ok if a pitcher throws a ball at a batter just because he's pissed off about the HR he just gave up....  Question

Fantastic point. And as a former pitcher, I'd say that's incredibly wrong. Why waste an out opportunity? Want revenge? Get the guy out. Don't plunk him. Best way to shut him up is to sit him down.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Tue 13 May 2014 - 16:48

It's laughable that Norris would supposedly take exception to Tori taking too big a swing on a first pitch. Ever watch the A's play ? Nearly every batter swings like he is trying to hit it 500 feet on almost every pitch. Dozens of players do the same all the time.

A generation or two ago batters would get dusted if they looked too comfortable taking huge swings, but that type of enforcement ended about the time Bob Gibson retired.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Tue 13 May 2014 - 16:53

WBill wrote:It's laughable that Norris would supposedly take exception to Tori taking too big a swing on a first pitch.  Ever watch the A's play ? Nearly every batter swings like he is trying to hit it 500 feet on almost every pitch. Dozens of players do the same all the time.

A generation or two ago batters would get dusted if they looked too comfortable taking huge swings, but that type of enforcement ended about the time Bob Gibson retired.

I just don't understand the "swing too hard" view. What are they supposed to do....swing with the intent of keeping the ball on the infield? Guys swing hard every plate appearance. It's just laughable to me.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 13 May 2014 - 17:13

dubie7006 wrote:

I just don't understand the "swing too hard" view.  What are they supposed to do....swing with the intent of keeping the ball on the infield?  Guys swing hard every plate appearance.  It's just laughable to me.

Agree 100%. I watched the entire inning last night, and Torii did nothing wrong. The pitcher was being a huge a hole and taking a cheap shot. The rib shot Hanley Ramirez took had a devastating effect on the Dodgers in the NLCS.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 19:50

Bump for hilarity.

I'll give you that Braun should probably have been on first anyway, but if Marshall doesn't get tossed then you have him in the game instead of some dude who's come in cold. We'll never know what would have happened, but I think it's hilarious that the first pitch gets taken deep after this stupid bullshit.

I'll just never understand it.

Kirk Gibson...Dbacks manager with panties in a bunch
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down