Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break?

+5
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
DWags
Herbie Green
9 posters

Go down

Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break? Empty Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break?

Post by Herbie Green Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:33 pm

I think this is what is going to have to happen. We don't want to see this great MSU team bow out on the first weekend.
As you recall, much to the dismay of Nigel, I pointed out MSU's best lineup would be DV at the point but that he would wear down because of insufficient depth at the PG position. We have now seeen both of these things come to fruition.
That was MSU's best lineup against Purdue. Still could have used Tum Tum for 5-10 minutes but we went balls to the wall and almost pulled it off. This strategy will produce diminishing returns the rest of the season. Time to give McQuaid 10 minutes at point with DV on the bench.
Yet, I had always said in the past that these guys don't need this much rest. This is what a guy like DV was born to do. Put him out there for 39 minutes and bring home the W.
I would be interested in tSwill's opinions here (Nigel excluded)
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break? Empty Re: Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break?

Post by DWags Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I think this is what is going to have to happen. We don't want to see this great MSU team bow out on the first weekend.
As you recall, much to the dismay of Nigel, I pointed out MSU's best lineup would be DV at the point but that he would wear down because of insufficient depth at the PG position. We have now seeen both of these things come to fruition.
That was MSU's best lineup against Purdue. Still could have used Tum Tum for 5-10 minutes but we went balls to the wall and almost pulled it off. This strategy will produce diminishing returns the rest of the season. Time to give McQuaid 10 minutes at point with DV on the bench.
Yet, I had always said in the past that these guys don't need this much rest. This is what a guy like DV was born to do. Put him out there for 39 minutes and bring home the W.

I think you need to let your obsession with Nigel go. Nobody thinks anybody is an expert on this board. We're all just talkin shit. Tom Izzo knows what to do.

It's fun reading your thoughts about what you think is correct but your so obsessed with another guys Internet opiniin, it doesn't lead to a ot of confidence in yours.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break? Empty Re: Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break?

Post by InTenSity Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't think Valentine is sitting on Valentine's day. Just sayin. Also no way it happens against iu. Northwestern at home, Valentine might have the flu.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:47 pm

InTenSity wrote:I don't think Valentine is sitting on Valentine's day. Just sayin. Also no way it happens against iu. Northwestern at home, Valentine might have the flu.

He did hit that three last year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:57 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I think this is what is going to have to happen. We don't want to see this great MSU team bow out on the first weekend.

I think you need to let your obsession with Nigel go. Nobody thinks anybody is an expert on this board. We're all just talkin shit. Tom Izzo knows what to do.

It's fun reading your thoughts about what you think is correct but your so obsessed with another guys Internet opiniin, it doesn't lead to a ot of confidence in yours.

I felt it was necessary to throw in a pre-emptive strike against Nigel because he ruins every thread where a legitimate discussion could take place. I don't claim to have all the answers but it gets a little frustrating when I brought up these same points in advance and had to deal with Nigel's smilie bullshit
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

I felt it was necessary to throw in a pre-emptive strike against Nigel because he ruins every thread where a legitimate discussion could take place. I don't claim to have all the answers but it gets a little frustrating when I brought up these same points in advance and had to deal with Nigel's smilie bullshit

He only ruins what you let him ruin. In this case, you preemptively let him ruin it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

He only ruins what you let him ruin. In this case, you preemptively let him ruin it.

It's basically an open letter to Nigel.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:36 pm

I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:19 pm

DWags wrote:

Nigel is going to give you a pm and a handy
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Well, it is not all about UM but I guess I will go with a loss there. That is a tough match up from either perspective. But I think Schillig/Goins etc. trying to chase Robinson, Dawkins, etc. on the perimeter is an advantage to UM that will outwreigh MSU's advantage inside. And UM will have a decided advantage at the point over McQuaid.

Will Izzo risk a loss tomorrow to give DV a break? 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:02 am

Who cares? Losses only matter in March.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:48 am

DWags wrote:

I believe Herbie majored in revisionist history.

On a sidenote:

16-2 with Tum Tum.
4-3 without Tum Tum.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:27 am

Giant Moose wrote:Who cares? Losses only matter in March.

Derp
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Wisky UM and OSU ahead of MSU in standings. My Gawd
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:07 pm

The_Dude wrote:Wisky UM and OSU ahead of MSU in standings. My Gawd

Derp
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down